MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #81
TrevorC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Me and my buddy got pulled over the other day.....first thing the cop asked for was DL / Insurance...both pulled them out, etc.

Cop starts ranting on about a driver saying we were popping wheelies, riding stupid fast, and our bikes were really loud. Of course honestly my front wheel never left the ground the whole day and or night...I hate wheelies, and my buddies bike is lowered for drag racing about 3"...he couldn't do a wheelie on the highway even if he wanted to.

Anyway, we get tickets for "unsafe speed" cop out of nowhere tells us "I didn't clock you guys, but it took me awhile to catch up so you are getting a "unsafe speed" citation. lol....why pull someone over when you have no proof of anything and give a citation for it? It should get dropped hopefully.

I'm going to fight it, there is nothing under "Alleged speed" on the ticket...
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ticket for fireworks...this is BS Ulric Off Topic 22 07-02-2008 01:46 PM
this is bs Romeo36 Off Topic 11 01-31-2008 10:07 AM
This is not BS redrocker The Circus 109 02-06-2006 07:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #82
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
darn law breaker biker gangs...

Rule of thumb from drivers ed a "long" time ago was one car length for every 10 mph. The one or two second rule came about from the group ride recomendations.

I've never actually seen it written down as a "law"

last time i took defensive driving the rule was 3 seconds, plus add a second for every hazard (night, raining, etc.) that was about 8 or 9 years ago.....and in clear lake!
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #83
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
It stands to reason that he did not have radar on each and every bike to determine who was and was not speeding. .

I'm sure this is old news, but it's impossible for them to have radar on everyone, in fact the radar only tells them someone is speeding, it's the officers discretion who it is.....

I want to laugh every time an officer tells me that I was speeding when I was being passed by an 18 wheeler at the time....BS....but he just "knows" it was me, cause the radar said so......give me a break, its not AEGIS 1 and you have no clue who was speeding....if anyone...how about the times that police radar guns have clocked stop signs over 100 mph....or trees....

anyway, off my soap box....
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #84
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
I'm sure this is old news, but it's impossible for them to have radar on everyone, in fact the radar only tells them someone is speeding, it's the officers discretion who it is.....

I want to laugh every time an officer tells me that I was speeding when I was being passed by an 18 wheeler at the time....BS....but he just "knows" it was me, cause the radar said so......give me a break, its not AEGIS 1 and you have no clue who was speeding....if anyone...how about the times that police radar guns have clocked stop signs over 100 mph....or trees....

anyway, off my soap box....
thats why you hire a ticket attorney and it gets dropped, even if you were speeding.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #85
daniel-son

Bike(s):
'07 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
No, I think most of the 'others' are just tired of responding to the same old BS.
+9999999999

Advertisement