MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #41
YZFracer212

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play

Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
I am a tech at the telephone store, and I will promise you they want that bike out as bad as you. If Adam has not fixed the bike yet he has not got paid. I have had a couple bikes that took me forever to figure out the problem. Had to wait on witherspoon to come test ride look over and approve on each step. It is not going to be a head gasket because that will be replaced every time you putt the head off. We are human we do not know everything, if we have never seen the problem before we have to figure it out.
YZFracer212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You let me down stubbs darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-18-2013 06:42 PM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2010 11:45 AM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-02-2010 10:57 AM
stubbs NO MORE F4I General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 05-19-2007 09:56 PM
Stubbs 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2007 09:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #42
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

I can understand it takeing a while I am a feild service tech and I know it is hard to find the solution when you have never seen the problem. but to I can not see it takeing them three different times to fix the leak, and the ticking noise and if it wasnt fixed right the first or the secound time they shouldnt of given me the bike back. Right? and if the bike keeps haveing the same problem it wasnt ever fixed correctly.
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #43
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Finally Stubbs has both cams and the gaskets once again they are saying they will call me in a coulple hours and I can come pick up the bike

Last edited by Harveyjl2; 07-08-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: I cant spell sorry
Old 07-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #44
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Good Luck man.. hope they fixed it...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #45
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Well....what is the outcome?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:31 AM   #46
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

does it go Potato, Potato, Potato?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #47
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
Well everyone else I have told is telling me to take it to stubbs on telephone. Do yall know wnaything about that one?
i know the GM there. he's a good cat....

where is this ticking sound coming from ? head ? bottom end ?

Last edited by jodyhudson; 07-09-2008 at 06:57 AM.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #48
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
Unfortunately, from their perspective, they are likely working a diag case w suzuki which means a slow post-by-post response as they are told to do one thing then another. Its never fun for a customer, nor for the technician to go through since it is burning his time too
i have seen the same with Kawasaki. If Stubbs is dealing with Suzukui tech support it can be SLOOOOW. I would think at this point they better be though. Best of luck though, it sucks to have to wait, but I know the dealer I work for often has a 2-4 week wait unless you have bought a service contract with them,they are just that backed up all teh time.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #49
STUNTJUNKIE3
Banned

Bike(s):
2003 f4i

User is banned

STUNTJUNKIE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #50
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Not defending anyone.....but I do know that sometimes these "ticks" are hard to find. I built the motor in my bike and started it up, and after it got hot, it had a "tick". I spent 2 months trying to figure it out. I pulled the motor out twice and had the head off 3 times. Measured everything, set the valve clearance at 3 different specs hoping the noise would go away. Pulled all the springs/retainers/seats etc.....Sent the head to the shop etc....I did EVERYTHING. After reassembling it for the last time, I started it up and after about 7-8 mins of idling, it would start ticking. I SWORE it was on the #1 or #2 cyl, exhaust side..... Finally I gave up and took it to a speed shop in Lake Charles La. THEY pulled the motor, went through everything, found nothing wrong anywhere. They did decide to change the cam chain(eventhough I just changed it) and they fired it up last week and supposedly the noise is gone. I haven't heard it personally yet but they say it sounds quiet. He felt the brand new oem cam chain I put in had a bad link or pin in it and thats what was making the noise. Eventhough the camchain is on the right and the noise on the left, he says it echos under the valve cover.

Not sure I believe all of this but....I guess I will find out in a few weeks when I pick it up.

Sometimes, you have to go to extremes to fix stupid sh*t. I hope my bike fixed from the cursed "tick", hopefully they will figure yours out.

If it ticks when cold, it usually is an exhaust leak. My 1000 does this VERY slightly when cold, its the lightest possible tick you can hear but it does do it. Thats with a brand new akro exhaust system and new header gaskets..... After 5-10 mins of idling, its quiet as a sewing machine. I just don't worry about it. Not sure if its exhaust or not but.....

If its ticking when cold, I don't worry about em, ticking when its at operating temp, you got problems.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #51
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I have had the exhaust tick and also a sparkplug was ticking once. It backed out and was loose in the head. That one took a while to find.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #52
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Bike is still not done I am waiting here at stubbs to talk to Dell but here is a email that I got from him today.

Hey Josh,

I received the head gasket yesterday afternoon and had the tech on it by mid afternoon. He got the motor in around 5:30 last night and had it running around 6. The tick in the head was around a normal sound, but there was a strange lower end tick, which we either never noticed because of the loud tick or it was not there. I showed up this morning and pulled the drain pain and found a small amount of copper in the pan which is leading me to believe that a bearing has either spun or is coming apart. Adam pulled the motor and we have both been going over this motor with a fine tooth comb and have yet to find anything that has lost any metal. I already sent an email to Suzuki and Witherspoon about this expressing that I see no options other than a new motor. I will be happy to show you the internals of this motor to show you the lack of evidence other than the little bit and I mean a “little bit” of metal on the pan. I am going to be looking this thing over as long as it takes to find what it could be so feel free to come up and take a look at it.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #53
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

Wow. a new motor now!!!
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #54
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGixxer View Post
Wow. a new motor now!!!
Yeah I will beleive it when I see it. Ohhh And they broke my Fuken mirror. I am smooth the f*&^$ off
Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #55
rhenriksen

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

I know it's really aggravating to have your bike out of commission for so long; but to be honest, I think all the emails you've posted from Stubbs makes me think they're a GOOD operation. I mean, - assuming they're not himself & perfect, they seem pretty sincere & invested in achieving a good outcome.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #56
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNTJUNKIE3 View Post
O YEA F##K STUBB SW..YOU BETTER OFF BUYING A BIKE OFF THE STREET OR BUYING A SALVAGE BIKE...EITHER WAY IF ITS NOT NEW YOUR GONNA BE BUYING PARTS
fkin nooobs

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #57
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
I know it's really aggravating to have your bike out of commission for so long; but to be honest, I think all the emails you've posted from Stubbs makes me think they're a GOOD operation. I mean, - assuming they're not himself & perfect, they seem pretty sincere & invested in achieving a good outcome.
I too have heard good things, I personally know some of the guys there via powdercoating for them, they all seem to be stand up folks with good intentions.
things do happen and always not for our liking, but it seems as if they are really trying hard for you, doesnt seem like feet dragging at all.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #58
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
I too have heard good things, I personally know some of the guys there via powdercoating for them, they all seem to be stand up folks with good intentions.
things do happen and always not for our liking, but it seems as if they are really trying hard for you, doesnt seem like feet dragging at all.

and they are trying to get it resolved but this is the 3rd time they have tried to fix it. and if it wasnt fixed the first time they should of never given the bike back like the first time. So the way I see it is either 1. the bike was never fixed correctly the first two times it was in there and that is why there is copper shavings in the oil and the ticking was so loud. or 2. there is something in the motor that is not in spec in the motor.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #59
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
and they are trying to get it resolved but this is the 3rd time they have tried to fix it. and if it wasnt fixed the first time they should of never given the bike back like the first time. So the way I see it is either 1. the bike was never fixed correctly the first two times it was in there and that is why there is copper shavings in the oil and the ticking was so loud. or 2. there is something in the motor that is not in spec in the motor.
Maybe the "tick" was a spun rod bearing the whole time...sometimes it takes while before they start making real noise, that would explain why they kept replacing top end components and the noise was still there, now there is copper in the oil and the noise is louder. Usually a rod bearing will result in a rod knock which almost sounds like hitting a 2x4 with the plastic handle of a screwdriver but sometimes it takes a while to get it that loud but once it starts, it gets worse QUICK.

I would pressure the Factory Rep for a new motor. Sounds like Stubbs is doing what they can to figure it out. The rep is gonna try to "rebuild" it and there is a LOT of room for error there. If the bike is still under warranty, I would really try to get a new motor out of them. Claim lemon law or something.....

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #60
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
funny how u about them... but how many miles do u have on this bike & how have u treated the bike for that period of time ? i never once heard anyone ask that.

i got another question... is the oil pump in a gsxr motor chain drivin ?
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement