Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #21
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

yeah I tried to see if I could take it to patrick and he can not do warrenty work. otherwise I would of gave it to him. Does anyone know anything about the lemon law?
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You let me down stubbs darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-18-2013 06:42 PM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2010 11:45 AM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-02-2010 10:57 AM
stubbs NO MORE F4I General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 05-19-2007 09:56 PM
Stubbs 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2007 09:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #22
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I am trying to put myself in your shoes. I think I would be more about them tearing the bike apart and replacing this and that on more than one occassion. I think they are genuinely trying to solve your issue. But if it were me, I think I would just want a completely new bike. Just my .02.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #23
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I am trying to put myself in your shoes. I think I would be more about them tearing the bike apart and replacing this and that on more than one occassion. I think they are genuinely trying to solve your issue. But if it were me, I think I would just want a completely new bike. Just my .02.

Thank you CDILL that is what I told them. I wanted but they just kinda blew me off on that idea but I was wondering if I could go the lemon law route, what do yall think?
Old 07-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #24
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

At bare minimum, try to get them to give you an extended warranty.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #25
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

I have one till 2012
Old 07-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #26
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Unfortunately, from their perspective, they are likely working a diag case w suzuki which means a slow post-by-post response as they are told to do one thing then another. Its never fun for a customer, nor for the technician to go through since it is burning his time too
Old 07-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #27
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

I have been talking to Dell Gauthreaux the service manager and the only person he has been through Diag is Mr. Witherspoon witch is there Regional manager and the technician and out of all 3 none of them really know what is wrong the only thing they havent replaced are the cams witch. were suppost to be put in saturday. and they never got put in because they never got the gaskets in
Old 07-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #28
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

I looked up Stubbs 59 on Better Business Bureau and found the owners email address and here is what I wrote him. let me know what yall think.

Mr. Jerry Sutton,

I do not know if you are the current owner of Stubbs 59, since they merged with Richmond Suzuki, but I am having a huge problem with the store. My 2006 Suzuki GSX-R600, has seen Stubbs 3 different times for the same problem, Now I still do not have my bike back from this last time but my bike was dropped off back in April. (April 27, 2008 to be exact) and they still can not resolve the problem, we are now waiting on some cams and gaskets that were promised to me, in an email from Dell Gauthreaux on June 27, 2008. That my bike would be back in my hands on July 5, 2008, and on July 5, 2008 I called and left a message at his desk on his voice mail, called again an hour later and left a message with the service department and then sent him a email asking him if my bike would be ready. I never got a reply. I can’t see how one dealership can have a bike since April 27, 2008 and still not be for sure what the problem is. Nor can I see why a bike would have to see the same dealership 3 times for the same problem. Now the previous times the bike was turned around rather quickly but it’s apparent that it was not fixed correctly. I am contacting Suzuki America about this problem cause I can not see Suzuki wanting to have there name established at such a dealership, with such horrible service.

Thank you for your time,
Joshua Harvey
Old 07-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #29
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

An upset customer can go along way w a business so long as they are willing to bend. My dealership, the advisors wear flexible waistbands so they are easier to pull down and bend over for customers. A ranting customer gets far with us.

No offense to them, but unless there's a flat spot somehow on a cam, how is it going to tick?

Was the tapping once per revolution of the engine or did it sound like it was half speed of the engine?
Old 07-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #30
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
An upset customer can go along way w a business so long as they are willing to bend. My dealership, the advisors wear flexible waistbands so they are easier to pull down and bend over for customers. A ranting customer gets far with us.

No offense to them, but unless there's a flat spot somehow on a cam, how is it going to tick?

Was the tapping once per revolution of the engine or did it sound like it was half speed of the engine?
Honestly I dont know but I would say half the speed of the engine but the ticking would go away after a hour or so of rideing but it was getting worse and it was getting to the point that after 3 hours of rideing it would still tick
Old 07-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #31
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
I looked up Stubbs 59 on Better Business Bureau and found the owners email address and here is what I wrote him. let me know what yall think.

Mr. Jerry Sutton,

I do not know if you are the current owner of Stubbs 59, since they merged with Richmond Suzuki, but I am having a huge problem with the store. My 2006 Suzuki GSX-R600, has seen Stubbs 3 different times for the same problem, Now I still do not have my bike back from this last time but my bike was dropped off back in April. (April 27, 2008 to be exact) and they still can not resolve the problem, we are now waiting on some cams and gaskets that were promised to me, in an email from Dell Gauthreaux on June 27, 2008. That my bike would be back in my hands on July 5, 2008, and on July 5, 2008 I called and left a message at his desk on his voice mail, called again an hour later and left a message with the service department and then sent him a email asking him if my bike would be ready. I never got a reply. I canít see how one dealership can have a bike since April 27, 2008 and still not be for sure what the problem is. Nor can I see why a bike would have to see the same dealership 3 times for the same problem. Now the previous times the bike was turned around rather quickly but itís apparent that it was not fixed correctly. I am contacting Suzuki America about this problem cause I can not see Suzuki wanting to have there name established at such a dealership, with such horrible service.

Thank you for your time,
Joshua Harvey
If you haven't sent that email yet, have someone proof read it for you. Well written, just some grammatical errors. Letters of that nature, I believe, should be grammatically correct.

No offense.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #32
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

yeah I suck at that kind of stuff. I sent it to my uncle to go over it for me so he can fix it. Thanks tho
Old 07-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #33
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

The camshafts and head assemblies work at half the speed of the engine, since there are four strokes to the engine, there are two revelutions of the crank while the camshafts turn once...

Lifters need oil and can lose oil if bad; making noises on start up but usually go away fairly easy... But then again I bike usually has shims... I've even found a sparkplug coming apart and bouncing up and down as the engine ran; still sparked, but moved... Found it by cranking engine while listening for the noise.

Its not fair for the customer; but it sounds like they have the head off and checked valve springs(spring rate? unsprung length?) and are working w the technical support... Even after getting an approval it takes a few days or longer to get parts in... Either way I hope it works out for you...

I work on BMWs(cars) as a master tech; if I can help w any way lemme know
Old 07-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #34
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
The camshafts and head assemblies work at half the speed of the engine, since there are four strokes to the engine, there are two revelutions of the crank while the camshafts turn once...

Lifters need oil and can lose oil if bad; making noises on start up but usually go away fairly easy... But then again I bike usually has shims... I've even found a sparkplug coming apart and bouncing up and down as the engine ran; still sparked, but moved... Found it by cranking engine while listening for the noise.

Its not fair for the customer; but it sounds like they have the head off and checked valve springs(spring rate? unsprung length?) and are working w the technical support... Even after getting an approval it takes a few days or longer to get parts in... Either way I hope it works out for you...

I work on BMWs(cars) as a master tech; if I can help w any way lemme know

Yes they have replaced the whole valve train and the noise was even louder than before thats why they beleive its the cam
Old 07-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #35
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

How long ago did you get it from them? can they offer you a loaner bike?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #36
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

I gave them the bike on April 27. and I didnt know that they would or could offer a loaner bike
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #37
bignissan

Bike(s):
09 Harley Sportster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
Honestly I dont know but I would say half the speed of the engine but the ticking would go away after a hour or so of rideing but it was getting worse and it was getting to the point that after 3 hours of rideing it would still tick
That really sounds like a header gasket...obviously I can't listen to the bike. However, with the tick going away it makes sense. The gaskets/headers heat up with riding which seals the leak. Once the bike cools down, the leak spots open up again. It's very common on cars...

Good luck getting it resolved.
bignissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #38
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500

Quote:
How long ago did you get it from them? can they offer you a loaner bike?
Its not a BMW, i dont think loaner bikes exist.. no offense to you, my sis just got an 08' M3 and its SIIIIIICK!!

anyway.. good luck with the bike. oh and personally i think BBB is B-B-B-BULLSHIT

Last edited by sixerSLYGUY; 07-06-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: BBB rant
sixerSLYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #39
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignissan View Post
That really sounds like a header gasket...obviously I can't listen to the bike. However, with the tick going away it makes sense. The gaskets/headers heat up with riding which seals the leak. Once the bike cools down, the leak spots open up again. It's very common on cars...

Good luck getting it resolved.

it leaks from behind the water pump
Old 07-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #40
sixerSLYGUY
ChuckR1's

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
06' R6 track
79' SR500