Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #601
aznoophi
Nsty s2k

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
08 gsxr 600
06 gsxr 1000

stupid question but how many ppl went down friday?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th of July jimmy the gent The Circus 2 07-08-2014 05:05 PM
Anyone want to ride after July 4th? noy609 Cruisers Lounge 1 06-12-2013 05:05 AM
4th of july... obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 27 07-04-2012 12:34 PM
4th of july pester Off Topic 3 07-04-2012 07:56 AM
July 4th weekend CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 06-28-2005 04:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #602
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

from an earlier page

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Get your head in the game!

5 down
5 "off roading"
1 down on the parking lot

It was all Tiatools fault.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #603
aznoophi
Nsty s2k

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
08 gsxr 600
06 gsxr 1000

why was it Tiatools fault? jw
Old 07-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #604
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

it's a joke......
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #605
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

....so two serious injured?
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #606
otra599

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Honda 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoMorales View Post
I just got finished reading through all of the posts. I didn’t realize I was so popular I’ll try to respond to everything that I read.

First, the photo posted by BigPat728 (Post #436) is me. Thanks so much for posting it. I love it. This is the last picture of my girlfriend before I dumped her. I was planning on breaking up with her anyway b/c I fell in love with a hot little R-1

I read many posts questioning my choice to ride in Group 2, many posts suggesting that I would have been better off in group 3 and other posts discussing my “ego”. A little bit of background on me…I have been riding motorcycles for 15 years. I have been in Houston and riding with this and other groups for the past 4. I usually ride every Sunday and have ridden these roads many times. This particular bike (my fourth) had almost 20,000 miles on it. Until Friday, I have never had an accident on a motorcycle. This by no means makes me an expert rider, but I feel pretty comfortable stating that I’m a little bit beyond a beginner. I started the ride with one other friend (who headed back early) and we decided together to ride in group 2. I believe, based on our experience levels, this was the correct choice.

I would love to tell you all what happened, what I did wrong, what went wrong with the bike, what was on the road, whatever…unfortunately, all I remember was enjoying the ride and then waking up in the hospital. I have no recollection of the accident whatsoever. Again, thanks to everyone who stopped and helped. NOX – I saw your post and appreciate it. A HUGE thanks to Joe for making the call to my wife and getting my bike home. One thing I can say to everyone, WEAR YOUR GEAR. I am walking, ok hobbling, proof that it works.

OTRA599 – I am sorry to hear that you fell behind me. I don’t know you. I don’t know your riding history or your experience level. And I definitely don’t appreciate your remarks. You, not me, are responsible for your ride. My understanding is that our bikes made no contact. Instead of blaming the people around you for your fall, perhaps you should be considering what you could have done differently to avoid your accident. Maybe you were so busy trying to push to pass me, that you didn’t leave yourself enough space between bikes. I don’t know. Accidents happen. To everyone. Experienced and not. If there is anyone on this board who thinks that they are beyond having an accident on a motorcycle, perhaps you should consider another sport. Caligonetx said it best…check out Post #418 “I can’t ride their bike for them; I need to spend my interests in riding my own.” Enough Said.

Also, I am not interested in having a public battle with you or anyone else. If anyone, including you, has any information regarding my accident, I would be very interested in hearing it. PM me.

Most important, I am glad to hear that all of the riders who fell that day are fine. This was an unbelievable ride put together by great people. I am looking forward to riding with all of you again soon. Be careful and bless.

First off Roberto, you shouldn't be offended by my post, it wasn't about you. Infact, I believe you must have been well ahead of me in our group. I was the guy behind Dave when he went down in the forest and no I didn't go down. I had ample distance between my bike and his and I was simply the first one to get to him quickly followed by many of our fellow riders that were there to help. Myself and another guy and gal (sorry I don't remember your names) were the last ones to leave after Dave went into the ambulance. I may not have the street time on my bike that you have but I started riding dirt bikes 33 years ago, so I had fair knowledge of how to ride when I got on the street a couple a years ago. But, at no time have I ever said nor do I believe that I am an expert rider. NO, I'm far from it! No matter how good I become, I'll always have room to learn more. And I'm not immune to going down, it could happen to any of us at any time. So put out your flame Roberto, I wasn't flaming you. I honestly don't remember seeing you in our group, it was a big group. My post was in reference to others in our group that I believe should have been in the 3rd group because of there riding habits. And I must not be the only one who had this experience. At least a couple others posted that they agreed with my post.

I'll tell you Roberto, after leaving Daves accident, as bad as it was, when I came up on yours my heart just sunk. The cop that was there waved us on so we went to Yankees were we got word shortly after that you were at leased alive. I'm very happy to hear that you and Dave, pending his surgery today, will be ok.
otra599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:32 AM   #607
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by otra599 View Post
First off Roberto, you shouldn't be offended by my post, it wasn't about you. Infact, I believe you must have been well ahead of me in our group. I was the guy behind Dave when he went down in the forest and no I didn't go down. I had ample distance between my bike and his and I was simply the first one to get to him quickly followed by many of our fellow riders that were there to help. Myself and another guy and gal (sorry I don't remember your names) were the last ones to leave after Dave went into the ambulance. I may not have the street time on my bike that you have but I started riding dirt bikes 33 years ago, so I had fair knowledge of how to ride when I got on the street a couple a years ago. But, at no time have I ever said nor do I believe that I am an expert rider. NO, I'm far from it! No matter how good I become, I'll always have room to learn more. And I'm not immune to going down, it could happen to any of us at any time. So put out your flame Roberto, I wasn't flaming you. I honestly don't remember seeing you in our group, it was a big group. My post was in reference to others in our group that I believe should have been in the 3rd group because of there riding habits. And I must not be the only one who had this experience. At least a couple others posted that they agreed with my post.

I'll tell you Roberto, after leaving Daves accident, as bad as it was, when I came up on yours my heart just sunk. The cop that was there waved us on so we went to Yankees were we got word shortly after that you were at leased alive. I'm very happy to hear that you and Dave, pending his surgery today, will be ok.
One of the good guys.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #608
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Don't think I met you, but hoping for a speedy recovery for you Roberto and the others as well.

I appreciate your post also. It goes to show that no matter how much riding experience that you have that accidents can still happen.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #609
onewheelmoto

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
One of the good guys.
2nd that
onewheelmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #610
Jay SWAT
Keep it Rockin

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr, 86 GSXR1100, 92 GSXR600

I ended up sweeping the 2nd group as people broke off here and there. The group was so big that it was hard to tell what was happening with everybody.

Our group towards the back was getting kind of bunched up in the corners. I was on a silver 1000rr, in front of me was a Repsol 600 and a yellow and black R1 in front of him. The 3 of us were spacing out behind the pack to give us room to be able to dig into the corners a lil bit.

The second group may have just been too big or in all honestly could have been broken into a faster and slower group itself.

When i came up on the guy in the forest, there were already riders off their bikes helping the downed rider "Dave" (i believe that's his name?). Another rider said that dave flew by him right before that turn. It looked like he just went into the corner too hot and perhaps low sided.

Doing my best CSI analysis here.

His bike slammed into a tree a good distance from where he came off the road and he slammed his helmet into a tree about 15 or 20 yards further down the road from where his bike hit.

His helmet was crushed in on top where he hit the tree and his jacket had been torn open from not being zipped up all the way with shredded shirt underneath.

We didn't wanna move him at all but he was face down in the dirt and was having trouble breathing. Myself and 4 other people (2 of which were medical field) turned him over keeping his body straight as possible.

Fortunately no blood that we were aware of and he was able to move his legs and arms enough that we knew he wasn't paralyzed.

I don't know the guy and i didn't see the actuall crash so i'm not gonna flame the guy.

Thanks Joe and others for puttin in all the work on the ride. I don't even think i got to officially meet a lot of the people out there but i did meet a few of yall.

I appreciate all the pics people took. I made it into quite a few of them so thanks for that. And thanks to whoever got the pic of the guys pickin Jeffs bike up off the ground. Priceless!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #611
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Thanks for the input Jay Swat. I will keep the size and varying experience levels in mind on the next HUGE roll out. Just curious, I was under the impression some people from group 2 stopped at the Texaco at 105 and 149 before we entered the forest, did you see any of that?
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #612
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Sounds like a bunch of n00bs riding especially Maxgs and that Nox dude!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #613
Jay SWAT
Keep it Rockin

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr, 86 GSXR1100, 92 GSXR600

Yeah i did see 3 guys stop off. They pulled up at the accident site a bit after the cop had got on the scene.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #614
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Ok thanks. I guess I've got to add another point to my list.
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #615
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Thanks for the input Jay Swat. I will keep the size and varying experience levels in mind on the next HUGE roll out.
In yours and everyone else defence, no one had any idea how big this thing was getting. I think a couple days before you had maybe 40 bikes signed up.

In hindsight, guess we should have known being a nice day and a holiday that peeps were going to pop up.. next time we know better how to plan for the turnout.

This thread is about done... where's the signup sheet for the 2009 Annual July 4th Yankees Sportbike Cruise?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #616
1fastchevy
Bout Time

Bike(s):

did anyone ever find his bike ? his buddy said they didn't know who had it
1fastchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #617
pana BB1100

Bike(s):
CBR 1100XX

I'm happy everyone that went down is OK, my GF and I had a blast. This was her first ride with a big group and was one to remember. We are recommending that in the future all riders have the phone # of a person we can contact in the event they go down. Something like “ICE" In Case of Emergency saved in their cell phone so we can advise someone of what happen and make arrangement...
pana BB1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #618
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pana BB1100 View Post
I'm happy everyone that went down is OK, my GF and I had a blast. This was her first ride with a big group and was one to remember. We are recommending that in the future all riders have the phone # of a person we can contact in the event they go down. Something like “ICE" In Case of Emergency saved in their cell phone so we can advise someone of what happen and make arrangement...
Very good idea... and you can take it one step farther and have some dog tags made with your info including any allergies and blood type.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #619
pana BB1100

Bike(s):
CBR 1100XX

Or tell everyone to write their info in a paper and put it in the inner pocket of their jacket...
pana BB1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #620
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
blood type on back of helmet, contact info, blood type ON THE BACK OF THE LICENSE so when they try to ID you they feel the sticker and know who to contact... I have two contacts

Advertisement