MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

DO NOT GO TO STUBBS 59

Okay guys DO NOT go to stubbs. last year my GSXR started leaking oil bad from behind the water pump on a sunday morning ride. and one of the old members here at SBM worked at stubbs that was on the sunday morning ride with us said he would pick it up from my house and take it to the shop. witch was great for me since it was under warranty and I didnt have to find a way to get it to a shop. well they got it fixed within 2 days. but then they said gave me my bike back and 2 months later I got a call from them and they said that the bike needed a cam chain tensioner and that they had ordered the part and it was in, First off if the bike was not fixed and fixed correctly they should not have given me the bike first. but I took it back and they put the cam chain tensioner in and had it back to me the next day. well in march 2008 I had taken my bike to Javi to have the oil changed and he said it was leaking oil and he cleaned were he thought it was leaking and told me to watch it so I went home and parked it and put a white peice of paper under it and sure enough a couple weeks later there was a oil spot on the paper. so on April 27, 2008 I took it back up to stubbs since they were the original ones to fix the problem. oh and when I got my bike back from them the secound time the bike developed a ticking noise when I first started it but it would go away after 30 min. or so. stubbs said it was no big deal. But here we are july 2,2008 and they can not fix the ticking noise and now they are just replaceing parts to just replace them hopeing that it will fix the ticking noise. I am so at suzuki and stubbs. I dont want anyone to be without there bike for this long, and have such shity service. So DO NOT go there just a heads up for everyone.
Harveyjl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You let me down stubbs darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-18-2013 06:42 PM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2010 11:45 AM
Friday, 3-5, Daytona 200 Viewing Party @ Stubbs 59 Stephen Porter Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-02-2010 10:57 AM
stubbs NO MORE F4I General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 05-19-2007 09:56 PM
Stubbs 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2007 09:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

here are some of the emails that were sent between me and I guess the service manager. go to the botom and read from the bottom to the top let me know what yall think

Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 7:12 PM
To: Harvey, Joshua
Subject: RE: GSXR

I have ordered some cams and am going to have this thing out for you this coming week. I have replaced everything else in that valve train. I know some GSXR”S tick louder than others, but yours ticks louder than most. I will have you back on the road this coming week. The ticking does not worry me as much as the loss of power that was stated when you dropped it off. I don’t want you out there on a bike that does not have the power it is supposed to have. If the two are symptoms are unrelated, then I am chasing a ghost but I think they are. I will know early next week. I will let you know as soon as they put those parts on my desk and keep you up to date on it.

dell

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:24 PM
To: Dell Gauthreaux

Dell, this is what I can tell you the bike has made the ticking noise since Stubbs first tried to fix the leak and it goes away after 30 min of riding, I don’t think it would be collapsing under harmonics, and it quits ticking after rideing for 30 min. so it only does it when its cold not when it heats up, like Witherspoon had told you in the email before, but I do know this, the Texas law is that if the dealer can not resolve the issue within 3 times it is considered a Lemon, and basically that is what I am seeing, so far no one, knows what the problem is and no one can figure it out. I am tired of dealing with this Suzuki needs to figure something out I have been 2 months with out this bike witch saves me a lot of money in gas, as my main transportation and, it does me no good for it to sit in your shop, with no one knowing what is wrong. I do the same kind of work except mine is in the oil field, and if I left a customer down for more than 3 days I would be fires and I know the bike is not near the importance as an oil rig but me and my company would make it right.

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:13 PM

Hey Josh,

Sorry about the delay in response, I just got back from Baton Rouge. Called David and spoke to him about the issues again. We did not find any springs showing a sign of damage or that were out of free length. All the buckets were fine. I know this is frustrating on you, and I hate having situations like this occur and I am trying to remedy this as fast as I can.

Dell

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:35 AM
To: Dell Gauthreaux

What did you find wrong with the bike

Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 6:33 AM
Subject: GSXR

Hey Josh,

I spoke with Witherspoon last night, and he told me that they believe that you have a valve spring that is collapsing under harmonics. Meaning that, when the valve train is running at speed, the spring that is weak starts to heat up, it looses its ability to return fast enough to keep the valve in tune with the others. This could cause the ticking noise. Adam is going back in today to measure all the valve springs for free length to see if any one of them is out of spec.

Dell
Old 07-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

and I still do not have the bike and it was promised to be given back to me by Dell the service by today and guess what I still dont have it.

And Yes I was the one that posted STUBBS the best in south west. a long time ago and I wanted to say I was sorry to all of the guys and galls I got into it with.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
i bought my new bike there, got a deal on it tho thats the only reason i bought it there

i have story after story about that place, all bad
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
Gringo3825

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600 sold!!!!
09 Buell XB1200Scg

I'm surprised you got your bike in a couple days. It took them a month to change my stator. I'll never go there again. There service dept sucks A$$. Had a whole thread on how they suck.
Gringo3825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

mayn you aint tellin anything new, sorry your gettin screwed but i know alot of people who got treeated bad myself included.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Well everyone else I have told is telling me to take it to stubbs on telephone. Do yall know wnaything about that one?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #8
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

dont know bout the sales but service is good at telephone location
Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
Well everyone else I have told is telling me to take it to stubbs on telephone. Do yall know wnaything about that one?
it took stubbs telephone 2 weeks to change a temperature sensor on my rc51. when I got it back I had to go back into the bike and tighten the intake manifold boots to get them to stop leaking.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

I just need someone to get the rid of the ticking noise and give me my bike back. I dont think thats asking a whole lot but appearently that is to muuch for stubbs 59 to handel
Old 07-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

THe stubbs at Telephone road is awesome. In fact im getting ready to start there for my new job next week. I cant stand to deal with stubbs SW tho, so i understand your frustration.
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #12
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I bet the ticking noise is coming from a leaky header gasket lol. I can almost bet on that. Anywho, I think that they are trying to find the issue. They seem sincere in their emails to me. I think you are just upset at the fact that you don't have your bike back. But one thing that you need to understand is that the bike is under warranty. So that means a Suzuki Rep has to come out each time to auth. any repair work. That takes time. They usually only come once a week or so. I would call Suzuki and file a complaint with them. That usually gets things moving.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #13
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I bet the ticking noise is coming from a leaky header gasket lol. I can almost bet on that. Anywho, I think that they are trying to find the issue. They seem sincere in their emails to me. I think you are just upset at the fact that you don't have your bike back. But one thing that you need to understand is that the bike is under warranty. So that means a Suzuki Rep has to come out each time to auth. any repair work. That takes time. They usually only come once a week or so. I would call Suzuki and file a complaint with them. That usually gets things moving.
I have already done that about a month ago. and it still has not moved anything any faster. they told me they dont know what is wrong and now they are replaceing the cams just because they dont know what is wrong
Old 07-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

bbb?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

what does bbb? mean
Old 07-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

oh I need to get updated on all of the abreviations
Old 07-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #18
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Why BBB, though? I'm with bdmpastx on this (based on the emails) and the fact that they are trying to figure out the problem, getting their mechanics to put hours into figuring it out. I'm sure they want to turn the bike back just as quickly as possible if they're indeed backed up on work loads.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

with warranty work, they should be doing the work and billing the mfg for the time and parts. they are probably dragging their feet. take it to Patrick.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #20
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Patrick cannot do warranty work...not for OEM anyways.

Advertisement