MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #61
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

dvlracer is cool, we talked some and agree, as i previously state i could not go anywere, i was trapped, if you can sit there and say you have never been trapped in and could not go anywere then you have not rode long enough or have just gotton lucky, i could not even lane split as i tried, i was pretty much fighting for my life i think i tried everything to get out of the situation first before i went for the sockets, my life is more valuable then messing his pos truck up..... thanks for all the info and i know lethal force is not justified in this situation and i didnt use it, i was just stating that cause i was upset(as i stated in a previous post). i didnt have a passenger... my fiance was in her car. and i could not pull over to the shoulder as there were cars pulled over all over the sides of the highway watching fireworks
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sweet lightning show downtown urbanXJ Off Topic 4 08-20-2015 12:42 PM
New Years fireworks show zerobounds Off Topic 2 12-31-2009 07:14 PM
Fireworks Show? SiG239 Off Topic 6 12-31-2008 05:17 PM
About Last nights Fireworks show jrock Off Topic 0 10-11-2006 01:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #62
orangeapeel
One Liter Beater

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to orangeapeel Send a message via MSN to orangeapeel Send a message via Yahoo to orangeapeel
All I do is a progressive slow-down for tailgaters. Have never had it not work. If someone really wants to mess with you and or hurt you, they are probably going to go through with it. I can't really recall a single production car that your avg. American can go pick up that is going to flag down a bike with ease. Fact is there are more horses than horses in the world.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #63
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

my .02, i drive and ride in houston traffic everyday, on a normal bright day i would of been able to avoid that sit, alot easier, but at night on a holiday, with all honesty i would of probally of reached for something to not saying its right but but just keepin it real, hard to keep cool when you can litteraly touch the guys bumper,ive been in that situatuion before. but only in rush hour traffic, i would be alot more timid to do that at night when chances are the guy in the truck is drunk
Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #64
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
you know the only thing to do in this world now a days is to look out for number 1. (yourself) because no one will do it for you. (unless your married....) but speaking for the situation.

Houston's roads are terrible and i drive 59 north everyday and see a TON of stupid drivers. And a lot of them don't care about anyone else but themselves and where they need to be.

now if, myself personally was in his situation and he tried all he could by which he was stating then, yes i would of tried something to drastic to get the a-hole off my . but again trying everything else first didn't get the point of across to back off, (i.e. brake check, trying to get out of the lane, other cars not moving and no break down lane) then yes i would of tried to do something "drastic" to get my point across and get me the space i need to get away. that is all...
Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #65
90 5.0
frequent crasher

Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600

While we are ranting on the way back from the fireworks show in Kingwood last night some idiot cut between my truck and the car in the other lane almost clipping my bumper.

Riding like this is what gives sport bikes a bad name.

So Mohawk rider on the West Lake Houston bridge last night watch what you are doing.
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #66
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

and this is the reason I said about 10 times last night, anyone who rides their bike on a holiday where everyone is drinking is asking for trouble. I caged it last night.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #67
maxmillian1
maxmillian1

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R

Ok, I have a big question for everyone about your ride home. Do you think that you need a gun when riding ?? The reason that I ask this is that I have been thinking about this more and more after I was at a light near my home when a young punk got out of the car behind me and started walking up. The light was about to change and he got back in the car. I could not say for sure what he was doing, but it started me thinking about being a sitting duck at a light or gas station. (I own a lot of fire power but never thought that I need a CCW)
Old 07-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #68
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Well, I pretty much carry all the time, not just on the bike.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #69
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
that's a judgement call. people are starting to do more and more crazy things. there's a pro and cons to both answers.

yes for personal protection for you and your property.

no because it's not the safest way to carry.....
Old 07-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #70
maxmillian1
maxmillian1

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R

I really don't want to carry, But some times I feel naked out on the streets. knowing full well that I have enough fire power to level a small house safely locked up IN my house....
Old 07-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #71
maxmillian1
maxmillian1

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R

I won't let my wife go out in my truck with out.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #72
Warpbender
warped and bent

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz2866 View Post
so i met my fiance and her sister downtown for the fireworks show and then we headed back(me on my bike and her in her car) and on the way back on 59 a guy in a newish style chevy 1500 2dr ext cab black lowered with chrome rims decided to fly up on my and litteraly get ontop of me( i reached back at one point to point at him and i almost touched the truck) i reved it at him, i tapped the brakes and everything he wouldnt back off, i had no were to go as the car infront and side me werent going anywere, so i tried getting my sockets(i cary 6 sockets with me) out of my pocket and couldnt so i got around the car infront of me and got them out and he had seen me reaching for my pocket and he darted to the exit and when i exited the next exit with my girl that was furious and almost ramed the guy for tryin to kill me, he was gone, he must of made a turn right after exiting. i guess im glad i didnt have my gun with me cause i would of unloaded on him. ok thanks for reading my rant, hope everyone made it home safe!!!
Real sorry to hear you had a Fcuked up 4th man then to get on this board and have the rest of your night FCUKED UP by haters that don't care about you they just want to up there post count and stir it up, real sorry you were used that way.
Please don't believe everyone on here only cares for there cause.
There are peeps here that has each others back, you just need to figure out who!

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #73
Hamm

Bike(s):
2006 Katana 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
Fireworks show let out the same time my movie did last night

full gear, went to see ' in the City' alone... Only one other then Kit Kaboodle and I'm not seeing that one.

Anyways no matter which side a rode on people used the extra space in my lane to get behind me etc. So I started weaving at 5mph back and forth in the lane... scared them chitless... lady beside me kept honking thinkin I was going to drop my bike on her etc. I couldn't get around any of the traffic or through it. Was a mess. I was just trying to get to the salsa bar.
I wonder what this would look like at 60 mph?

hamm@motohouston.com
Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #74
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
So just to make sure I have all my ducks in a row, a truck was tailgating you on the highway. Instead of burning him you endangered your own life and those around you digging in your pocket for sockets, which I assume you planned to throw at him and potentially cause a wreck where he could be killed or kill someone else. If you did have your gun, you would have turned around and "unloaded" on him from your moving busa while on the highway with traffic around and infront of you?

Remind me not to ride with you
you really do get kicks out of putting people down, dont you?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #75
maxmillian1
maxmillian1

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R

Yo Hamm, do you ride and Carry?????
Old 07-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #76
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
If I tailgated you and you threw sockets through my window, I wouldn't be tailgating you anymore. My truck would go BADUMP as I ran over your bike.
so let me see if i have all my ducks in a row.....you would take it upon yourself to break the law by first tailgating, and when the guy in front of you points at you telling you to back off, taps his brakes, does everything possible to get you to get off his , and you CONTINUE to break the law and endanger his life, you would therefore take it upon yourself to commit murder because simply because he wanted you to give him some space?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #77
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
*People

I created the group "You People" to lump together all the people who think it is okay to throw things at cars because of everyday grievances encountered on public roadways. You and your 6 sockets seemed to fit the bill

Why do you think the guy was out to get you to begin with? Maybe you cut him off or tailgated him and he was just trying to get close enough to hurl some sockets at you, I doubt he was trying to murder you infront of all those witnesses.
kieth, im really not trying to bring you down, but i havent even made it through the first page of this thread and i see hypocracy in just about every post you made.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #78
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Then I don't give a t about what you just said

Throwing stuff at people on a public road is a BAD idea. Period. You cannot justify it, it's taking the law into your own hands and then violating the "No Cruel and Unusual Punishment" amendment.
dont you carry a gun?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #79
maxmillian1
maxmillian1

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R

Well do you???
Old 07-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #80
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Good morning, gents and DvlRacer. Nice to see DvlRacer making more friends overnight.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement