MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Your feelings about Poll Results:
It furiates me how the moderators modify the poll results 9 18.00%
I am mildly annoyed at how the moderators modify the poll results 8 16.00%
I don't care if the moderators modify the poll results 3 6.00%
I think it's funny how the moderators modify the poll results 7 14.00%
I wish I could modify the poll results 8 16.00%
You mean the results aren't our actual feelings on things? 9 18.00%
I DO modify the poll results! 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 PM   #41
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

This argument is getting close to suggesting similarities between MH and the government.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John Roberts reluctantly reveals Ron Paul's results of the SC debate twitter poll. da1hobo The Circus 21 01-18-2012 09:48 PM
Evolution YES or NO Vote Now :modified poll DepPravacion The Circus 128 06-23-2010 10:20 AM
xr50 modified to a 110 /K5 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 30 04-25-2009 12:07 PM
Busa with modified cans BYRDMAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 04-28-2006 01:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #42
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
nice to meet u today.

but...DOES someone have to say it? WHY does it have to be said at all?
Likewise, sir!

And no, but it's nice to put people down to make yourself feel better every once in a while. On a more serious note, I think the people who are starting the threads in question are fully aware that what they are making polls about is totally absurd. Therefor, yes it is okay to point it out IMO.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #43
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

So the other thing that bothers me is when the moderators change what people type. As Keith said - it starts out as small changes, and funny stuff. But doesn't it make you wonder what else has been changed? same with the polls - Like Pyro's poll about the Iphone Icon. Silverfudge said get 20% and he'll impliment it. So it came to like 36%, but what if it was hovering around 19 or 21%..? Would you trust the results? What about JLOleo's hair color poll? What about if the poor girl dyed her hair brunette because she thought the general MH population liked it better and then found out later that the results were 'massaged' a little?? Food for thought.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #44
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

If you guys dislike how MH management operates, you should check out this link:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/banlist.php

Ya...they seem cool as now huh
Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #45
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto84 View Post
So the other thing that bothers me is when the moderators change what people type. As Keith said - it starts out as small changes, and funny stuff. But doesn't it make you wonder what else has been changed? same with the polls - Like Pyro's poll about the Iphone Icon. Silverfudge said get 20% and he'll impliment it. So it came to like 36%, but what if it was hovering around 19 or 21%..? Would you trust the results? What about JLOleo's hair color poll? What about if the poor girl dyed her hair brunette because she thought the general MH population liked it better and then found out later that the results were 'massaged' a little?? Food for thought.
I got a question...on that note...how come some polls says "This poll is public and others can see your response" I can never seem to find where to go to see what everyone answered?

Even this poll said it was public and everyone could see my response...where can I go to see what answer Squanto picked? Does that defeat the purpose of public/private polls?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #46
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Fellow MH'ers..
Please let me and the rest of the MH world know what your feelings are about how the polls have been modified lately. Several polls from 'VOTE'(http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...highlight=poll), to 'GixxerBills Bizzarre threads'(http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...highlight=poll), to '5/21 N.W. Meet n Greet' (http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...highlight=poll)
have been 'modified' towards someone's liking, and I know my feelings about it.
So... Here's your chance to voice your opinion on how things are run around here. Please, everyone be honest and to the point. Thank you, and everybody please be safe out there!

I think it's really stupid you care when you post a stupid poll expect it to get edited. it's really that simple

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #47
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
I think it's really stupid you care when you post a stupid poll expect it to get edited. it's really that simple
Actually I just went back and looked at the first post and saw the link to the M&G poll...now I will agree I think editing that one may have been out of line.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #48
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
What do you mean? Are you implying the ones that are in place don't have the forum's best intentions in mind, or that we just need more? Not trying to put words in your mouth, just confused about what you were saying.
I do not feel that there is anything wrong with the moderators we currently have. Nor am I saying that we need more moderators. I do feel that a few sometimes abuse their privileges.
I think if the off topic is kept up with a little more (example when a MC related thread turns to PW heaven, and a Mod asks to take it to off topic), then we'll all be in a better situation.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #49
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Now THAT would have been funny and an appropriate time to "massage" the results!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #50
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
I got a question...on that note...how come some polls says "This poll is public and others can see your response" I can never seem to find where to go to see what everyone answered?

Even this poll said it was public and everyone could see my response...where can I go to see what answer Squanto picked? Does that defeat the purpose of public/private polls?
I've wondered the same thing! It is not set up correctly on MH. Generally, you can click on the number of votes for that selection (far right) and it si linked to the list of people that voted. However, on MH, it just gives you an error (saying you must be logged in to do that). I guess only mods and up can view the list.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #51
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Now THAT would have been funny and an appropriate time to "massage" the results!
Not if you were the one responsible for one off girl!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #52
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
We think alike, I actually started laughing when I read that at the thought of someone doing that and then when she dyes it the wrong color being like "Sike!"

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #53
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
Hey Rojer, what choice did you choose on the poll? curious, seeing as we can't see how people voted.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #54
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
I've wondered the same thing! It is not set up correctly on MH. Generally, you can click on the number of votes for that selection (far right) and it si linked to the list of people that voted. However, on MH, it just gives you an error (saying you must be logged in to do that). I guess only mods and up can view the list.
I think its time we talk to an admin about that then.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #55
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

agreed. maybe it's a known problem, or maybe it's a new issue. All I know is that on other forums, I am able to view the list of people.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #56
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
I do not feel that there is anything wrong with the moderators we currently have. Nor am I saying that we need more moderators. I do feel that a few sometimes abuse their privileges.
I think if the off topic is kept up with a little more (example when a MC related thread turns to PW heaven, and a Mod asks to take it to off topic), then we'll all be in a better situation.
My only real issue w/ moderators is the multiple usernames. I think if they stand by their decisions there is no need for them to have another ID. ESPECIALLY sponsors, even if the sponsor doesn't abuse privileges as a mod, there is too much potential risk and no need for a sponsor to have another username anyways, especially not one that is a moderator. But, not my forum!

~Keith
Old 06-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #57
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
agreed. maybe it's a known problem, or maybe it's a new issue. All I know is that on other forums, I am able to view the list of people.
It should be an option for the poll creator as to whether or not resuls are public, but yeah I don't think it's working right.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #58
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
My only real issue w/ moderators is the multiple usernames. I think if they stand by their decisions there is no need for them to have another ID. ESPECIALLY sponsors, even if the sponsor doesn't abuse privileges as a mod, there is too much potential risk and no need for a sponsor to have another username anyways, especially not one that is a moderator. But, not my forum!

~Keith
I'm pretty sure we all know who you're talking about, but please go ahead and name your culprit(s).
Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #59
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we all know who you're tlaking about, but go ahead and name your culprit(s).
Don't think it's necessary. Most know who he is referring to. And I am willing to bet mods are watching this right now. We are all fcked...we will come back tomorrow and be perma-banned
Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #60
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we all know who you're talking about, but please go ahead and name your culprit(s).
No need to publicly name anybody, I don't have an issue with any of the people who do it, just feel it is a flawed concept.

Advertisement