MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #61
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
I can count the # of tickets I've recieved with 2 hands, and no none of em we're 'BS'. Riding smart, helps cut down on it quite a bit.
Riding smart has nothing to do with it. Like they said here they got pulled over miles down the road when they were leaving a eating joint. It's just cops being dicks, but yeah riding alone make you not stick out so much for sure. I hardly ever get tickets myself either. I think only 3 times on my bike in the 20 years of riding.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ticket for fireworks...this is BS Ulric Off Topic 22 07-02-2008 01:46 PM
this is bs Romeo36 Off Topic 11 01-31-2008 10:07 AM
This is not BS redrocker The Circus 109 02-06-2006 07:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #62
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Riding smart has nothing to do with it. Like they said here they got pulled over miles down the road when they were leaving a eating joint. It's just cops being dicks, but yeah riding alone make you not stick out so much for sure. I hardly ever get tickets myself either. I think only 3 times on my bike in the 20 years of riding.
It's cops trynig to do their job. We were told long before about the 'hidden' car task force...and I'd suggest based on their statement the cops coulda been a lot worse. Again, their human...they have good and bad days. Not a call to start cop bashing and bullshit negative generalizations against LEO's.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #63
zac5876
Focus

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 R6R

EXACT same thing happened to me and a buddy. An unmarked radioed to hpd to pull us both over. I fought and won all except speeding.
zac5876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #64
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

ULRIC you must be a cop. That's why you plead with there side so much. I'm not bashing all cops, just the ones with the bullshit tickets. It's all about money is all I'm saying. Your right it's not the cops fault. They were hired to do a job. That job was to inforce the laws on the street. I'm saying I would rather have my money spent with them cutting down on gangs and catching drunk drivers or burglers in neighborhoods then write some little speading ticket with someone going 10 or 15 mph over the speedlimit. I mean I can argu cop edicit(sp) all day with you, but if your a cop you want agree anyway and really what's the point? Some cops are dicks some are not. I've meet a few nice cops and I've seen cops try to get out of helping you so they don't have to write a report. There is bad seeds in every field I guess. I think the system is broken myself.
I'd rather pay double my taxes for cops to ignore the 10-15 mph speeders and concentrate on drug trafficing, drunk drivers, home/car theft etc. You know the stuff that really matters , then what they do now. But that's not what they are hired to do, because those tasks do not bring money into the economy period.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #65
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
ticket says 610 n cullen but we were ticketed after enough time for a sammich at the fannin exit gas station. not sure how they could even prove it was us.. we saw at least 2 group rides go by while we were being ticketed

the BEST part had to have been the freakishly obese officer that pulled up after everyone was ready to leave to explain to us how 'dangerous these bikes are'.
"let me tell ya sumpthin. Im a motorcycle cop and we take courses and learn to do thangs on bikes youll NEVER EVEN UNDERSTAND"...huh. someone PLEASE tell me what he's doing, Im on the edge of my seat
When he started in the other officers even walked away
Sound like a dimissed ticket, wrong address... Go to the Arraignment plead not guilty, trial by judge. When you go to the actual court cases, if the cop shows ask him question such as wich officer had the gun, what formation where we in, where was i in this formation, etc...

Sounds like they are cracking down on bike, maybe because of all the wrecks.
Becareful and make sure your up to date...
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #66
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
ULRIC you must be a cop. That's why you plead with there side so much. I'm not bashing all cops, just the ones with the bullshit tickets.
No, I hate stupid broad generalizations and bashing people with some potentialy rough jobs, that for the most part don't deserve even 1/8th the they get.

You're words..
Quote:
The system is defiantly broken and any cop that says different is just wrong and has no brain cells to think on there own anyway. I have retired cop friends that say the same that was on the force for a long while. Itís all about money these days. The cops these days donít care about people. They are hired to bring in revenue for the city, basically just sales man with a badge that get to lye about whatever to get you to spend money in the courts. If they cared about safety they would be patrolling the neighborhoods for thieves and hanging out at stop lights for car jackers, but that donít pay and could get them killed. Like I said there are no real cops now days only sales guys. As you can tell I hate patrol officers to that right BS tickets like that.
One sentence to try to cover a paragraph of bullshit... and what would appear to be ignorance in how the depts structured/function.
The problem is not 'the cops' the REAL problem(s) would be the people at the upper end, not the lower.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #67
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
No, I hate stupid broad generalizations and bashing people with some potentialy rough jobs, that for the most part don't deserve even 1/8th the they get.

You're words..

One sentence to try to cover a paragraph of bullshit... and what would appear to be ignorance in how the depts structured/function.
The problem is not 'the cops' the REAL problem(s) would be the people at the upper end, not the lower.
Uhh yeah MC Fly that's what I'm saying. The system is broke. The lower peons do what the upper management tells them. So we agree then with that. Not that I care if you agree with me.
I'm not generalizing either. I've delt with lots and lots of cops in my life time and my general feel on them is most of them are doing there job to get there quote for the month, but they can spend less time with the bullshit tickets like this and meet there quote for the month with more deserved tickets. You seem to be the only one that disagrees with this for some reason.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #68
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

naw, we don't feel like retyping whats been drug time and time again.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #69
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Uhh yeah MC Fly that's what I'm saying. The system is broke. The lower peons do what the upper management tells them. So we agree then with that. Not that I care if you agree with me.
I'm not generalizing either. I've delt with lots and lots of cops in my life time and my general feel on them is most of them are doing there job to get there quote for the month, but they can spend less time with the bullshit tickets like this and meet there quote for the month with more deserved tickets.:
You were doing a - job of properly expressing your opinion accurately... and yea I disagree on the 'BS' tickets. What they pull you over for, does not require or dictate they ticket you over for it, and there are several legal options for attempting to resolve em.

If you're getting stopped a lot, there are reasons for it... work to find out what your doing wrong and 'fix it'

Quote:
You seem to be the only one that disagrees with this for some reason.
No, I think most of the 'others' are just tired of responding to the same old BS.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #70
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
You were doing a - job of properly expressing your opinion accurately... and yea I disagree on the 'BS' tickets. What they pull you over for, does not require or dictate they ticket you over for it, and there are several legal options for attempting to resolve em.

If you're getting stopped a lot, there are reasons for it... work to find out what your doing wrong and 'fix it'

No, I think most of the 'others' are just tired of responding to the same old BS.
I didn't think so, but it's hard to get points across in text I guess. Now I didn't say I get stopped alot, just that I delt with alot of cops. I hardley ever get stopped for speeding, but I have delt with cops alot in different situations, not just traffic stops. I think I've only had 2 tickets in the last 10 years. I just paid them or took the defensive driving course. Which was funny because the instructor was talking about how many bullshit tickets get wrote that he see's come threw there and that it's all about revenue etc...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #71
andre3k
I see dead people...

these are pointless threads that just never seem to die. I need to start a "i just took a " thread.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #72
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

so why add to it? Let it die please.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #73
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
so why add to it? Let it die please.
^^^^^

Am I the only one that sees the irony in this statement?
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #74
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

no. I see it to, but again you didn't let it die. That's what happens when two different people don't agree with something on an open forum. You don't like it then don't contribute to it. Can you let it die now. I'm threw.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #75
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

one day i just got my bike. i was not liscensed and had a fender eliminator. i was on beltway going west from 45 north. i kept a pocket of quarters for toll. i was cruising at speed limit and woop woop. i got pulled over by a constable. he asked for my liscense and insuranse. i gave em to him. he asked if i have an ez tag. i said no he said" what, you just blow through the ez tag lane?" i jingled my pocket of quarters and said " no, i paid toll." i show him my reciept. right then a dude and his girl on the back blow by on a sport bike. i bet they bvlew the ez tag lane and i got pulled for it. he saw im 33 and turned very cool. he still cited me for no liscense and the plate. i took awesome cycles class, got liscensed and went to court. in spring no less. kuykendahl and cypresswood. no lawyer. dropped. both. 8 months in the bike game and those are my only ones. but yes the cop stereotype exists like all do for a reason. i know cops that blow cocaine up their nose.
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #76
xrcrx
Immortal

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

Quote:
Christ... give the anti-cop BS a rest. They're people like anyone else, you've got good ones and bad ones... but their trying to do a job. They don't ride around 'gee, I want to do traffic and bust bikers today cause yesterday was harrass a hooker day'.
Actually some do. I met an HPD officer the other day. I was getting dinner and pulled in about the same time he did. When he got outta his car the first thing he said was: " I love chasin' crotch rockets" He turned out to be a pretty nice guy, but his opinion of sport bike riders is pretty much based on squids and he really does live for the chase. He told me about another officer he knows that runs up behind bikes to see if he can make them run. If they don't he just turns off his lights and goes after other prey. Just like any job, the PD is made up of lotsa people. As a group both sport bike enthusiasts and cops reps are being hurt by the actions of a few. The media doesn't help our case one bit either. Not to mention, we've got some really nice acquaintences here on MH that do some really dumbass stuff that makes us all look bad-they may even be friends to some, but they damage our sport/hobby with their actions. that's why we are immediate targets for the PD.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #77
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Always remember Theresa...

blip the throttle for smooth downshifts!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #78
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

Thumbs down

Was total BS. I was leading and was being extra good because I knew they would be out in full force.

What was more BS was the two guys riding with us that were wearing a knee pad on their left knee because they "drag knee under the over passes"...... at least that's what they said. Too bad they didn't use them on crab river. Yes, a knee pad over their jeans.

Nice guys, but
Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #79
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Always remember Theresa...

blip the throttle for smooth downshifts!
TOLD YOU he was gonna yell at me
Old 07-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #80
NASAGeek
Bye, Ford! Hello, GM!

Bike(s):
FZ1
R6S (sold)

I haven't been pulled over since I sold the Saleen... 2002? The advantage to turning 30... you become invisible to cops, so long as you aren't driving a fire-breathing, zero-chambered, blown -car.

Oh, wait. Sport bikes. So, same deal huh? :(
NASAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement