MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #41
Ogre
Ancient one
 
Ogre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stagecoach
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,302

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Blackbird









Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
RIP no matter if he was wearing he's helment or not. when is your time to go then it your time
Another fatalist! These have got to be the dumbest statements on the web.

Go lay on a train track. If the train comes and cuts you in half, it must have been your time.

Your actions can, do and will have an immense affect on your personal viability. Just think of the two fools who met up with Mr. Horn.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lots of info on what kind of bike to start off with, but what about info on upgrading phrenetiK General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 03-08-2013 06:32 PM
Need info Conroe_gsxrboy Stunters Lounge 8 02-23-2009 05:18 PM
need info crisw14 Events, Meets and Rides 19 12-28-2008 02:09 AM
any info ?? *RhinO* General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 06-24-2008 03:07 PM
Too Much Info ratmzapa Off Topic 4 04-07-2006 07:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #42
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The funky ghetto
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,698

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom






Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
STOP POSTING IF YOUR JUST GOING ON ABOUT THE GEAR. SOMEONE FRIEND, BROTHER , SON, OR SOMETHING PASS AWAY PUT YOUR HEART IN THERE PLACE
WORD.
__________________
Hooligan-Awarded "Most improved on the track" 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #43
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,691

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





I am going to politely remind everyone that gear is not a guarantee you will survive a crash. Yes, it does heighten your chances, but not a for sure. Yes, he was riding tha fool, but did he deserve to expire? I wear my gear all the time realizing I could still die on the ride. You all should take a step back and read what you type before you post it up. $02
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #44
the mother
Senior Member
 
the mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,600

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Regardless of how foolish his actions may have been. It is still a tragedy for the individual and those who cared about him and deserves to be treated that way.
+1
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #45
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~
 
gixxergirloh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: BAYTOWN on the eastside movin on up.........
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,914

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Man... Y'all are something else.

Bunch of inconsiderate, disrespectful .
man i was thinking the same thing....if you cant just say RIP leave it alone...this is someones friend, family member, bro etc. !!! RIP to the rider.
__________________
MAN hold up....i got too much lean in my cup!!!
gixxergirloh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #46
PaulO
|DTF|
 
PaulO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 20


Bike(s):
=(









Send a message via AIM to PaulO
dang this is right down the street from where i live and i didnt hear about this except for on here... RIP to him tho and prayers to his family
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #47
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulO View Post
dang this is right down the street from where i live and i didnt hear about this except for on here... RIP to him tho and prayers to his family
i have a friend in pearland pd that comes into my sonic just about everyday and always tells me about a bike accident here and there, and i always say "ya i already heard".
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #48
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
STOP POSTING IF YOUR JUST GOING ON ABOUT THE GEAR. SOMEONE FRIEND, BROTHER , SON, OR SOMETHING PASS AWAY PUT YOUR HEART IN THERE PLACE
It was a request for info, not a RIP thread... want 'a respectful' thead for
this one. Go create it... but don't try giving me orders on it.
The threads and loss of riders get old, particularly the ones in which the riders take themselves (and worse, when they take others) out.

If the negative commentary from folx that themselves out bug ya, I'm sorry...but maybe it'll stick enough in your heads to help be a subconcious reminder to keep the throttle under control and both wheels on the ground when your out on the road.

I don't really give guff to people w/o gear...it's a personal choice. But excessive speeding, stunting on the road put others beyond the rider themselves at risk. ...and simply put, I've seen enough posts on that in this forum already.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #49
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
It was a request for info, not a RIP thread... want 'a respectful' thead for
this one. Go create it... but don't try giving me orders on it.
The threads and loss of riders get old, particularly the ones in which the riders take themselves (and worse, when they take others) out.

If the negative commentary from folx that themselves out bug ya, I'm sorry...but maybe it'll stick enough in your heads to help be a subconcious reminder to keep the throttle under control and both wheels on the ground when your out on the road.

I don't really give guff to people w/o gear...it's a personal choice. But excessive speeding, stunting on the road put others beyond the rider themselves at risk. ...and simply put, I've seen enough posts on that in this forum already.
4 or 5 post into this thread, the information was known and it morphed into a RIP thread. But I see ya muggin for the audience. Like a politician, using the misfortunes of another, as your stage to plead your case, further hammering home your "dead horse" point, with little or no regard for the friends or family of the fallen rider.

Betcha wouldn't be flappin your soup coolers if you knew this young man.

That is all.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #50
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,875

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Sucks we lost another, but I hope people that continue to NOt wear gear, will see this as an example....


My father died on his bike while doing dumb stuff, he didnt have his helmet on either... I took his situation to heart once I started riding.


RIP Jeff.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #51
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s
 
SexualChocolate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,197

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...









Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
We all know the would have, should have, could of. I am with most in this thread. Risks are taken, life may be lost.

My condolences to his family and friends. But even they know that his actions caused his demise. Whether they choose to accept that or not it is of no consequence to anyone. Whether we knew him or not doesn't mean we still don't feel anything. We would feel more strongly if we did know him.

I have already told my friends if I die doing something stupid TELL EVERYONE. People can choose to learn from it or not. At that point it will not matter to me. However I don't want it to be sugarcoated, I don't want it to be hidden, or hushed, or silenced. I made it clear tell everyone who asks what happened.

We are all able to voice our OPINIONS on here. If that is their opinion then you should respect that. They have respected yours. Respect for the deceased is set aside at this point because all they were doing was stating the obvious.

Any death is a loss.
__________________
A few motorcycles, bicycles, and cars...and still in recovery phase

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #52
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s
 
SexualChocolate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,197

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...









Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
your a new rider huh? if you are get over yourself
Get over yourself.
__________________
A few motorcycles, bicycles, and cars...and still in recovery phase

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #53
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
4 or 5 post into this thread, the information was known and it morphed into a RIP thread. But I see ya muggin for the audience. Like a politician, using the misfortunes of another, as your stage to plead your case, further hammering home your "dead horse" point, with little or no regard for the friends or family of the fallen rider.

Betcha wouldn't be flappin your soup coolers if you knew this young man.

That is all.
You may be right, you may not.. If I knew him, I wouldn't post rip and respect for im either.
....then again, Im might just come here, give the details as I knew them and bluntly point out what he did wrong too.


Here's a tidbit for you freshmeat (meaning your a FNG to this forum), unlike most here... I HAVE been directly involved in an accident caused by a rider riding like a dipshit. A kid that had no business being on a bike and was lucky that him only took himself out in the accident.
He only hit our suv doing 80... me, my boss and 2 of our friends in the car. One of them a woman that was 6 months pregnant. The there was the guy on the ninja, and the cbr next to him. His body knocked both of their bike (and the owners setting on them) down, before stopping 100 or so past the front of our suv.

So no... I don't have a lot of thought for the friends or family. I'm more concerned about the potential of some riding like an taking me or someone else out.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #54
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
You may be right, you may not.. If I knew him, I wouldn't post rip and respect for im either.
....then again, Im might just come here, give the details as I knew them and bluntly point out what he did wrong too.


Here's a tidbit for you freshmeat (meaning your a FNG to this forum), unlike most here... I HAVE been directly involved in an accident caused by a rider riding like a dipshit. A kid that had no business being on a bike and was lucky that him only took himself out in the accident.
He only hit our suv doing 80... me, my boss and 2 of our friends in the car. One of them a woman that was 6 months pregnant. The there was the guy on the ninja, and the cbr next to him. His body knocked both of their bike (and the owners setting on them) down, before stopping 100 or so past the front of our suv.

So no... I don't have a lot of thought for the friends or family. I'm more concerned about the potential of some riding like an taking me or someone else out.
However you rationalize it, is cool with me. To each his own.

As far as the freshmeat comment....If you think someone's join date has anything to do with thier intelligence, riding abilities or common sense, then you are indeed sadly mistaken and fresheat, yourself, to reality.

Since joining this site, I have been on more than 25 rides probably, with MH peeps both new and experienced. I have done my duty and continue to do it. I help new guys, encourage them, talk about gear, limits, etc, IN PERSON. WTF do you do to spread the "good news" about cycling, other than posting up snide remarks, scare tactics and opinions based on resentments about the actions of a few and how YOU, selfishly, were affected by them.

I have NEVER seen you anywhere in the last 4 months. If you ride track only, then forgive me. If you ride the streets as well....then shame on you. Shame on your for not getting off your and helping someone.

BTW...I got ur freshmeat hangin right here.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #55
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





I take these RIP threads with a grain of salt... if someone was acting an and took himself out, I have little or no pity. Sorry, but I have had at least 3 friends kill themselves on bikes over the years doing numbnut things, and friends or not, they did it to themselves, and would be the first to point that out to anyone that would listen.

And all that "if your a rider you should feel sorry for him" stuff.. nope, sorry. I feel sorry for his friends and familys that he went out and did something stupid to himself and now they have to clean up the mess.

That being said.. these threads always end up being spammed to death and that is a shame. Maybe we should have some guidelines like if the thread starts out RIP, then only comment if you have something good/nice to say.

On the otherhand, if the thread starts out "guy crashed last night riding a wheelie down 290 in traffic" then the gloves are off.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #56
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I take these RIP threads with a grain of salt... if someone was acting an and took himself out, I have little or no pity. Sorry, but I have had at least 3 friends kill themselves on bikes over the years doing numbnut things, and friends or not, they did it to themselves, and would be the first to point that out to anyone that would listen.

And all that "if your a rider you should feel sorry for him" stuff.. nope, sorry. I feel sorry for his friends and familys that he went out and did something stupid to himself and now they have to clean up the mess.

That being said.. these threads always end up being spammed to death and that is a shame. Maybe we should have some guidelines like if the thread starts out RIP, then only comment if you have something good/nice to say.

On the otherhand, if the thread starts out "guy crashed last night riding a wheelie down 290 in traffic" then the gloves are off.

agreed 100%..... it is funny all the noobs get their panties all in a wad... they should hang out here longer and see how all the NEEDLESS accidents take its toll on our community. Think of it as tough love so to speak.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #57
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







newbs that get thier panities in a wad....

or oldtimers that can't seem to understand that some peeps are gonna ride how they wanna ride, regardless.

I'm out. Done with this thread.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #58
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
newbs that get thier panities in a wad....

or oldtimers that can't seem to understand that some peeps are gonna ride how they wanna ride, regardless.

I'm out. Done with this thread.
that is true... they are gonna ride however they want... so what you want? lets throw them a ticker tape parade for practicing stunts on a public street with no gear on. Even the true stunters take it off the street. did I mention needless accidents already?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #59
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
However you rationalize it, is cool with me. To each his own.

As far as the freshmeat comment....If you think someone's join date has anything to do with thier intelligence, riding abilities or common sense, then you are indeed sadly mistaken and fresheat, yourself, to reality. [/quote

My reference was to time on this site and # number of 'rips' threads seen here.


Quote:
Since joining this site, I have been on more than 25 rides probably, with MH peeps both new and experienced. I have done my duty and continue to do it. I help new guys, encourage them, talk about gear, limits, etc, IN PERSON. WTF do you do to spread the "good news" about cycling, other than posting up snide remarks, scare tactics and opinions based on resentments about the actions of a few and how YOU, selfishly, were affected by them.

I have NEVER seen you anywhere in the last 4 months. If you ride track only, then forgive me. If you ride the streets as well....then shame on you. Shame on your for not getting off your and helping someone.
Wtf? Pop your head out of your . This thread has nothing to do with 'group' rides or 'helping' anyone on the street, but if you that curious all it would take would be a few minutes for you to do some research to figure that info out...
...and btw, selfish? Who's the jackass whining because they didn't like what was written?

BTW...I got ur freshmeat hangin right here.
Go play with your vienna sausage somwhere else.


What's your age and when'd you get your MC endorsement CD?
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy