MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #81
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz2866 View Post
dvlracer is cool, we talked some and agree, as i previously state i could not go anywere, i was trapped, if you can sit there and say you have never been trapped in and could not go anywere then you have not rode long enough or have just gotton lucky, i could not even lane split as i tried, i was pretty much fighting for my life i think i tried everything to get out of the situation first before i went for the sockets, my life is more valuable then messing his pos truck up..... thanks for all the info and i know lethal force is not justified in this situation and i didnt use it, i was just stating that cause i was upset(as i stated in a previous post). i didnt have a passenger... my fiance was in her car. and i could not pull over to the shoulder as there were cars pulled over all over the sides of the highway watching fireworks
We hear ya, bro. Yeah it get's frustrating in situations like this, but keep your cool and be sure to seperate what you feel like doing (throwing sockets at the *sshole), vs. actually following through and committing the act (not good).

If you think about it, there are many different variables that could have occured once you let go of that socket. Almost all of those variable are not good.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sweet lightning show downtown urbanXJ Off Topic 4 08-20-2015 12:42 PM
New Years fireworks show zerobounds Off Topic 2 12-31-2009 07:14 PM
Fireworks Show? SiG239 Off Topic 6 12-31-2008 05:17 PM
About Last nights Fireworks show jrock Off Topic 0 10-11-2006 01:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #82
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
We hear ya, bro. Yeah it get's frustrating in situations like this, but keep your cool and be sure to seperate what you feel like doing (throwing sockets at the *sshole), vs. actually following through and committing the act (not good).

If you think about it, there are many different variables that could have occured once you let go of that socket. Almost all of those variable are not good.
many variables vs only one option if he had to hit his brakes.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #83
maxmillian1
maxmillian1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R

OK you throw bb's, sockets and the guy on your is now mad as then what???
Old 07-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #84
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmillian1 View Post
OK you throw bb's, sockets and the guy on your is now mad as then what???
ok the guy has been inches from your rear tire despite your best efforts to get him to back off and YOURE mad as then what?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #85
Warpbender
warped and bent

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Road rage leads to death in SE Harris County

SUX!
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5873064.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rr.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	13240  

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #86
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
ok the guy has been inches from your rear tire despite your best efforts to get him to back off and YOURE mad as then what?
I start easing off with my foot on his bumper and we'll see whats up when we stop...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #87
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
many variables vs only one option if he had to hit his brakes.
What if he had to hit his brakes at the very moment he threw that socket, with his attention on the tailgater? That's a variable.

I'm just saying keep your cool, and focus on your objective, which is to get yourself out of the situation... not escalate it.

OK, you already know he's on your *ss. You can't control that. What you can control is staying alert to everything around you... including the cager in front of you, and beside you, and look for that escape route the moment it opens up. Once it opens, take the shot and get out of there. Obviously none of us were there, except for camaro, but you still need to think defensively and keep your cool.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #88
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
so let me see if i have all my ducks in a row.....you would take it upon yourself to break the law by first tailgating, and when the guy in front of you points at you telling you to back off, taps his brakes, does everything possible to get you to get off his , and you CONTINUE to break the law and endanger his life, you would therefore take it upon yourself to commit murder because simply because he wanted you to give him some space?

Exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't seem like any voice of reason I'd like to listen to. Maybe SBK Pilot missed that part when he said his was a mature POV.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #89
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go! Ninja Go! View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't seem like any voice of reason I'd like to listen to. Maybe SBK Pilot missed that part when he said his was a mature POV.
I'm not going to let you purposely harm me by throwing anything at me. Sure I may not actually run you down if the situation arises but I'm certainly not going to let you and your bike overpower me in my truck. Someone tailgating you is NOT trying to kill you, they are just tailgating you, it's also not their fault that you choose to ride a motorcycle instead of drive. Be defensive, avoid conflict, but if you start throwing sockets through my window...prepare for the worst.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #90
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

wow dvlracer chill wit always correcting peoples spelling errors. its just a forum. but camaro guy i feel for u it is scary to think one slip up and ur dead.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #91
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I'm not going to let you purposely harm me by throwing anything at me. Sure I may not actually run you down if the situation arises but I'm certainly not going to let you and your bike overpower me in my truck. Someone tailgating you is NOT trying to kill you, they are just tailgating you, it's also not their fault that you choose to ride a motorcycle instead of drive. Be defensive, avoid conflict, but if you start throwing sockets through my window...prepare for the worst.

You talk about cruel and unusual punishment for cracking a windshield when someone tailgates you, but somehow running someone over on a freeway for cracking your windshield seems justified in your opinion? What does the type of vehicle you choose to drive matter? If a dumptruck hits you in your S2K and ya get hurt should I laugh at your misfortune and go tell you to buy something bigger like an F-350?

For the record, I've never thrown anything at a car. I've been lucky enough to aviod anyone actually trying to eff with me on the road intentionally.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #92
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
What does the type of vehicle you choose to drive matter? If a dumptruck hits you in your S2K and ya get hurt should I laugh at your misfortune and go tell you to buy something bigger like an F-350?
If he was in a big truck and the truck came up behind him, would he have considered grabbing sockets off his floorboard to hurl out the window? Or "unloaded" on them with his gun?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 07-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #93
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

what kind of stupid logic is that? someone tailgating you has ever potential in the world to kill you. True they might not be trying to kill you but that doesn't mean their jackass driving habits won't do you in just the same. What is with the whole "not going to let you and your bike overpower me in my truck" statement? Are you really that competative on the road? That is EXACTLY what is wrong with drivers in houston. I have every right in the world to ride a legal motorcycle on the road and share it with cars, trucks and rigs.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #94
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
If he was in a big truck and the truck came up behind him, would he have considered grabbing sockets off his floorboard to hurl out the window? Or "unloaded" on them with his gun?

yes.... if the jerkoff was rubbing my bumper you damned straight. In fact I have been known to cram on my breaks after a few warning taps of the brake lights. I even have backed over a toyota pickup with my 1 ton for that chit.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #95
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
what kind of stupid logic is that? someone tailgating you has ever potential in the world to kill you. True they might not be trying to kill you but that doesn't mean their jackass driving habits won't do you in just the same. What is with the whole "not going to let you and your bike overpower me in my truck" statement? Are you really that competative on the road? That is EXACTLY what is wrong with drivers in houston. I have every right in the world to ride a legal motorcycle on the road and share it with cars, trucks and rigs.
Competitive? Not at all, I'm speaking of *you* trying to physically harm me by throwing things through my truck window, and me retaliating. Okay, I'll admit that yes it is hypocritical to say that throwing things at a vehicle is against the law and then say that I would take the law into my own hands by retaliating. Point taken. But first of all, I'm not going to tailgate a motorcycle, even when I'm tailgating a car and they are obviously frustrated by it I back off. I'm not going to let it escalate to the point where it becomes an issue BUT if someone throws things through my truck window we're going to have an issue. In all honestly, 99% likely that I would just pull over and call the police with your LP #.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #96
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
I've been lucky enough to aviod anyone actually trying to eff with me on the road intentionally.
Ride with me and you'll see

Had what I think was a coffee cup thrown at me
A wad of duct tape
Both of those were with me being in the passenger seat.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #97
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
yes.... if the jerkoff was rubbing my bumper you damned straight. In fact I have been known to cram on my breaks after a few warning taps of the brake lights. I even have backed over a toyota pickup with my 1 ton for that chit.
So you backed over a 1 ton Toyata for tailgating you and not backing off after you made it clear you were upset? You're awesome.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #98
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Competitive? Not at all, I'm speaking of *you* trying to physically harm me by throwing things through my truck window, and me retaliating. Okay, I'll admit that yes it is hypocritical to say that throwing things at a vehicle is against the law and then say that I would take the law into my own hands by retaliating. Point taken. But first of all, I'm not going to tailgate a motorcycle, even when I'm tailgating a car and they are obviously frustrated by it I back off. I'm not going to let it escalate to the point where it becomes an issue BUT if someone throws things through my truck window we're going to have an issue. In all honestly, 99% likely that I would just pull over and call the police with your LP #.

that is the difference though. YOU would back off.... those peeps out there that purposely mess with motorcyclists(they are out there) don't back off. They get closer and don't respond to normal courses of action. I don't think anyone here is going to hurl stuff at joe blow that gets too close initially. He might get tossed at him after all other recourse has taken place.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #99
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
So you backed over a 1 ton Toyata for tailgating you and not backing off after you made it clear you were upset? You're awesome.
actually I got out and he was too chicken to get out of his truck, so after I made my way back to my truck he decided it would be funny to bump the of my 1 ton. So I then back up his truck for him. Funny thing is he still would not get out and throw down with me.... I guess he thought he was fixin to get his kicked.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #100
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
that is the difference though. YOU would back off.... those peeps out there that purposely mess with motorcyclists(they are out there) don't back off. They get closer and don't respond to normal courses of action. I don't think anyone here is going to hurl stuff at joe blow that gets too close initially. He might get tossed at him after all other recourse has taken place.
But even if he rides your for miles it is still NOT okay to throw stuff at people! I had a lady hit me in my truck when she was doing something completely stupid. I didn't get out of my truck and beat the out of her though, I called the cops and my insurance company.

Advertisement