MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #461
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Don't assume, I pointed out the thread it came from. In the thread he clearly states he was one of the guys riding with the fast group. Nothing against you Tiatool, I've heard nothing but good things about your rides and your ability to organize & lead them. I just can't understand why someone would even want to do 150+ on a backroad like that, especially for extended periods of time.
it happens
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th of July jimmy the gent The Circus 2 07-08-2014 05:05 PM
Anyone want to ride after July 4th? noy609 Cruisers Lounge 1 06-12-2013 05:05 AM
4th of july... obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 27 07-04-2012 12:34 PM
4th of july pester Off Topic 3 07-04-2012 07:56 AM
July 4th weekend CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 06-28-2005 04:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #462
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Not gonna argue semantics. Hitting 150 and cruising at that speed are entirely different things. I can get to over 160 and back down in under a mile or so from a stop; ain't nothing to come off a corner at 80-90 and twist the wrist a bit for the next straight. Not my style, but since the majority are adults, if they choose to take off and do that on their own, that is up to them.
Agreed, 150 is not unheard of for bikes of our nature. Everyone is guilty of goosing it up to some excessive speed and then coming back down to earth. But the way the guy was talking it came off as if they averaged **** for the ride, and he even hit **** at one point.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 07-05-2008 at 07:01 AM. Reason: no posting of illegal speeds
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #463
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Don't assume, I pointed out the thread it came from. In the thread he clearly states he was one of the guys riding with the fast group. Nothing against you Tiatool, I've heard nothing but good things about your rides and your ability to organize & lead them. I just can't understand why someone would even want to do 150+ on a backroad like that, especially for extended periods of time.

We've ridden together before, and I like you very much. You are welcome on any ride I put on for sure!
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #464
cyrick21
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmart2 View Post
it's thanks to guys like caligonetx, tiatool, maxgs, brooklyn, hooligan, cdill, kdub and several others that I've grown as much as I have as a rider in such a short time. they put together some great rides and really show the noobs some how it's done out there and give as many tips as one can think of before the ride even begins.

they've always kept the pace at appropriate speeds; but there are always people who feel the need to prove just how fast they can go and that's not something the leaders/sweepers can control.

just my $0.02
Agreed.

Every ride I have been on with this group has always been well organized, and there are only so many things that can be done to help decrease the chances of something happening.

But by the time we are on the road and riding it is up to the rider then to make their own decisions and choose if they are going to listen to the warnings repeated over and over at the pre-ride meeting.

http://cyrick21.mybrute.com/
cyrick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #465
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Thanks Matt, right back at ya
Remember the lake livingston ride you made? that I couldn't make....

How u doin'....
Old 07-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #466
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Agreed, 150 is not unheard of for bikes of our nature. Everyone is guilty of goosing it up to some excessive speed and then coming back down to earth. But the way the guy was talking it came off as if they averaged **** for the ride, and he even hit *** at one point.
Well that's not how I read it, and it's edited now. Either way, they made their choice how to ride, seperate from the majority; others chose the slower groups, others chose to stay home. I got the feeling he would make a different choice next time, knowing what he knows now.

That's the great part about this country, the ability to choose.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 07-05-2008 at 07:02 AM.
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #467
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
We've ridden together before, and I like you very much. You are welcome on any ride I put on for sure!
I got a letter from a secret admirer(thread coming soon), it wasn't you was it

Thanks for the kind words sir
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 07-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #468
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
Remember the lake livingston ride you made? that I couldn't make....

How u doin'....
I forgot you didn't make that one, I was thinking you had. I had pointed out Jared's lack of gear because that fool never wears any, he actually came on my Livingston ride
Old 07-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #469
Orion85

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 ZX-6R

off roading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
that guy was in a single vehicle accident. he didnt take anyone out. there were no other bikes around him or any off riders for that matter.
I believe the second bike just went off-roading

Either way thanks to everyone for a massive turn out, and a great ride.

Cali, thanks for being the camera man as usual.

It surprises me that there are so many people that do not have an understanding their abilities.

"I you know can't do, then don't do it" DEE-DUH-DEE
Orion85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #470
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

That's the great part about this country, the ability to choose.

And on that note: HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!
tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #471
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
I forgot you didn't make that one, I was thinking you had. I had pointed out Jared's lack of gear because that fool never wears any, he actually came on my Livingston ride
I told him two days in a row... he wears helmet and Harley vinyl when it rains... He rides everyday.... go figure...
Old 07-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #472
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

HOLY FREAKIN WOW! thats alot of bikes!!! glad you guys had fun and sorry for those who went down. glad nobody was seriously hurt, but youll make another day!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #473
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs
There are quite a few people on the board that are pushing the "group rides are dangerous" agenda.
I challenge anybody to find my statement in any thread on the board. Why, because I sent it to DvlRacer in a private message. Nice that he chose to misrepresent it.

And, now DvlRacer, it is crystal clear that you and a few other folks have taken upon yourself to decide how other people should ride as well as what is reasonable. Did anybody who was on the fast ride actually ask for your opinion? If not, STFU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Rome
I ride a GXR-750 and the speeds we were riding at were over ****; my top today was **** and at times i was out of my seat going over some of the rises in the road.
With all due respect, Jay, if you happened to have been riding fast and you weren't comfortable, slow the heck down. You are the one in control of the throttle, nobody else. We stopped at regular intervals to regroup.

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 07-05-2008 at 07:03 AM. Reason: no posting of illegal speeds
Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #474
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

jury may still be out... awaiting word from those who went to hospital/ambulance
Old 07-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #475
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Definitely welcome, but you'll perhaps be more comfortable in the cruiser group.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #476
Orion85

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 ZX-6R

edit:
"If you know you can't do it, then don't do it"

I guess thats the problem, they don't know
Orion85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #477
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
i was in the fast group. i waved guys to pass me by when i wasn't comfortable. i'm sure i waved jay-rome by also. so he should have seen how it works. for some reason i was spooked today. that why i was in back of the pack
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #478
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
i was in the fast group. i waved guys to pass me by when i wasn't comfortable.
^^^intelligent rider...

Considered others as well as himself
Old 07-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #479
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
i was in the fast group. i waved guys to pass me by when i wasn't comfortable. i'm sure i waved jay-rome by also. so he should have seen how it works. for some reason i was spooked today. that why i was in back of the pack
Perhaps it was the group of d*mned vultures in the road, or the stray dog, or the tree branches in the corner. Nice that everybody was looking ahead and none of those things caused us a problem.

-Curt
Old 07-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #480
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Did anybody who was on the fast ride actually ask for your opinion? If not, STFU.
Hahaha first off I didn't represent . I took exactly what you said and posted it. It wasn't private material and I didn't take it out of context. Second, 150-170 mph on public roads is reasonable? Wake up old man. STFU? Who the f*ck are you?

Advertisement