MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #481
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Hahaha first off I didn't represent . I took exactly what you said and posted it. It wasn't private material and I didn't take it out of context. Second, 150-170 mph on public roads is reasonable? Wake up old man. STFU? Who the f*ck are you?
Go back to sleep.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th of July jimmy the gent The Circus 2 07-08-2014 05:05 PM
Anyone want to ride after July 4th? noy609 Cruisers Lounge 1 06-12-2013 05:05 AM
4th of july... obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 27 07-04-2012 12:34 PM
4th of july pester Off Topic 3 07-04-2012 07:56 AM
July 4th weekend CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 06-28-2005 04:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #482
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
LETS KEEP IT RESPECTFUL FRIENDS...

IF U GUYS HAVE INDIFFERENCES THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT W OFF A PUBLIC FORUM
Old 07-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #483
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
LETS KEEP IT RESPECTFUL FRIENDS...

IF U GUYS HAVE INDIFFERENCES THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT W OFF A PUBLIC FORUM
Hence the PM's we exchanged. Then he decides to post it. Nice.

Some people ride, some people post.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #484
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
About that... I'm not doing myself justice then... hahahaha...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 07-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #485
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
By the looks of us, you spend a good bit more time sitting at a PC then I do buddy
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #486
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
Perhaps it was the group of d*mned vultures in the road, or the stray dog, or the tree branches in the corner. Nice that everybody was looking ahead and none of those things caused us a problem.

-Curt
i think that might have been it. i understand how we ride fast. people are talking shiznit about it. but they weren't there. it's not we were in traffic, couldn't see what was coming up. all i know is that we rode fast and it was fun. i know if someone has a open road and can see all the way down. they're going to open it up sooner or later.
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #487
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

IMO Jay made a no no by posting triple digit speeds on this forum. I am going to PM him directly and let him know that is not cool. The riders in the lightning group are experienced flyers who know the road and how to handle those speeds. How Jay got in that group is beyond me, and maybe he shouldn't have been. That said, it is personal prefference as to how fast one wants to ride, plain and simple. The lightning group was far away from any newb or even intermediate rider, and had any of them been with that group, it would have taken 5 seconds to figure out they were in over their head. I would say please let's just keep it at that.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #488
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Perhaps it was the group of d*mned vultures in the road, or the stray dog, or the tree branches in the corner. Nice that everybody was looking ahead and none of those things caused us a problem.

-Curt
I hate those stupid big birds.. I've almost ate them once or twice myself.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #489
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
i think that might have been it. i understand how we ride fast. people are talking shiznit about it. but they weren't there. it's not we were in traffic, couldn't see what was coming up. all i know is that we rode fast and it was fun. i know if someone has a open road and can see all the way down. they're going to open it up soon or later.
werd. its gonna happen no matter what. no matter what you do or how you do it youre gonna get preached at by somebody. we just gotta let it roll off our backs, because weather they like it or not, we're/theyre/youre still gonna do it. just make sure you come home in one piece ON the bike is all i hope for.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #490
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
By the looks of us, you spend a good bit more time sitting at a PC then I do buddy
Na, not in front of a PC. But, I'll bet I have turds bigger than you. Just call me Buddha.

-Curt
Old 07-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #491
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Na, not in front of a PC. But, I'll bet I have turds bigger than you. Just call me Buddha.

-Curt
Not something to be proud of

Not sure how your diaper got all to begin with, I didn't take your comment out of context and I didn't post anything that was "private material." Whatever, if you want to act like a tool, then do your thing.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #492
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Not something to be proud of

Not sure how your diaper got all to begin with, I didn't take your comment out of context and I didn't post anything that was "private material." Whatever, if you want to act like a tool, then do your thing.

~Keith
Really. Cutting and pasting out of a PM. PM means Private Message, sonny. Enough of this. You are not worth the energy. Go preach to somebody else. And don't forget to post.

-Curt
Old 07-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #493
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
werd. its gonna happen no matter what. no matter what you do or how you do it youre gonna get preached at by somebody. we just gotta let it roll off our backs, because weather they like it or not, we're/theyre/youre still gonna do it. just make sure you come home in one piece ON the bike is all i hope for.
Azylum i know what you mean. we still havn't got to ride together yet. what's up with that?

i guess some people don't understand we r motorcycle riders. not squids. we all look out for one another. joe used the f word in his speach today about gear. it's not like him to do that. it's just that we need to get the point around that we're not trying to look cool, we don't ride down the freeway with our helmets on the back of our bikes.

joe puts on good rides not races
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #494
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
joe puts on good rides not races
That right there is the bottom line. No trophy at the end.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #495
kdub
Who needs > Two Wheels?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Tribal 600RR - Sold
Wide Glide - Harley - Sold
TTR90
SV1000
What to buy next.....Hmmmm

Checking in. Home Safe. I have been spending the day with the Family. You know July 4th stuff. I think today was well organized and alot of fun. Good to meet all or the new folks. To those of you who keep saying you won't come because?????? Why not come and help us split into more groups, if you are an experienced rider? Why do you keep those that are trying to pass something on to the new guy? Thanks alot TiaTool. I had a great time. Keep it real Maxgs I learn from you every time we ride.
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #496
BusaDave

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2007 Hayabusa

Great ride Guys! I had a blast and look forward to more. Thanks Tiatool for setting it up and CaliGoneTx for leading the third group. I saw someone had posted that no one wants to be in the beginner group. I respectfully disagree, we had a good size group and didn't force anyone into it. It was a great ride back in the third group and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Made it back safe but am going to have to head to Motorcycles Unlimited before the next ride for a new back tire. Also, I would like to complain about everyone who has a loud aftermarket exhaust that is going to make me replace my soft spoken stock exhaust. I am going to officially blame peer pressure when my wife asks me why my Busa looks different and the bank account is missing a bunch of money!

Again, great ride, met alot of good people and can't wait to make the next ride.

Dave
BusaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #497
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaDave View Post
Great ride Guys! I had a blast and look forward to more. Thanks Tiatool for setting it up and CaliGoneTx for leading the third group. I saw someone had posted that no one wants to be in the beginner group. I respectfully disagree, we had a good size group and didn't force anyone into it. It was a great ride back in the third group and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Made it back safe but am going to have to head to Motorcycles Unlimited before the next ride for a new back tire. Also, I would like to complain about everyone who has a loud aftermarket exhaust that is going to make me replace my soft spoken stock exhaust. I am going to officially blame peer pressure when my wife asks me why my Busa looks different and the bank account is missing a bunch of money!

Again, great ride, met alot of good people and can't wait to make the next ride.

Dave

don't spend any money.... hack you stock cans like I did.  JSP1495
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #498
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
don't spend any money.... hack you stock cans like I did.  JSP1495
oh my gosh! is that a '51 gmc in the background of the photo of your bike???
Old 07-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #499
chase
LOCTITE

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

had a great time, hadnt taken this particular route before so i got in 3rd group and stayed right behind cali for most of it. its crazy how much u can learn about cornering from just being behind riders like the leaders we had today. and even though i only rode behind matt, im sure the other leaders were exactly like he was, constantly making sure nobody is getting left behind.

rode back through the forest with brooklyn and ended up running into
a guy on a blue gixxer, he said his screen name but...it was really long

brooklyn plugged his tire for him and i followed him to his place just to make sure that double-plugged tire made it haha

overall it was a great ride and i would have absolutely no delay in going on any rides that joe puts on...great riding and hanging out with a bunch of people that love the same thing you do
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #500
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Made it home OK. I left early because I worked all night and was starting to feel a little flat. Wish I could of riden back with the group but felt that I would probably not have been safe doing so.

Biggest ride I have ever been on so far. Fun stuff. Getting lost was part of the adventure. Thanks to all.

Ken

Advertisement