MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #581
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
they guy in the forest, was he riding w the green zx? Left early a good hour before the remainder of the group left?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th of July jimmy the gent The Circus 2 07-08-2014 05:05 PM
Anyone want to ride after July 4th? noy609 Cruisers Lounge 1 06-12-2013 05:05 AM
4th of july... obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 27 07-04-2012 12:34 PM
4th of july pester Off Topic 3 07-04-2012 07:56 AM
July 4th weekend CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 06-28-2005 04:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #582
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
they guy in the forest, was he riding w the green zx? Left early a good hour before the remainder of the group left?
No...he was on a gsxr I think. He was with the group that ended up in the forest on the way to Yanks.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #583
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

This is the guy that went down hard in the Forest... Does anyone know him? We know his name, but that is it. Anyone know how he is??

dave 1[/IMG]

Lee Harvey Oswald: Where are you when we need you?
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #584
RobertoMorales

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
SUSUKI GSXR 750

Send a message via MSN to RobertoMorales
I just got finished reading through all of the posts. I didn’t realize I was so popular I’ll try to respond to everything that I read.

First, the photo posted by BigPat728 (Post #436) is me. Thanks so much for posting it. I love it. This is the last picture of my girlfriend before I dumped her. I was planning on breaking up with her anyway b/c I fell in love with a hot little R-1

I read many posts questioning my choice to ride in Group 2, many posts suggesting that I would have been better off in group 3 and other posts discussing my “ego”. A little bit of background on me…I have been riding motorcycles for 15 years. I have been in Houston and riding with this and other groups for the past 4. I usually ride every Sunday and have ridden these roads many times. This particular bike (my fourth) had almost 20,000 miles on it. Until Friday, I have never had an accident on a motorcycle. This by no means makes me an expert rider, but I feel pretty comfortable stating that I’m a little bit beyond a beginner. I started the ride with one other friend (who headed back early) and we decided together to ride in group 2. I believe, based on our experience levels, this was the correct choice.

I would love to tell you all what happened, what I did wrong, what went wrong with the bike, what was on the road, whatever…unfortunately, all I remember was enjoying the ride and then waking up in the hospital. I have no recollection of the accident whatsoever. Again, thanks to everyone who stopped and helped. NOX – I saw your post and appreciate it. A HUGE thanks to Joe for making the call to my wife and getting my bike home. One thing I can say to everyone, WEAR YOUR GEAR. I am walking, ok hobbling, proof that it works.

OTRA599 – I am sorry to hear that you fell behind me. I don’t know you. I don’t know your riding history or your experience level. And I definitely don’t appreciate your remarks. You, not me, are responsible for your ride. My understanding is that our bikes made no contact. Instead of blaming the people around you for your fall, perhaps you should be considering what you could have done differently to avoid your accident. Maybe you were so busy trying to push to pass me, that you didn’t leave yourself enough space between bikes. I don’t know. Accidents happen. To everyone. Experienced and not. If there is anyone on this board who thinks that they are beyond having an accident on a motorcycle, perhaps you should consider another sport. Caligonetx said it best…check out Post #418 “I can’t ride their bike for them; I need to spend my interests in riding my own.” Enough Said.

Also, I am not interested in having a public battle with you or anyone else. If anyone, including you, has any information regarding my accident, I would be very interested in hearing it. PM me.

Most important, I am glad to hear that all of the riders who fell that day are fine. This was an unbelievable ride put together by great people. I am looking forward to riding with all of you again soon. Be careful and bless.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #585
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
This is the guy that went down hard in the Forest... Does anyone know him? We know his name, but that is it. Anyone know how he is??

dave 1[/IMG]
This was posted by his friend/relative in the introduction section.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58396
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #586
kdub
Who needs > Two Wheels?

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Tribal 600RR - Sold
Wide Glide - Harley - Sold
TTR90
SV1000
What to buy next.....Hmmmm

Roberto,

Good to see you post up, glad to hear you are alright.
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #587
maxgs

Member Garage

Happy to hear you are ok, Roberto.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #588
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post

dave 1[/IMG]

yes I've met him before at a couple of m&g's. its xdeviousdavex. I'm sorry to hear about this. if anyone has any info please post up
Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #589
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Robert I appreciate your candidness. I was not at the scene so unfortunately I have no new info for you. What I can for sure say, is 3090 is a road that while extremely fun, can be challenging. You are not the first to go down on that corner. It is a decreasing radius turn, and if you are not ready, could eat you up quick. I feel awful you went down on something I organized, but as Cali stated, I can't ride the bike for you. If you could please pm me, and if you remember what were the circumstances for you being ahead of me?
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #590
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Im relieved to hear you are doing okay; Never good news to hear about unfortunate situations such as that. Be patient in recovery and by my experience(and unfortunately its going on 14yrs) listen and do what the physical therapist says... I fought that silly stuff all the time, ended up hurting myself further by not building up my ankle, shoulder and back.

Thanx for responding to posts from your concerned MHers... we been patient but eager to hear good news from the horses' mouth.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #591
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Roberto.. glad to hear you are ok. From experience the worst falls are the ones you can't remember what happened. At least when you can look back and disect it, you can usually put a finger on what happened. Sounds like in this case you got your bell rung pretty good.

I remember Pigpens spill behind me last year; he and I still don't know 100% what happened other than his bike decided it didn't want him anymore...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #592
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I dont think OTRA went down. In fact, I KNOW he did not.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #593
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

Thx Tiatool! for the link!

Lee Harvey Oswald: Where are you when we need you?
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #594
Fern_ZX6E
Dominimexorican

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki ZX-12R
1998 Kawasaki ZX-6E (RIP)
2007 Yamaha R1 Raven (Sold)
1994 Kawasaki ZX-9R (Sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to Fern_ZX6E
If its OK by Roberto, does anyone have pics of the bike after it was totalled? You can probably see how it impacted the tree from those pics, if possible. I just want to learn from others mistakes.

Roberto, I am glad you are OK. I wish that would have never happened to you or the others, I myself had a close call that day!! I wish you a speedy and safe recovery so you can ride once more!!

Dios te bendiga!!
Fern_ZX6E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #595
ccalvin
what what in the ?

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2020 yamaha ninja gsxr 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmart2 View Post
yes I've met him before at a couple of m&g's. its xdeviousdavex. I'm sorry to hear about this. if anyone has any info please post up
holy ..he's my longtime friend and riding buddy from highschool..i heard a red and black gsxr 750 was one of the bikes that went down and my heart just sank.. i'm going to try to get some info if possible.. if anyone knows where he's at right now or how he's doing please please pm me.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #596
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoMorales View Post
I just got finished reading through all of the posts. I didn’t realize I was so popular I’ll try to respond to everything that I read.

First, the photo posted by BigPat728 (Post #436) is me. Thanks so much for posting it. I love it. This is the last picture of my girlfriend before I dumped her. I was planning on breaking up with her anyway b/c I fell in love with a hot little R-1

I read many posts questioning my choice to ride in Group 2, many posts suggesting that I would have been better off in group 3 and other posts discussing my “ego”. A little bit of background on me…I have been riding motorcycles for 15 years. I have been in Houston and riding with this and other groups for the past 4. I usually ride every Sunday and have ridden these roads many times. This particular bike (my fourth) had almost 20,000 miles on it. Until Friday, I have never had an accident on a motorcycle. This by no means makes me an expert rider, but I feel pretty comfortable stating that I’m a little bit beyond a beginner. I started the ride with one other friend (who headed back early) and we decided together to ride in group 2. I believe, based on our experience levels, this was the correct choice.

I would love to tell you all what happened, what I did wrong, what went wrong with the bike, what was on the road, whatever…unfortunately, all I remember was enjoying the ride and then waking up in the hospital. I have no recollection of the accident whatsoever. Again, thanks to everyone who stopped and helped. NOX – I saw your post and appreciate it. A HUGE thanks to Joe for making the call to my wife and getting my bike home. One thing I can say to everyone, WEAR YOUR GEAR. I am walking, ok hobbling, proof that it works.

OTRA599 – I am sorry to hear that you fell behind me. I don’t know you. I don’t know your riding history or your experience level. And I definitely don’t appreciate your remarks. You, not me, are responsible for your ride. My understanding is that our bikes made no contact. Instead of blaming the people around you for your fall, perhaps you should be considering what you could have done differently to avoid your accident. Maybe you were so busy trying to push to pass me, that you didn’t leave yourself enough space between bikes. I don’t know. Accidents happen. To everyone. Experienced and not. If there is anyone on this board who thinks that they are beyond having an accident on a motorcycle, perhaps you should consider another sport. Caligonetx said it best…check out Post #418 “I can’t ride their bike for them; I need to spend my interests in riding my own.” Enough Said.

Also, I am not interested in having a public battle with you or anyone else. If anyone, including you, has any information regarding my accident, I would be very interested in hearing it. PM me.

Most important, I am glad to hear that all of the riders who fell that day are fine. This was an unbelievable ride put together by great people. I am looking forward to riding with all of you again soon. Be careful and bless.
Roberto, i'm glad to hear your ok. two of my friends were right behind you when you went down. i will ask them what happen that day again. i don't want the story to be wrong and people getting mad. that is how i know it was you that went down. they showed me your picture.

get well soon

pat
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #597
joseephous
Lil Wolf

Bike(s):
02 ZX7R

Send a message via AIM to joseephous
Info on xdeviousdavex

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmart2 View Post
Dave Shah aka xdeviousdavex is doing okay. He is in Memorial Herman Hospital in the Houston Medical Center. He will be going into surgery to repair his C7 fractured vertebrae tomorrow morning. He also sustained a couple of fractured ribs along with two other fractured bones. He was wondering if anyone knows where his ’06 Red/Black GSXR 750 is. He believes that someone is holding it for him so he would not incur impound charges. Please PM me if you have any information. Thanks.
joseephous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #598
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

glad to hear your ok roberto, I was on scene shortly after your accident, and have been hoping for the best since. If theres anything i can do to help you get your wheels back in order please pm me.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #599
skmart2
Stephanie

Bike(s):
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

[QUOTE=joseephous;1295349]Dave Shah aka xdeviousdavex is doing okay. He is in Memorial Herman Hospital in the Houston Medical Center. He will be going into surgery to repair his C7 fractured vertebrae tomorrow morning. He also sustained a couple of fractured ribs along with two other fractured bones. He was wondering if anyone knows where his
Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #600
skmart2
Stephanie

Bike(s):
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

sorry I'm posting this from my phone so please ignore the attempt above^^^

thanks for posting the info regarding Dave's condition. I'm hoping to visit him or at least send him a care package or something. keep us posted please

Advertisement