MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Your feelings about Poll Results:
It furiates me how the moderators modify the poll results 9 18.00%
I am mildly annoyed at how the moderators modify the poll results 8 16.00%
I don't care if the moderators modify the poll results 3 6.00%
I think it's funny how the moderators modify the poll results 7 14.00%
I wish I could modify the poll results 8 16.00%
You mean the results aren't our actual feelings on things? 9 18.00%
I DO modify the poll results! 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #61
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

I personally have never had a problem with multiple accounts for someone who is responsible and can justify having two accounts. Patrick is an example - One SN for managing his Motorcycles Unlimited sponsor section, and the other for general modding. Keith, are you saying that he should have to make a choice between the two?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John Roberts reluctantly reveals Ron Paul's results of the SC debate twitter poll. da1hobo The Circus 21 01-18-2012 09:48 PM
Evolution YES or NO Vote Now :modified poll DepPravacion The Circus 128 06-23-2010 10:20 AM
xr50 modified to a 110 /K5 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 30 04-25-2009 12:07 PM
Busa with modified cans BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 04-28-2006 01:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #62
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
No need to publicly name anybody, I don't have an issue with any of the people who do it, just feel it is a flawed concept.
Very well stated.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #63
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Don't think it's necessary. Most know who he is referring to. And I am willing to bet mods are watching this right now. We are all fcked...we will come back tomorrow and be perma-banned
That's funny you say that, but serioulsy - Why? We are not 'hating'! this is not "houston sucks compared to chicago" on H-I. We are just discussing a topic, and staying very much to the subject of the topic of the thread. Hopefully some good will come out of all this, and the management will read this and look for ways of making improvements. We are discussing issues, not complaining.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #64
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I'll take Preventative Maintenance for 500
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they dont have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #65
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Thank you to all that voted. And thank you to the 3 mods that voted "I DO modify the results!" for watching over the threads for us. I realize it can be a chore sometimes.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #66
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

edit
Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 PM   #67
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
No need to publicly name anybody, I don't have an issue with any of the people who do it, just feel it is a flawed concept.
Agreed. I don't personally have any issues with such person and he has hooked me up before, although he may not know it ...but I have been warned twice for violations in the for sale section while others do things like post lower than asking prices in my threads and nothing happens...at least if it is a rule, i think they should delete the offending post. I would have no problem with that.

And no offense to aforementioned person...I still respect you bro.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 06-30-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #68
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto84 View Post
And thank you to the 3 mods that voted "I DO modify the results!" for watching over the threads for us. I realize it can be a chore sometimes.
+1 they are decent people.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #69
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Agreed. Everyone is here because they made a choice to be here. It is really amazing how this site has grown over the years!

I'd still like to see/hear more peoples opinions on this subject. I, as I am sure others, would like to get an accurate representation of our member's opinions.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #70
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Hey Rojer, what choice did you choose on the poll? curious, seeing as we can't see how people voted.
I voted I wanna change it myself

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #71
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

I would like to see a section where people could voice their opinion on matters relating to motohouston, the site, operators and moderators and discuss them publicly without drama or censorship. I am not saying that we don't have this now...I just think that if you encourage a open honest opinion on what can be done to better the site, whether that be problems that people feel need to be addressed, you will get true honest discussion that will lead to improvement.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #72
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

I find it very annoying. But more as..um..I don't how to put it to words. I own a vBulletin and my mods do not do like that. I would be as . so I probably look at it differently.

Quote:
It should be an option for the poll creator as to whether or not resuls are public, but yeah I don't think it's working right.
it is flawed. the number of people who voted is a link. if was kept private there is usually a notice for users to see and the number of votes is not a link.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #73
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Edit: PM'd as to stay on topic
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they dont have enough."

Last edited by a forum moderator; 07-01-2008 at 12:07 AM.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #74
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
I would like to see a section where people could voice their opinion on matters relating to motohouston, the site, operators and moderators and discuss them publicly without drama or censorship. I am not saying that we don't have this now...I just think that if you encourage a open honest opinion on what can be done to better the site, whether that be problems that people feel need to be addressed, you will get true honest discussion that will lead to improvement.
x10 That's what I was kind of thinking this could morph into. I have no other griefs about MH, I think it's a great asset to houston riders. Heck, I wouldn't have gotten in so many dang fights with my GF if I wasn't on MH so much. That shows my dedication

I think I have two words that sum up your ideas: Constructive Criticism.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #75
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Edit: PM'd as to stay on topid
-GASP- Thank you!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #76
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
x10 That's what I was kind of thinking this could morph into. I have no other griefs about MH, I think it's a great asset to houston riders. Heck, I wouldn't have gotten in so many dang fights with my GF if I wasn't on MH so much. That shows my dedication

I think I have two words that sum up your ideas: Constructive Criticism.
Exactly what I am thinking. Sorta like a open door policy at a job.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #77
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
I find it very annoying. But more as..um..I don't how to put it to words. I own a vBulletin and my mods do not do like that. I would be as . so I probably look at it differently.

it is flawed. the number of people who voted is a link. if was kept private there is usually a notice for users to see and the number of votes is not a link.
Thank you for your input, Scatter!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #78
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Anyone have strong points that they have found that other vBulletin sites have? Something you think would help MH?
I did enjoy the Chatbox. I think if people were reminded to either use PMs or chatbox, they would be more likely to use them in future threads.

Example - This thread has gone though 78 posts already and all of them have been on topic (with no modding needed)! I personally have sent out 3 PMs instead of tearing up the integrity of the topic of the thread, as I know Keith has done the same. When it works, It works!!

I am very interested in hearing some of the moderators opinions on the topics. constructive criticism, poll editing, post editing, public polls vs. private polls, double accounts, etc..

Last edited by Squanto84; 07-01-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Squanto84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #79
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

I liked the chatbox alot...i wish it was still here....i really liked when it was at the top of all pages so i could surf the boards and chat at the same time...although I understand that puts a big load on the server. which leads me to my next suggestion.

i also think MH should look into a contributor setup. sites i am part of such as r6-forums have this and i have sent contributions via paypal. afterwards they put a lil thing under your name that says your a contributor and shows you support the site.

edit: they also have now where you can contribute so much then you no longer see ads...nice idea...although it doesnt affect me...adblock/noscript for the win!

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 07-01-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #80
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Anyone have strong points that they have found that other vBulletin sites have? Something you think would help MH?
I did enjoy the Chatbox. I think if people were reminded to either use PMs or chatbox, they would be more likely to use them in future threads.

Example - This thread has gone though 78 posts already and all of them have been on topic (with no modding needed)! I personally have sent out 3 PMs instead of tearing up the integrity of the topic of the thread, as I know Keith has done the same. When it works, It works!!

I am very interested in hearing some of the moderators opinions on the topics. constructive criticism, poll editing, post editing, public polls vs. private polls, double accounts, etc..
you know, when i read the first page i just knew by the time i was on the 4th it would be post whored up. I think i am pretty intelligent and have stuff to offer to a thread, but most of the time the last few pages are like that and i say screw it and don't even reply.

ya know..thinking off the top of my head. off topic is just that. anything not really motorcycle related. most people don't give a rats if their thread gets whored up or not. but, if they do how about putting a "no post whoring" blurb at the bottom?

***AND BACK ON TOPIC***

I think if we as members helped mods stay on top of stuff by using the report post button, the little red yield looking sign, to alert them to threads that are getting to off topic that would help.

I personally think mods should be Switzerland about everything. I am all for having a separate mod account as long as they keep it neutral. But to be a mod and be an is not cool. if your mods are hated by the majority of your members, somethings wrong.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement