MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #61
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
funny how u about them... but how many miles do u have on this bike & how have u treated the bike for that period of time ? i never once heard anyone ask that.

i got another question... is the oil pump in a gsxr motor chain drivin ?
there is only 7,000 Miles on it and I can promise you they are not that hard. I hardly ride because I am always traveling due to my job. and its my first bike so im still scared of it. the bike is in perfect condition except for the motor not a scratch on it. So I am not the problem but hey nice try.
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You let me down stubbs darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-18-2013 06:42 PM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2010 11:45 AM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-02-2010 10:57 AM
stubbs NO MORE F4I General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 05-19-2007 09:56 PM
Stubbs 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2007 09:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #62
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
there is only 7,000 Miles on it and I can promise you they are not that hard. I hardly ride because I am always traveling due to my job. and its my first bike so im still scared of it. the bike is in perfect condition except for the motor not a scratch on it. So I am not the problem but hey nice try.
just askin. didnt know if u where the next great white stunter like our boy clayton here but u still didnt answer my question about the oil pump... chain driven. YES or NO ?
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #63
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









Truefully i dint know but I think its chain driven
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #64
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









I just left stubbs again and the bike is in peices and me and Dell went through the hole motor with the service manual and everything is in spec. but when they put it together there is a noise comming fro the lower end but there is nothing that shows any wear or anything that is wrong Stubbs and I are at a loss. nothing has any wear on it the body still has all the crosshairs from the factory. I cant beleive it. So now we have to wait for suzuki to give him an Idea or tell him what to do cause he has done everything within his will power.
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #65
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
I just left stubbs again and the bike is in peices and me and Dell went through the hole motor with the service manual and everything is in spec. but when they put it together there is a noise comming fro the lower end but there is nothing that shows any wear or anything that is wrong Stubbs and I are at a loss. nothing has any wear on it the body still has all the crosshairs from the factory. I cant beleive it. So now we have to wait for suzuki to give him an Idea or tell him what to do cause he has done everything within his will power.

MAN I HATE THAT.......Thats the same I have been going through on mine for the last 3 months... Except I built the motor and I pulled it back out and apart 3 times.... Sucks.... Good luck my friend....I hope they find something. Have them check the cam chain tensioner real well for the ticking....(not the bottom end noise obviously but maybe the top)

Not sure if that motor has a counter balancer in it or not but if it does, make sure its adjusted exactly per the manual because if it gets off, it will rumble the bottom end and sound like a rod knock but its really not. This is common on busas.....not sure on the sixxers.
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #66
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









someone had said something about the ticking noise coming from the spark plug would it tick from the spark plug when the bike is deceling?
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #67
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
someone had said something about the ticking noise coming from the spark plug would it tick from the spark plug when the bike is deceling?


I doubt you would hear the spark plugs arcing when going down the road but ticking noises on decel is almost always a cam tension adjuster. If the adjust is not holding the chain tight enough, on decel, the back run of the chain will be loose and it will rattle the chain/guides. Eventually if it gets really bad, the chain will jump a tooth on either of the cams and result in a bent valves. I would definetly have them check or even replace the tensioner now since you mentioned its noisy on decel. I thought your ticking was at idle and lower rpms under throttle.
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #68
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









the cam chain and the tensioner as well as the chain guides have all been replaced
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #69
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
Truefully i dint know but I think its chain driven
well my 06 1000rr makes a ticking sounds in the bottom of the motor at idle. i first thought it might be a rod bearing goin out. it was predominantly coming from the rightside of the motor where the clutch is. so i pulled off the clutch cover to see if anything was loose or outta place in there. i noticed that the chain that drives the oil pump just behind the clutch basket seemed to have slack in it. so i grabbed the mechanics up there at the Honda shop i was doin this at and they told me that was normal. that all the 1000rr's were like that. so i put it all back together and figured the next trackday i would find out if it was a rod bearing or not... just hopefully not while i was diving in to turn one . once i was at the track i told an old racer buddy of mine about the noise. he then showed me a trick u can do to see if a rod bearing is goin out or not. put the bike up on the rear stand and crank the motor up. hold a towel over the exhaust with ur hand while u rev the bike. if it still ticks, more than likely its a rod bearing. u can also do the same test by putting it in gear and standing on the rear brake while reving the motor. once again, my bike didnt make a tick. instead it sounded as smooth as a sewing machine. which i then said sweet ! and flogged it out the rest of the day with no worrys. so i guess it was just that oil pump chain that was makin the noise when idling all along. i now have 4 trackdays on it since then and everything seems to be runnin good as usual.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #70
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
nice!1 ^^^ good to remember that one.
__________________
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #71
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
well my 06 1000rr makes a ticking sounds in the bottom of the motor at idle. i first thought it might be a rod bearing goin out. it was predominantly coming from the rightside of the motor where the clutch is. so i pulled off the clutch cover to see if anything was loose or outta place in there. i noticed that the chain that drives the oil pump just behind the clutch basket seemed to have slack in it. so i grabbed the mechanics up there at the Honda shop i was doin this at and they told me that was normal. that all the 1000rr's were like that. so i put it all back together and figured the next trackday i would find out if it was a rod bearing or not... just hopefully not while i was diving in to turn one . once i was at the track i told an old racer buddy of mine about the noise. he then showed me a trick u can do to see if a rod bearing is goin out or not. put the bike up on the rear stand and crank the motor up. hold a towel over the exhaust with ur hand while u rev the bike. if it still ticks, more than likely its a rod bearing. u can also do the same test by putting it in gear and standing on the rear brake while reving the motor. once again, my bike didnt make a tick. instead it sounded as smooth as a sewing machine. which i then said sweet ! and flogged it out the rest of the day with no worrys. so i guess it was just that oil pump chain that was makin the noise when idling all along. i now have 4 trackdays on it since then and everything seems to be runnin good as usual.



That is somethiing to take a look at thanks. I will pass it on to stubbs. Thanks again
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #72
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis
 
Zapata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Katy/Conroe
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge



Member Garage


Is this the same Dell Gauthreaux tha used to work at Polaris West in Katy in the earlier 2000's...???
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #73
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
Is this the same Dell Gauthreaux tha used to work at Polaris West in Katy in the earlier 2000's...???


Its the same last name so I would guess yes. why?
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #74
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis
 
Zapata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Katy/Conroe
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
Its the same last name so I would guess yes. why?

He help me with some stuff and I help him with his laptop, me and my wife went to his place to meet her new born baby girl. He and all his family seem to be very nice. The they moved to Louisiana. Not sure if it will be the same guy.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #75
MudBug
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Most northern tip of the southside
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,878

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250



Member Garage





User is banned

.
MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #76
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
Is there a lemon law on bikes like there is on cars?

Yes there is but they actually have to give me the bike for the third time. So we will see
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #77
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









okay I just got back from stubbs again and Dell and I have came to the conclusion that if the motor is still in spec. that suzuki will not replace the motor. So I had told him to put the bike together and give it to me and I will ride it for 2 months and within the 2 months is should get worse or show some kind of wear inside the motor, and if it does put marks in the motor or wears in a spot we will know or at least have a better idea of what is wrong. He also said that they will still honor the waranty and give documents stateing that they will still cover the bike under warranty no matter what. And I asked him if he would talk to his reginal manager and see if he will work me a deal on a new bike. I wanted to post this and see what yall think about it cause if I leave it with them there is no telling how long it will take to find the problem, and when I get it back I may be able to get the bike to Patrick and see what he thinks. So is this a good or a bad Idea? Please respond Thanks..
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #78
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









well do yall think that a good or bad idea?


Read the post above
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #79
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis
 
Zapata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Katy/Conroe
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 2,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
well do yall think that a good or bad idea?


Read the post above

I think is a good idea..!!! The next two months ride it hard...!!!! If something breaks bad it will be under warranty.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #80
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 173


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600









well does any one else have any suggestions?
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy