Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Belated LSTD report 7-4

I went out of town directly after the track day, and it was gooooood- I needed a break. It was a really busy day, and getting the hang of a new facility with plenty of folks who were racing it for the first time was kindof taxing!

All 4 groups were "full", and it was a packed house to be sure.

We covered all of the little idiosyncrasies and unique characteristics of the track during the rider's meeting, emphasizing that everyone had the WHOLE DAY to get to know the track and get up to their pace. Everyone did pretty well with only a few minor issues that didn't really hold up the track time at all (our Outriders and Operations Staff personnel are top notch! ).

We didn't get off to a 8am start, but we did get going at 8:30. No issues with the track, seemed like it was just as sticky at 8:30 as it was at 10am, so things got off without a hitch. As the day wore on, the rain came down for about an hour or so. I was on the track when it started raining, and even with DOT Bridgestones, it was slick as owl shyte. Personally, I packed up my leathers, took my wheels to John at SCRC for some new shoes, and just worked Operations for the rest of the day without riding- probably best for all since I just couldn't seem to find any type of groove on that track. A buddy of mine was a member there, and I have tons of laps in the other direction ever since it opened until about a year ago. Clockwise seems to be better, but I was having a hard time visualizing and I think I just need a full day there to reacquaint myself in the new track direction- preferably without friggin' rain.

As always, Eric did a great job of running things in the morning to make sure the corner workers were taken care of and that the grid was good to go when we went "hot". He also mentored our newest mafioso, but to me, it looked like a labor of "love" Pam doesn't need much direction at all, just wind her up and let her go- she takes no from anyone, and doesn't mind giving directions! Even the CMRA Staff was complimenting Pam, and didn't believe me when I told them this was her first official Operations Staff event!

Corner workers were simply awesome Friday! Each of them did a great job of keeping riders safe and watching for any on or off track issues! Thanks to all of them!

Instructors did a fine job of keeping things in line as control riders since we didn't have a rider's school or noob group. Things went off swimmingly as we inaugurated a new crop of racers to the sport too! One of which (and his name escapes me...) was leading the mock race, came out of turn 2 toward the front straight, hit a huge puddle, went to a pretty violent looking tank slapper, went off track, and saved it. I think he had to take a little mental inventory after that as he caught his breath he actually stopped on the track (off the line, but still). I don't know if he heard us yelling or if he just collected himself enough, but he finally got underway. It was an impressive save!

On Saturday, LSTD Racing did another fine job of bringing home a podium spot, again, and passed an Idiot for a 3rd overall on the last lap of the race! If it were one lap longer, they would have held it too, but unfortunately as time ran out, that lap wasn't complete, so scoring reverted back to the previous lap, and they had to settle for 4th overall and 2nd in class. Still, extremely respectable racing against a field of really fast and talented racers!

Gotta give props and thanks to all those who attended Friday, and big props to Macman, Wade, and Jeff for putting on the finest track days in the State!

Thanks to all who attended for your continued support!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Belated Thank You... Bushido General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 06-17-2011 09:44 AM
Happy belated Birthday Patrick! tomLSTD Off Topic 7 01-25-2009 07:55 PM
Next LSTD??? Swift E Taking it to the Track 14 02-27-2007 11:14 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
doc_zx10r

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Black ZX10 (down payement w/ approval), 999S (Race only), 2006 Black ZX10R, 2004 NSR50 (my fav)

The name that escapes you is John. He's a good friend of mine, I was right behind him in the mock race and ended up taking the win. I had a good view of the tank slapper and I will say that it was the mother of all saves. I had to give him major props for that one. Coming into turn 2 John hit a puddle of water which caused the mishap, I'm just glad that he finished. From my view it was a real violent tank slapper and could have been a lot worse. I just want to thank LSTD for holding such a great event, kudos.

Sondy Coker
doc_zx10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I went out of town directly after the track day, and it was gooooood- I needed a break. It was a really busy day, and getting the hang of a new facility with plenty of folks who were racing it for the first time was kindof taxing!

We covered all of the little idiosyncrasies and unique characteristics of the track during the rider's meeting, emphasizing that everyone had the WHOLE DAY to get to know the track and get up to their pace. Everyone did pretty well with only a few minor issues that didn't really hold up the track time at all (our Outriders and Operations Staff personnel are top notch! ).

We didn't get off to a 8am start, but we did get going at 8:30. No issues with the track, seemed like it was just as sticky at 8:30 as it was at 10am, so things got off without a hitch. As the day wore on, the rain came down for about an hour or so. I was on the track when it started raining, and even with DOT Bridgestones, it was slick as owl shyte. Personally, I packed up my leathers, took my wheels to John at SCRC for some new shoes, and just worked Operations for the rest of the day without riding- probably best for all since I just couldn't seem to find any type of groove on that track. A buddy of mine was a member there, and I have tons of laps in the other direction ever since it opened until about a year ago. Clockwise seems to be better, but I was having a hard time visualizing and I think I just need a full day there to reacquaint myself in the new track direction- preferably without friggin' rain.

As always, Eric did a great job of running things in the morning to make sure the corner workers were taken care of and that the grid was good to go when we went "hot". He also mentored our newest mafioso, but to me, it looked like a labor of "love" Pam doesn't need much direction at all, just wind her up and let her go- she takes no from anyone, and doesn't mind giving directions! Even the CMRA Staff was complimenting Pam, and didn't believe me when I told them this was her first official Operations Staff event!

Corner workers were simply awesome Friday! Each of them did a great job of keeping riders safe and watching for any on or off track issues! Thanks to all of them!

Instructors did a fine job of keeping things in line as control riders since we didn't have a rider's school or noob group. Things went off swimmingly as we inaugurated a new crop of racers to the sport too! One of which (and his name escapes me...) was leading the mock race, came out of turn 2 toward the front straight, hit a huge puddle, went to a pretty violent looking tank slapper, went off track, and saved it. I think he had to take a little mental inventory after that as he caught his breath he actually stopped on the track (off the line, but still). I don't know if he heard us yelling or if he just collected himself enough, but he finally got underway. It was an impressive save!

On Saturday, LSTD Racing did another fine job of bringing home a podium spot, again, and passed an Idiot for a 3rd overall on the last lap of the race! If it were one lap longer, they would have held it too, but unfortunately as time ran out, that lap wasn't complete, so scoring reverted back to the previous lap, and they had to settle for 4th overall and 2nd in class. Still, extremely respectable racing against a field of really fast and talented racers!

Gotta give props and thanks to all those who attended Friday, and big props to Macman, Wade, and Jeff for putting on the finest track days in the State!

sorry to burst ur bubble Tom, but team LSTD got 5th overall. Moto Ace got 3rd. might wanna check the CMRA results

http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/20...nt6/be/6_5.xml
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
sorry to burst ur bubble Tom, but team LSTD got 5th overall. Moto Ace got 3rd. might wanna check the CMRA results

http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/20...nt6/be/6_5.xml
I thought it was 4th, I took someone else's word for it... my bad!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
jodyhudson

Quote:
its ok buddy. just tryin to keep the facts straight there were a few other people that seemed to have that problem as well on friday
Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

I need to mention too:

Team Kamakazi LSTD 2nd in class, 15th overall in F2

Ronnie Hay garnered a 2nd in HW Twins down by only 4 seconds at the flag

Along with various other LSTD sponsored riders and staffers who did a fantastic job last weekend! (if I listed them all, it would kill bandwidth... :keke)

Great job to all the racers this past weekend!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
its ok buddy. just tryin to keep the facts straight there were a few other people that seemed to have that problem as well on friday
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I heard about it...
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Nox

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

sorry i missed this one for sure. ah well, take the good with the bad.

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Talking

Quote:
Yeah Tom, Jody don't miss a trick!

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #10
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
Yeah Tom, Jody don't miss a trick!
Jody just did his research, I was not that sharp!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
jodyhudson

Quote:
Jody just did his research, I was not that sharp!
its all good Tom. just didnt want you discrediting my boys on the MotoAce team. wasnt tryin to pick on ya
Old 07-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:

I had an absolute blast!
Thanks for everyones support And for the opportunity to be a part of the elite in track day organizations
Our cornerworkers did an awesome job indeed...
As did our instructors
and big props to Macman, Wade, and Jeff
thanks everyone
Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #13
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
I had an absolute blast!
Thanks for everyones support And for the opportunity to be a part of the elite in track day organizations
Our cornerworkers did an awesome job indeed...
As did our instructors
and big props to Macman, Wade, and Jeff
thanks everyone
thank u pam for ur dedication & doin such an excellent job. u are truely a one of a kind out there
Old 07-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
thank u pam for ur dedication & doin such an excellent job. u are truely a one of a kind out there
Thanks Could you imagine the trouble if there were two of me
If only I could find a job like this to support my family, I would eat, sleep and drink track and ride of course
Old 07-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #15
jeffLSTD
A hit off the track pipe?

Bike(s):
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track bike)

I heard nothing but great things aboutcha!! Thanks for the awesome job!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #16
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffLSTD View Post
I heard nothing but great things aboutcha!! Thanks for the awesome job!
and thanks for the opportunity