MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #21
Scotsman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Keep it on topic.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MICHELIN POWER SUPER SPORT DUAL-COMPOUND TRACK TIRE REAR 180/55ZR-17 $179.99! Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 0 11-09-2013 12:36 PM
Tire Spacers That STAY PUT? cyon Taking it to the Track 11 05-01-2013 11:27 AM
Need a tire put on my bike... ecclissiass General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 10-18-2012 05:24 PM
Bridgestone track temp / tire compound recommendations maxgs Taking it to the Track 8 11-30-2009 01:12 PM
Tire Compound with cooler temps? Jerran V Taking it to the Track 8 11-08-2008 01:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #22
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmoose View Post
Im about to put a complete set of new tires on my busa. I would really like to put a set of really good tires, and was interested in putting the Michelin pilot power 2ct, or the Bridgestone bt-016 hypersport on it. I have recieved some feedback that it would silly to do this on a busa. Im not agreeing with them, and am seeking some feedback from my fellow MHers. thanks in advance.
What kind of riding do you do? Are you an aggresive rider in the curves? Are you looking for more traction or longer wear? Is cost an issue?

Recommending a tire is like picking a girl friend, everyone likes something different.

Dual compound tires are designed to give you more mileage on the center, and not give up as much corner traction as some harder touring tires. That being said, if a touring tire provides you enough traction for your riding, then the extra cost of the dual compound is the make/break point.

Also keep in mind touring tires are designed for all weather use/grip, whereas most sport tires are dry oriented, and don't have as much rain groove.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #23
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
The michelin Powers slipped on me in hard cornering around road repairs etc. No problems w the corsas so long as I wasn't straight up...

On the rear you can actually feel the difference on higher speed sweepers when you roll into it.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #24
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Moose, for your riding style, I would go with a Pilot Road or one of the new Bridgestone sport/TOURING tires. Get something that gives you good mileage and not cost you $200 for a rear tire. Personally, I always run regular Pilot Powers(not 2ct) for me, they are the best average of cost vs. performance. They are decent on mileage depending on how hard you push em. I would say I am "moderate" rider on the street.....I am not trying to be the next Matt Mladin around every turn but I do have less then a 1/4" chicken strip..... Pilots have good stick on both straight lines and curves and you can still get 5000-6000 miles out of a rear if you're not doing a bunch of stupid stuff. If you want more miles then that, try the Pilot Road.....I could see 8-9k miles out of a rear with no noticeable loss in traction....at least on the street. I will probably try these on my 1000 next but they are a tad more $$$....

You can get Pilot Powers online for $250 a set shipped...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #25
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

+1
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #26
bullmoose

I would like to put the Michelin pilot power ROAD 2ct on the busa. Ive been told that they provide wear life for highway riding, and really good traction for the curves. I dont drag a knee through the curves, but I feel that Im improving my abilities and would like a tire that would help me grow with confidance.
bullmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #27
ANTONIOAWC
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 HAYABUSA
06 gsxr 600
66 stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Pilot Road 2CT's are an awesome tire.
Great wear with a harder center compound and good traction in corners with a softer side compound.
just lisent to the masters
ANTONIOAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #28
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I like the turn in on the corsas... not as 'flat' a tire in tread as the michelin.... it looks alot smaller then a michelin on the back of the bike but it is significantly more rounded it seems... I think in the same price range as well. I got 6k out of the last rear. Front is still going strong. Alot of that was long rides, harsh acceleration, burn out, two up cornering and single aggressive.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #29
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

A buddy of mine had less than 5k on his tire and he's showing thread... He cant do burn out so theres no wear because of that. Sides are still good. I want a sent thou.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement