MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #41
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

info

they would go straight through the windshield, they wouldnt bounce off. what would of u done in my situation? this is rediculous you that disagree with how i handled it how about u explain how you would of handled it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
What would you have done if you had thrown the socket, and it hit someone else causing an accident killing someone, and possibly your girl friend? That's what I would like to know.

Last edited by camaroz2866; 07-05-2008 at 02:34 AM. Reason: forgot
camaroz2866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sweet lightning show downtown urbanXJ Off Topic 4 08-20-2015 12:42 PM
New Years fireworks show zerobounds Off Topic 2 12-31-2009 07:14 PM
Fireworks Show? SiG239 Off Topic 6 12-31-2008 05:17 PM
About Last nights Fireworks show jrock Off Topic 0 10-11-2006 01:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 02:36 AM   #42
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
: Come this is a forum ,although we can't condone illegal activities
(i.e.) throwing (foriegn objects...or projectiles ) the thought has crossed alot of peoples minds . Not saying it's the best thing to do , but someone riding on my would def. earn a special gift . I don't give a t was anyone else has to say about this .
Old 07-05-2008, 02:36 AM   #43
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
: Come this is a forum ,although we can't condone illegal activities
(i.e.) throwing (foriegn objects...or projectiles ) the thought has crossed alot of peoples minds . Not saying it's the best thing to do , but someone riding on my would def. earn a special gift . I don't give a t was anyone else has to say about this .
Then I don't give a t about what you just said

Throwing stuff at people on a public road is a BAD idea. Period. You cannot justify it, it's taking the law into your own hands and then violating the "No Cruel and Unusual Punishment" amendment.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #44
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Then I don't give a t about what you just said
Old 07-05-2008, 03:29 AM   #45
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

i dont know why anyone post anything on this forum.....
Old 07-05-2008, 05:05 AM   #46
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87

Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
fk that, if i feel my life is in danger, i will take that nxt step. Justified.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #47
TrevorC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
i dont know why anyone post anything on this forum.....
i know right, dvlracer will just come in and give his unwanted advice as usual as I've seen throughout many threads.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #48
Hamm

Bike(s):
2006 Katana 600

Well... All I know is that I was in the same situation on my way to work last night. It was the most uncomfortable situation I had been in in a while. Somebody in a truck just would not give me room to breathe and I was trapped in the fast lane going nowhere fast enough....

The situation does make you want to take drastic steps... I was basicly riding my brake flashing my lights and the truck just kept getting closer... I could not turn around because I was too close to the car in front of me and I did not have the emergency lane to my left. I can't image throwing anything at the truck, but I do understand the feeling...

Atleast you had help getting out of your situation...

hamm@motohouston.com

Last edited by Hamm; 07-05-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #49
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

dvlracer is actually representing a mature pov...

on a motorcycle and had no where to go NEVER go in the same sentence...

10 times out 10 a car will win vs sockets...

if you would have had a gun and shot him - you'd be up on murder charges plain and simple... the fact is while he was 'on your ' you have the burden to prove that you did everything you could to avoid that idiot... following him off the freeway would have gotten you ZERO sympathy from a judge or jury...

the only time you will ever get no billed on shooting someone is when you are literally backing into a corner - have no where you can flee AND they're pointing a gun at you, shooting at you or in the process of trying to literally kill you... (tailgating is not attempted murder in the state of texas)

that being said camaroz2866 - if you have ANY friends that are police officers - talk to them about what happened... and talk to them about what you wanted to do... i think you'll find dvlracer's pov is correct and accurate...

you cannot justify use of lethal force b/c somebody is tailgating you...

there's ALWAYS somewhere you can go to get out of somebody's way on a motorcycle...

against my better judgement i'm going to leave this thread open b/c i don't want ya'll to think we're censoring your opinions...

but if i see ANY personal attacks, rule violations or going off topic - it will get shut down and we'll start handing out the bans to those who can't post up their own opinion without violating the rules... so keep it civil... if you have a problem with another member man up and send them a pm... posting in here is only drama... no need for that bs...

ride safe
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #50
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Odds are good, being that time and on a holiday, that the guy in the truck had more than a few, and would have been riding the of whoever was in front of him.

Sad to say but just in normal everyday traffic in this town people ignore following distance rules completely. I would have been pretty in this case but throwing something or waving a gun means you escalate the situation, and you loose against just about any car. And after the smoke clears and you are dead or crippled, who won then? Or worse, you toss that socket or ball bearing and cause a wreck which injures some innocent person or kid... how do you feel about it now?

If you want to ride a bike in Houston traffic, better be able to shed like a duck sheds water, because they are everywhere. Someone in the police force once told me there are like 30-40% unlicensed/uninsured drivers on the Houston roads.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:51 AM   #51
maxgs

Member Garage

Good morning, gents and DvlRacer. Nice to see DvlRacer making more friends overnight.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #52
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

mornin' Max.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #53
Thermalser

Bike(s):
FZ1, GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
dvlracer is actually representing a mature pov...

on a motorcycle and had no where to go NEVER go in the same sentence...

there's ALWAYS somewhere you can go to get out of somebody's way on a motorcycle...
In my 25+ years of riding, I have never found myself in a "trapped" situation on a multi-lane highway no matter how dense the traffic. Slow down gradually, create a gap, and go.

CamaroZ, you should have a moral obligation to your significant other who is riding on the back to avoid a conflict with a cage no matter what.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #54
02meanie

Bike(s):
02 Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak

Good Morning folks. I am an old rider with well over 100K on the clock also and I must have my say and then I will shut up. CamaroZ the sockets would not have necessarily gone through the wind shield of the truck. It probably would have but the chance of them bouncing off is more than you think. I have been in the same situation before and you think that you do not have any options. You should ... no, must think a situation completely through before taking action. I am not faulting you for your actions and I completely understand why. I am just saying that if the truck driver was drunk and it sounds like he probably was, you would have just endangered yourself and the rest of the traffic around you. I was not there so I cannot say exactly what I would have done if I had been in your place. I just think that someone must think their actions completly through before taking them. My 2 cents. I thank you for listening to me. I am glad you were not hurt and none of your loved ones were hurt.
02meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #55
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Well we've definitely had some good advice here and some bad.

Here's my advice; After riding for many, many years I can say without doubt that the smartest thing that could have been done is exactly what I did. On a holiday weekend well known for drinking and driving, at night, on the way back from a well known extremely crowded party, the best thing to do would be to stay off the stinking road with your bike!

My bike has been down waiting for a part for over a month, (It's been killing me) I finally got it fixed yesterday and I wanted to ride it so bad. But I knew it was July 4th and the drunks and idiots would be everywhere so I left it parked. I would advise anyone who really loves to ride to do the same thing. That way you live to ride again another day.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #56
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Very good advice from all, plus we can all relate to the situation in some way.

Sorry it happened to you bro, but I am glad you had support there for you. Riding during the holidays is very dangerous, as well as late at night. Most 'rider down' threads are in the wee hours of the morning. That said, yes, Im out at those times. Usually on my side of town since I know the area and the quieter roads.

Tonight Im headed to Baytown for dFresh's UFC FightNight and Im dressing accordingly in leathers because no matter how isolated and inconspicuous I want to be on the road there is always going to be someone in Houston that wants to be seen by me for one chit-for-brick reason or another. I carry an collapsable beating stick incase it does come down to that. Leathers alone and full gear is intimidating(I assure you) to someone trying to start something.

That said, be safe all... I don't wanna see the road take anyone down nor the jerk in the cage.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #57
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

here is my take.... I have been in similar situations in houston.... for some reason some people think it is funny. I slow down to try to get them to pass. when/if that doesn't work I reach around and give them the 1 finger salute and burn off in the hole I just created for myself. Most of the time they get the point. It will be for the small percentage that want to continue the harrasment that further steps will need to be taken.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #58
redrocker

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

I had a lady in a new mustang cut me off yesterday and i have a nice mirror to show for it.
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #59
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Fireworks show let out the same time my movie did last night

full gear, went to see ' in the City' alone... Only one other then Kit Kaboodle and I'm not seeing that one.

Anyways no matter which side a rode on people used the extra space in my lane to get behind me etc. So I started weaving at 5mph back and forth in the lane... scared them chitless... lady beside me kept honking thinkin I was going to drop my bike on her etc. I couldn't get around any of the traffic or through it. Was a mess. I was just trying to get to the salsa bar.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #60
chadeaux
Chad-O

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
'09 V Star 950

Member Garage

I think it's a given that 99% of cagers have NO respect for bikes and do not care if they run us over because they will not get hurt. Sometimes I want to do stuff like this, but it's best to just do whatever it takes to get out of the situation, then of course post a rant on MH... which I'm sure I'll be doing plenty of over the years.

I've been caught in a similar situation on the highway and I pulled over on the shoulder and let him by... then cussed him the whole way home.

Advertisement