MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 01:32 AM   #1
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

my ride home from downtown fireworks show rant

so i met my fiance and her sister downtown for the fireworks show and then we headed back(me on my bike and her in her car) and on the way back on 59 a guy in a newish style chevy 1500 2dr ext cab black lowered with chrome rims decided to fly up on my and litteraly get ontop of me( i reached back at one point to point at him and i almost touched the truck) i reved it at him, i tapped the brakes and everything he wouldnt back off, i had no were to go as the car infront and side me werent going anywere, so i tried getting my sockets(i cary 6 sockets with me) out of my pocket and couldnt so i got around the car infront of me and got them out and he had seen me reaching for my pocket and he darted to the exit and when i exited the next exit with my girl that was furious and almost ramed the guy for tryin to kill me, he was gone, he must of made a turn right after exiting. i guess im glad i didnt have my gun with me cause i would of unloaded on him. ok thanks for reading my rant, hope everyone made it home safe!!!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sweet lightning show downtown urbanXJ Off Topic 4 08-20-2015 12:42 PM
New Years fireworks show zerobounds Off Topic 2 12-31-2009 07:14 PM
Fireworks Show? SiG239 Off Topic 6 12-31-2008 05:17 PM
About Last nights Fireworks show jrock Off Topic 0 10-11-2006 01:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #2
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

You should never carry a gun.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

glad your ok.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Wouldn't have unloaded on the guy...would've spent a nice evening in jail for that. I would be taking a souvenir mirror or something.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 AM   #5
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

man i think he was trying to rob you,crooks see busa a mile a way, imho there one of the most stolen bikes next to gsxrs
Old 07-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

So just to make sure I have all my ducks in a row, a truck was tailgating you on the highway. Instead of burning him you endangered your own life and those around you digging in your pocket for sockets, which I assume you planned to throw at him and potentially cause a wreck where he could be killed or kill someone else. If you did have your gun, you would have turned around and "unloaded" on him from your moving busa while on the highway with traffic around and infront of you?

Remind me not to ride with you
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 07-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #7
camaroz2866

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

yeah i wish i could of, i had no were to go and when i finialy got out infront were i could get my sockets he had darted across barely making the exit, and i exited the next exit and he was gone. ill deff recognize the truck if i see it i got half his plate number(my fiances sister rote it down)
Old 07-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #8
camaroz2866

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

no

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
So just to make sure I have all my ducks in a row, a truck was tailgating you on the highway. Instead of burning him you endangered your own life and those around you digging in your pocket for sockets, which I assume you planned to throw at him and potentially cause a wreck where he could be killed or kill someone else. If you did have your gun, you would have turned around and "unloaded" on him from your moving busa while on the highway with traffic around and infront of you?

Remind me not to ride with you
i had no were i could go, i was boxed in for a while and he kept getting closer as if to ram me, i didnt endanger anyone reaching into my pocket, as they slip right out, and he almost killed me... i wouldt of used my gun if i had it, it would of been near imposible to get it out on the highway , i was just saying that to get a point across of how upset i was...
Old 07-05-2008, 01:44 AM   #9
camaroz2866

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

he wasnt just tailgatting, he was litteraly about touching my tailight, my girl was watching it helplessly. what would of u done?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #10
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz2866 View Post
he wasnt just tailgatting, he was litteraly about touching my tailight, my girl was watching it helplessly. what would of u done?
she couldn't maneuver traffic for you? like slow down so you could get in front of her?
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

I think you handled it quite well. That guy was an . I have tossed back a few marbles before, then made a speedy exit.

Tailgaters can suck a nut.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 AM   #12
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
i had no were i could go, i was boxed in for a while and he kept getting closer as if to ram me, i didnt endanger anyone reaching into my pocket, as they slip right out, and he almost killed me... i wouldt of used my gun if i had it, it would of been near imposible to get it out on the highway , i was just saying that to get a point across of how upset i was...
If I tailgated you and you threw sockets through my window, I wouldn't be tailgating you anymore. My truck would go BADUMP as I ran over your bike. Driving in Houston is the most frustrating thing in the world, riding is 10x worse. You gotta be on the defensive all the time, don't let yourself get trapped b/t vehicles, keep your bubble. If you had thrown a socket and hit his truck where do you think that socket would wind up? On the highway and eventually through someone elses windshield. Your antics could cause a of a lot more damage than it's worth. You're not on a scooter, you should always be able to escape a Chevy 1500 should the situation arise. Trying to escalate it by attepmting to track him down at the exit probably isn't an excellent idea either. If you actually were trapped and he wanted to plow you down I'm sure he would have. Sorry you had a bad situation but you have to keep your cool and understand the consequences to your actions.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #13
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
I think you handled it quite well. That guy was an . I have tossed back a few marbles before, then made a speedy exit.

Tailgaters can suck a nut.
You've never tailgated anyone on the bike, or accidentaly cut someone off? Maybe one day someone will throw some marbles at you. It just amazes me all these people who admit to stupid like throwing marbles, bb's, sparkplugs, etc at people on a roadway on a public forum. ARE YOU INSANE?!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #14
camaroz2866

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

she was a lane over at the time trying to work her way over to get me out of it, she ended up getting infront of the car next to me and slowing down to let me get away. thank u urban ninja. its not like i have a few miles under me, ive been ridding for almost 6 years now and have well over 100,000 miles of ridding as i ride everyday of the year.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #15
camaroz2866

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

he was trying to , i was ridding the guys infront of me trying to get him to move and he was trying..... u would of had to of been there, he was trying to run me down!!!!!!! i thought i was going down at one point. but yes i understand what your saying..... but if i could slow him down for a couple seconds by busting his windshield out and letting me get away yeah, the sockets would of destroyed his windshield at that speed, they would of been in his truck not on the ground.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #16
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

So you carry 6 sockets at all times just incase you run into one of these Mad Max guys trying to mow you down?

This is pathetic, it's not even worth trying to reason with you people.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:01 AM   #17
camaroz2866

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

no, just if im going out at night.... "you peopel" man how long have you been ridding to even expierence these things? im not looking for an argument, you would of been one to get run over, if my girl wasnt there i would of probably been ran over by the guy, i couldnt even lane split to get away as it was packed on the highway......
Old 07-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #18
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Sometimes a person says they have had enough. Enough of the tailgaters, enough of the mofos trying to block me when I am stuck in traffic and I am lane splitting so I don't bake in the sun.

I ride defensively. But I hate being so passive all the time when people put my life at risk.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #19
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
no, just if im going out at night.... "you peopel" man how long have you been ridding to even expierence these things? im not looking for an argument, you would of been one to get run over, if my girl wasnt there i would of probably been ran over by the guy, i couldnt even lane split to get away as it was packed on the highway......
*People

I created the group "You People" to lump together all the people who think it is okay to throw things at cars because of everyday grievances encountered on public roadways. You and your 6 sockets seemed to fit the bill

Why do you think the guy was out to get you to begin with? Maybe you cut him off or tailgated him and he was just trying to get close enough to hurl some sockets at you, I doubt he was trying to murder you infront of all those witnesses.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:11 AM   #20
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
Sometimes a person says they have had enough. Enough of the tailgaters, enough of the mofos trying to block me when I am stuck in traffic and I am lane splitting so I don't bake in the sun.
You're right, we should inflict serious damage to their vehicles w/ marbles and the like. those idiots in cars trying to get home to their families after a long day of work and not wanted you to hold them up any longer.

Gotta remember, not everybody rides a motorcycle. When they see you lane splitting they just think you think you're special cuz you're on a bike. Awareness plays a big part, lane splitting is not legal here. Should it be legalized I would expect a large campaign via commercials, etc to explain why it is necessary.

Advertisement