MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #61
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
All these darn 'African American' holes.. :-)
fixed it to be politically correct
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Gear Fashion Suicide at PP1?? SGT USMC 0311 General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 06-26-2010 04:06 PM
PP1 tonight El_Diablo Events, Meets and Rides 61 12-22-2008 11:33 PM
PP1 tonight!!!!!!!!! lil nicky Events, Meets and Rides 18 06-18-2008 09:06 PM
Follow up to Suicide Bomber FastLine Off Topic 21 07-08-2005 03:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #62
ccalvin
what what in the ?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2020 yamaha ninja gsxr 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
All these darn 'Black' holes.. :-)
excuse me? They are White holes.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #63
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWPOKE View Post
Well, after some of the replies, im pretty disappointed in the intelligence/maturity level of some of our members. I know im new to motohouston, but give it a break guys!

1. The "Pipe Bombs" were identical to freaking pipe bombs not a thermos (We are not stupid). Metal pipe capped on both ends, grayish in color, plumbers sealant on the threads, with other materials connected to the side. Theres honestly nothing about their appearance that would have caused any of you to think they were fake. If u saw how fast I got out of dodge...u would understand!

2. If any of you know what a suicide bomber is and does, then u would not make the stupid comment that you would kick the guys azz, because if real, u would be dead with the other 30 people standing around looking.

3. I see we have some bomb ordinance experts in here, who can predict blast patterns of a possible pipe bomb they never saw. Oh, and they also can read the mind of a guy they never met to determine his purpose.

4. Im disappointed in the fact very few people took the situation serious enough to immediately move away from the pipes/guy. Maybe it was a test to see a typical bystander response to a situation like that. According to terrorist intelligence info, many of these attackers plan for years just for 1 attack. I remember reading where an obortion clinic bomber called 911 to report a bombing just to see where the police and firetrucks parked. Well, 1 month later, he really blew the clinic up and placed secondary bombs in the exact location where the police/firefighters previously parked. Some of the rescuers lost their lives.

5. Sorry that everyone does not carry 45's around. I was hoping the security and police were gonna take care of that part...but they obviously didn't.

6. So, lets be mature and realistic about the situation and not act like 10 yr olds. Ive seen so many times on moto houston where some "know it all idiot" just has to put his 10 cents in. This could have been real and some of our members could have been hurt or killed! Hopefully us Americans will get out of the little box we have been hiding in and realize the fact that 1000's of people would love to see us dead. Not because of the color of our skin, age, , but because are American!

Sorry slowpoke but you are in the same boat as everyone here. No one here is an expert of explosive devices. The whole incident was just a speculation of a terrorist with pipe bombs and there is no proof of what is said is real. Will someone post pics of said explosive device? Did the bomb squad came to the scene? Lucky for the hero that thing didn't go off.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #64
SLOWPOKE

ULRIC - You, expected that your post came across as being legit?

Slowpoke - Maybe not legit to YOU! Guess everyone is intitled to their own opinion. I'll respect yours.

Urlic - Ok.. your training & experience in regards in regards determing a bomb vs A piece of pipe with caps?

I refered to it as "what appeared to be a pipe bomb". Look at my first post! If a guy pointed a gun at you that looked real that later turned out to be fake, it still scared the out of u! Whats the difference in this siutation. I'm not putting myself out as an expert. Just someone with common sense! People don't walked around with capped pieces of metal pipe in a padded case! Not to mention displaying it for everyone to see and making the sign of the cross. DUH!!

Ulric - What do you know about suicide bombers? Sorry what you described really doesn't come close to my understanding of one.

Slowpoke - A suicide bomber is a person who will blow you up including themselves! Wow, I really had to research that one!

Urlic - Because most people aren't paranoid...

Slowpoke - I agree most people aren't paranoid, but most arent stupid enough to hang around a suspected bomb either!

Urlic - What police...all ya'll reported was telling a security guard. For all you know, the guy makes regular visits there and maybe security is used to seeing him there with said 'case' etc.

Slowpoke - It was reported to the security guard as "call the Police....there is a guy with a possible pipe bomb". It was assumed the security guard called the police. You may be 100 percent correct about security always seeing him there with the case, but who knows. Not my job to assume that.

Sorry...I don't know how to link a quote yet! Had to use the different color text.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #65
ccalvin
what what in the ?

Bike(s):

Slowpoke, I do see and understand why you would be very concerned. Heck if i thought my life was in danger, I'd react the same way. But like many, I was a bit skeptical as to what really happened. I rolled out of pp1 moments before this happened, so to hear of a bomb threat came as a bit of a shock and with a bit of skepticism. Perhaps some more first hand witnesses would be able to further explain the situation??
Old 07-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #66
SLOWPOKE

Level 5, that is exactly what im trying to say. You are 100 percent correct! The whole situation was speculation based on common sense. None of us are bomb experts! My only arguement is that many of the post were a little immature. Sometimes I think people just like to see their avatar on a thread. Im done =)
Old 07-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #67
ccalvin
what what in the ?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Level 5, that is exactly what im trying to say. You are 100 percent correct! The whole situation was speculation based on common sense. None of us are bomb experts! My only arguement is that many of the post were a little immature. Sometimes I think people just like to see their avatar on a thread. Im done =)
well.. you got me there.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #68
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Ok Ok Ok! So pushy...I'll finish. Well I left out some facts! Not meant to offend anyone, but the guy was of middle eastern decent! So, some guys out there got a closer look than i did at the actual pipes, i didn't care to get that close. When the guy walked inside of PP1, some rider picked up the case and ran with it and put it on the other side of PP1 where no one could get injured if something happened! HERO!!!! Well, I went and got the security guy in the SUV with the blue light and told him to call the POPO's. For some reason he never called the cops, but he did make the guy pick the case up and leave. I was about to dial 911, but by the time i realized the security guy did nothing about it, the guy was long gone.
middle eastern decent with a bomb. such peaceful people.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #69
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Fun Time...

Quote:
Urlic - Ok.. your training & experience in regards in regards determing a bomb vs A piece of pipe with caps?

I refered to it as "what appeared to be a pipe bomb". Look at my first post! If a guy pointed a gun at you that looked real that later turned out to be fake, it still scared the out of u! Whats the difference in this siutation. I'm not putting myself out as an expert. Just someone with common sense! People don't walked around with capped pieces of metal pipe in a padded case! Not to mention displaying it for everyone to see and making the sign of the cross. DUH!!
The behaviour you document screams to me, looking for attention. Nothing more.

Quote:
[Ulric - What do you know about suicide bombers? Sorry what you described really doesn't come close to my understanding of one.

Slowpoke - A suicide bomber is a person who will blow you up including themselves! Wow, I really had to research that one!
Which translates to jack ... stop and think. Why would a suicide bomber abandon their bomb abd draw attention to themselves? Suicide bomber is going for mass-effect or specific target...

Quote:
Urlic - Because most people aren't paranoid...
Slowpoke - I agree most people aren't paranoid, but most arent stupid enough to hang around a suspected bomb either!
or how about most registered him as a and not a 'potential bomber/terrorist'?

Quote:
Urlic - What police...all ya'll reported was telling a security guard. For all you know, the guy makes regular visits there and maybe security is used to seeing him there with said 'case' etc.

Slowpoke - It was reported to the security guard as "call the Police....there is a guy with a possible pipe bomb". It was assumed the security guard called the police. You may be 100 percent correct about security always seeing him there with the case, but who knows. Not my job to assume that.
Ok it's an emergency situation... so your going to ADD a step to the process in getting it addressed. Tell the sec guard to call the cops etc...

Quote:
The whole situation was speculation based on common sense. None of us are bomb experts! My only arguement is that many of the post were a little immature. Sometimes I think people just like to see their avatar on a thread. Im done =)
Have you considered the possibility that it MIGHT have something to do
with the (bullshit) melodramatic title and manner in which the post was written?

Disclaimer:
Not a bomb expert...but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #70
JUANTED

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 770

Man that was some crazy nite i wish we had a camera so every would of believe us
Old 07-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #71
andre3k
I see dead people...

Regardless of what actually transpired, it is still probably worth reporting to HPD. It would have been better to do it last night but you can still have a unit do a report. I don't understand why anyone would pass responsibility of reporting this incident to security guard that makes $7.50 / hr and wonder why nothing happened.

IMO Starbucks represents an excellent soft target for a suicide bomber. Its lack of security and international identity to American capitalism would surely bring much attention to any group that claimed responsibility.

Its easy to monday morning quarterback but he would have quickly had a pistol screwed in his ear and some flex cuffs on him had i witnessed this personally.

Last edited by andre3k; 07-10-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #72
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

can you draw us a picture of the pipe bomb for my future reference? and I don't understand why you used the blue light patrol instead of 9-1-1.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #73
SLOWPOKE

Well...I just figured it out! URLIC is a know it all and im fighting a loosing battle! Reminds me of the one kid in Algebra who knew all the answers!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #74
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
Man that was some crazy nite i wish we had a camera so every would of believe us
Hey, I'll admit I'm sure something screwy happened based on that. Make it simple, someone should have called 911 directly...and calmly tried to get people to move out of the immediate area.

See a suspicius perons/package... notify the police. Don't try to apprehend or confront them and do NOT try to pickup/move/open the package.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #75
andre3k
I see dead people...

Old 07-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #76
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

where do the nails and all that stuff come into play? i see it on that dude's vest...but on the news, they always talk about pipe bombs wrapped in nails.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #77
SLOWPOKE

Hind sight 20/20 it would have made more sense for us to call the police! Haha....I bet if the security guard was the chick who kicks everyone out of the parking lot over the PA, that guy would have been toast! =)
Old 07-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #78
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Well...I just figured it out! URLIC is a know it all and im fighting a loosing battle! Reminds me of the one kid in Algebra who knew all the answers!
Maybe Ulric, who is near 40 yrs old, while not an expert has a bit more experience/knowledge/training that you do?
Maybe if you tried asking some intelligent questions and tried a calm intelligent post, instead of the bimbo-barbie drama mama title etc you might
have gotten different initial response too?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #79
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
where do the nails and all that stuff come into play? i see it on that dude's vest...but on the news, they always talk about pipe bombs wrapped in nails.
Shrapnel (sp?)

similar concept to a shotgun shell...
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #80
JUANTED

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 770

The first thing to pop in my head is "i got to get the F$#k out of here " cause the there some F$%K up people that r just wainting to hurt people
Closed Thread

Advertisement