MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #21
Irish
The Dogs Bollocks
 
Irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 508


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki 750









Send a message via MSN to Irish
I heard both Alan ran a 1:38.. and Derek a 1:40..

Haulin !!
__________________
Sunny MotorSports
South Central Race Center
Tom's Paint & Body
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LMS? Solo Taking it to the Track 32 09-01-2009 03:34 PM
ATTN parents of boys: Toilet Seat Injuries to Little Boys Appear to Be on the Rise bioGuru Off Topic 4 12-29-2008 12:56 PM
3-23 LMS: Do you need help? 04RSVR Taking it to the Track 10 03-23-2008 07:30 PM
LMS Trackday Solracer Events, Meets and Rides 0 09-05-2007 03:21 PM
LMS Thanks Dr. Gonzo Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 21 07-09-2007 03:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #22
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,865

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Great job guys. I wish I could have made it out to watch yall. Im proud of you!
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #23
BlackWidow
The Doctor
 
BlackWidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)






Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Good Job Guys!
__________________
A tip somebody gave me on Endurance Racing...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #24
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,094


Bike(s):
:-(









Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Wow what a fun day. Congrats to all of my LMS buddies on all of our respectable finishes. Congrats also to everyone else out there who showed up to race and had a good time. I sure did. It was nice to see some old friends that I haven't seen in a while.

I ended my last race on a high note (no pun intended), as Buck mentioned. Only 2 turns from the finish line in my last race of the day I high-sided myself right into last place and off the 3rd place podium step I was holding in F1. I'm sore this morning, my feet are the worst of it. But they'll heal and I HOPE to be back out there racing this coming weekend at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with you guys.

Congrats Buck on a very entertaining battle in F40. You worked your of for that finish and it was well deserved! We were all pulling for ya from the stands the whole time. Unfortunately I missed your last race as I was lying out in the grass on the side of the track.

Allen C, man you were haulin' yesterday! And you did a 1:38 that race. When you passed me in the F1 race, I knew there was nothing I could do to catch you again. It's amazing to see first hand on the track how big of a difference 2 seconds a lap is. Nice riding. Congrats on the 1st place finishes. We're all proud of ya.

Alonzo you were moving! That battle we had for the entire race in C superbike was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time. At one point when you squeezed me out of the way going through the Carousel (I think you tried to run me off track!) I said out loud in my helmet "Nice job Alonzo". Congrats on your finishes.

Jason you did the deed as well with some respectable finishes considering where you started brotha. You rode hard and were faster than the majority of others in front of you at the end. Next time don't back off. Don't give them an inch. You were flying, homie.

And of course Larry Myers needs no introduction. He was kicking on a slow GSXR-600 and starting at the back of the field. You have to teach me how you do that man.

And last but not least, thanks to Amy Beasley and Henry M for reassuring my wife that I was OK while I was lying out there on the ground. She said she really appreciated it and I do too.

Last edited by Derek Steptoe; 07-07-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #25
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Congrats guys!
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #26
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Congratulations to Everyone!
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #27
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?
 
Rick H.I.C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,056

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250









Awesome job to all!
I had to sit this one out, to give everyone else a chance!
Actually I went to overhaul the front calipers from a dragging issue and didn't have all the seals. Still f'n pist at myself for not checking it all.
I wanted to be at this one! I couldn't even drag myself to come watch...
Many thanks to CMRA for making a show down our way! Next year! Ima bring it!
__________________
LIVE IT WHILE YOU CAN!
Rick H.I.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #28
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?
 
Rick H.I.C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,056

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250









Good to hear your doing good Derek! How did the bike make it out?
__________________
LIVE IT WHILE YOU CAN!
Rick H.I.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #29
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,094


Bike(s):
:-(









Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C. View Post
Good to hear your doing good Derek! How did the bike make it out?
Hole in gas tank
snapped brake line
broken reaset
bent clip-on
broken windscreen

Thats all I know of. We really haven't given it a through look through yet.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #30
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Steptoe View Post
Hole in gas tank
snapped brake line
broken reaset
bent clip-on
broken windscreen

Thats all I know of. We really haven't given it a through look through yet.
As long as your in one peice and that melon of yours is still working who cares man! Glad your ok.
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #31
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor
 
SCRC John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,747

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Steptoe View Post
Wow what a fun day. Congrats to all of my LMS buddies on all of our respectable finishes. Congrats also to everyone else out there who showed up to race and had a good time. I sure did. It was nice to see some old friends that I haven't seen in a while.

I ended my last race on a high note (no pun intended), as Buck mentioned. Only 2 turns from the finish line in my last race of the day I high-sided myself right into last place and off the 3rd place podium step I was holding in F1. I'm sore this morning, my feet are the worst of it. But they'll heal and I HOPE to be back out there racing this coming weekend at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with you guys.

Congrats Buck on a very entertaining battle in F40. You worked your of for that finish and it was well deserved! We were all pulling for ya from the stands the whole time. Unfortunately I missed your last race as I was lying out in the grass on the side of the track.

Allen C, man you were haulin' yesterday! And you did a 1:38 that race. When you passed me in the F1 race, I knew there was nothing I could do to catch you again. It's amazing to see first hand on the track how big of a difference 2 seconds a lap is. Nice riding. Congrats on the 1st place finishes. We're all proud of ya.

Alonzo you were moving! That battle we had for the entire race in C superbike was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time. At one point when you squeezed me out of the way going through the Carousel (I think you tried to run me off track!) I said out loud in my helmet "Nice job Alonzo". Congrats on your finishes.

Jason you did the deed as well with some respectable finishes considering where you started brotha. You rode hard and were faster than the majority of others in front of you at the end. Next time don't back off. Don't give them an inch. You were flying, homie.

And of course Larry Myers needs no introduction. He was kicking on a slow GSXR-600 and starting at the back of the field. You have to teach me how you do that man.

And last but not least, thanks to Amy Beasley and Henry M for reassuring my wife that I was OK while I was lying out there on the ground. She said she really appreciated it and I do too.

You and all of the LMS guys did great on the home court, way to represent. Do I hear a LMS Caravan for Hallett? I hope so. See you at TWS (Texas World Speedway).....hopefully, call me if you need anything.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #32
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,094


Bike(s):
:-(









Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
As long as your in one peice and that melon of yours is still working who cares man! Glad your ok.

BIG thanks to Suomy there! My head hit on both sides and I'm still alive and with no concussion.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #33
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Steptoe View Post
BIG thanks to Suomy there! My head hit on both sides and I'm still alive and with no concussion.
Please post some pics when you get a moment. Good gear FTW
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #34
Swift E
Senior Member
 
Swift E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 11,046

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675









Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Steptoe View Post
BIG thanks to Suomy there! My head hit on both sides and I'm still alive and with no concussion.
Holy Chit!
Good to hear your OK
__________________
obama1
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #35
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Glad you are ok Derek!


Congrats everyone!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #36
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,094


Bike(s):
:-(









Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
You and all of the LMS guys did great on the home court, way to represent. Do I hear a LMS Caravan for Hallett? I hope so. See you at TWS (Texas World Speedway).....hopefully, call me if you need anything.

John
Big thanks to you John for the tire support this weekend. Excellent service and support like always!
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #37
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!
 
Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,600

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Steptoe View Post
Wow what a fun day. Congrats to all of my LMS buddies on all of our respectable finishes. Congrats also to everyone else out there who showed up to race and had a good time. I sure did. It was nice to see some old friends that I haven't seen in a while.

I ended my last race on a high note (no pun intended), as Buck mentioned. Only 2 turns from the finish line in my last race of the day I high-sided myself right into last place and off the 3rd place podium step I was holding in F1. I'm sore this morning, my feet are the worst of it. But they'll heal and I HOPE to be back out there racing this coming weekend at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with you guys.

Congrats Buck on a very entertaining battle in F40. You worked your of for that finish and it was well deserved! We were all pulling for ya from the stands the whole time. Unfortunately I missed your last race as I was lying out in the grass on the side of the track.

Allen C, man you were haulin' yesterday! And you did a 1:38 that race. When you passed me in the F1 race, I knew there was nothing I could do to catch you again. It's amazing to see first hand on the track how big of a difference 2 seconds a lap is. Nice riding. Congrats on the 1st place finishes. We're all proud of ya.

Alonzo you were moving! That battle we had for the entire race in C superbike was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time. At one point when you squeezed me out of the way going through the Carousel (I think you tried to run me off track!) I said out loud in my helmet "Nice job Alonzo". Congrats on your finishes.

Jason you did the deed as well with some respectable finishes considering where you started brotha. You rode hard and were faster than the majority of others in front of you at the end. Next time don't back off. Don't give them an inch. You were flying, homie.

And of course Larry Myers needs no introduction. He was kicking on a slow GSXR-600 and starting at the back of the field. You have to teach me how you do that man.

And last but not least, thanks to Amy Beasley and Henry M for reassuring my wife that I was OK while I was lying out there on the ground. She said she really appreciated it and I do too.
I learned that one from you...something about shutting the door...J/K D great racing with ya yesterday...

truly a great weekend, The LMS crew did an amazing job yesterday...Bucks podium finish was icing on the cake. Allen was on a mission no doubt about that. 38's...how the heel am I going to catch him now...I've been trying to get Larry to teach me that for a while now, he won't come off the secret...
__________________
16iseox

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 07-07-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #38
Thermalser
Senior Member
 
Thermalser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,085


Bike(s):
FZ1, GSXR 750






I caught a few of the Sprints before lunch. Good stuff!

Congrats guys!
__________________
Stuart
Dimension Capital Advisors
Thermalser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #39
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!
 
Whoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,330

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
The LMS crew did an amazing job yesterday...Bucks podium finish was icing on the cake. Allen was on a mission no doubt about that. 38's...how the heel am I going to catch him now...I've been trying to get Larry to teach me that for a while now, he won't come off the secret...

PIRELLI DIABLO SUPERCORSA
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #40
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












PICS or BAN!!!!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy