MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
insurance claim.

ok i got hit last week in my 4runner. was a tbone turned into sideswipe with my excellent driving skillz. almost flipped over but i saved it after fish tailing a few yards. i was hit by a 66 year old hispanic guy.

insurance isnt a problem since i already got my claim number. he hit me with a company truck during the morning. said he didnt see me. probably didnt hear me either cause my fuking horn was laid down all the way through till he hit me.

now my question.
do shops do bodywork and audio systems? since my sub actually flew from the left to right side. i want to claim some money on electrical problems. but they say the shop will diagnose if its a problem. i'm pretty sure body shops dont do system, maybe minor radio and stuff but nothing elaborate. i told them i had a fancy system that was damaged and i want it to get checked. But i dont think the lady understood my terminology. my subwoofer did fly from left to right and my amp rack shifted. probably cause i didnt nail it down, but whatever.

i dont want just a new paint and body, i want my system fixed/updated too. didnt some member here open a audio shop? what is typical quote for installation and what not. i can install my own, but since this is insurance work, i wanna see how much they would pay and possibly add a new head unit or something. maybe some new speakers or better amp. even though my current setup is pretty decent already. around $1500 in it, give or take.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To put in an insurance claim or not... NitroHonda General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 06-02-2011 01:10 AM
Car Insurance Claim Rant TomballD Off Topic 21 04-06-2011 10:23 PM
need help with ins claim. gixxerbilly Off Topic 6 10-01-2009 01:15 PM
Filing a claim GQ* How To's and Q & A's 25 07-08-2009 11:03 PM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

did you take it to your body shop or the insurance body shop. take it to yours since you have that right and tell YOUR shop the situation.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
your best bet would prob be to try and get a agent who understands what your asking,

i have a box with 2 subs and a amp on it sitting in my garage if you want to throw it in the back and say its not working to
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

o they letting me take it to my own shop, i know a body shop that my friend goes/send people to regularly, but i been there and i know they dont do systems and stuff. i guess they could write the invoice with electrical problem and get me some cash. but dunno.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

too much to read so i wish you luck

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #6
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
too much to read so i wish you luck
lol, no wonder u cant spell. hehe

dont take much liking to reading.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Can I buy your old stuff?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by linjy2
o they letting me take it to my own shop, i know a body shop that my friend goes/send people to regularly, but i been there and i know they dont do systems and stuff. i guess they could write the invoice with electrical problem and get me some cash. but dunno.
make sure friend goes with you so they wont screw you too. if the system dont work ask for a estimate or invoice to fix it or to reinburse.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdawgR6
Can I buy your old stuff?
maybe if i get money for some new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
make sure friend goes with you so they wont screw you too. if the system dont work ask for a estimate or invoice to fix it or to reinburse.
cool, i guess wouldnt matter if im getting screwed or not since insurance is paying and not me.

o well thanks anyways.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:27 PM   #10
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
haha carlos ur avatar
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #11
TDragon

Bike(s):
2003 636 (sold)/2002 R1

I would get ur body and paint quote from the dealer (since they charge more) then maybe take it to ur friend's if they cut the check out to you.
TDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #12
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
after you ask your agent.. call a shop and ask them as well.. call Live Wire.. I'm sure they have been through this a couple times and can probably direct you in the right way to go and possibly the right thing to say

GOOD LUCK

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 PM   #13
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
after you ask your agent.. call a shop and ask them as well.. call Live Wire.. I'm sure they have been through this a couple times and can probably direct you in the right way to go and possibly the right thing to say

GOOD LUCK
whats live wire? i already talked into the recorded msg with their agent so thats too late, but they are willing to pay me already, so i just need a quote.

yeah thats what i plan to do, take it to dealer for a quote first.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:22 AM   #14
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

in 2000 i had a civic that was totalled when an SUV ran over my hood coming down the offramp at i-45. i went to the audio shop the week before so i could get my audio system insured and he hooked me up with a receipt that said i bought 3500 bux worth of system. :-)

i went back to him and used the money to get a way better system at an even better discount than last time

fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #15
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
www.livewire.com

Prodigy should have the number in his signature...

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #16
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Take it Toyota and get a quote. (since this is toyota it will be the most expensive). Then get insurance to cut you a check. They will do this since you have a quote from a toyota dealership. Then you have a lot of $ and you go to a cheaper bodyshop and get your car fixed for less. Therfore you pocket some cash to buy a new system or to take to the strip club

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:49 AM   #17
Runner

Bike(s):
SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDragon
I would get ur body and paint quote from the dealer (since they charge more) then maybe take it to ur friend's if they cut the check out to you.
BS that's the biggest lie on the streets...We don't charge more we just make sure u get what u have coming to put your vech back to it's pre loss condition... Besides all insurance pay the going rate in the city which at this time is 38.00 ph on paint & body 75.00 on mech work... I run a BS for Saturn and most insurance companies allow the adjustor tp handle audio claims direct from the audio store u choose...We don't handle any high end audio equip here or does any other shop I've worked for.... But don't be led astray alot of Independent shops cut corners I know I also was an adjustor for 15 years Dealers will not risk their rep for a part or repair not completed on a damaged car................................

Last edited by Runner; 10-28-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #18
DuBwEaR
Agent PIMP

Bike(s):
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

Member Garage

do not take it to the dealership, they will screw u! insurance companies pay dealerships money to keep the quote as low as possible. you need to take your car to an expensive bodyshop, like river oaks paint and body on kirby, have the body shop give you an estimate before the insurance adjuster comes out to do an estimate.you have the right to be demanding, you are the victim.

if u havent already i would go to the hospital and get checked out, then call a lawyer. you have the possability of making a lump sum of money, trust me i've been through this sort of thing several times.PM me if you have any questions or need more details.
1995 Honda Shadow VLX
2004 Nissan Frontier XE
DuBwEaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:32 PM   #19
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
BS that's the biggest lie on the streets...We don't charge more we just make sure u get what u have coming to put your vech back to it's pre loss condition... Besides all insurance pay the going rate in the city which at this time is 38.00 ph on paint & body 75.00 on mech work... I run a BS for Saturn and most insurance companies allow the adjustor tp handle audio claims direct from the audio store u choose...We don't handle any high end audio equip here or does any other shop I've worked for.... But don't be led astray alot of Independent shops cut corners I know I also was an adjustor for 15 years Dealers will not risk their rep for a part or repair not completed on a damaged car................................
ok dealers dont charge more, but they dont charge less. they will sell me the body parts at msrp vs me ordering the same oem part online for 50% off or something.

ok so im lost on this one part.
Quote:
most insurance companies allow the adjustor tp handle audio claims direct from the audio store u choose...We don't handle any high end audio equip here or does any other shop I've worked for
do i get a quote at two places? i'm going to toyota bodyshop for a quote tomorrow, but i want a audio quote too. so do i go to custom car audio for my audio quote? is this how i go about this?

and yes i know not to take it to dealership for the work.

o and i just got back from toyota parts for a quote on this rear thingy in my trunk that broke. msrp $479.81. :icon_bigg

cant wait to see the paint and body quote tomorrow.

Last edited by linjy2; 10-28-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Advertisement