MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #401
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwezy View Post
thanks Tiatool-Texlurch-CaliTex....all leaders-sweepers for great ride today,nice to meet all "MH bike Riders".see yall next time !!! happy 4th july 08
Pleasure to meet you... and the fact that we work so close to eachother and in the same field, means we need to do lunch sometime.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th of July jimmy the gent The Circus 2 07-08-2014 05:05 PM
Anyone want to ride after July 4th? noy609 Cruisers Lounge 1 06-12-2013 05:05 AM
4th of july... obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 27 07-04-2012 12:34 PM
4th of july pester Off Topic 3 07-04-2012 07:56 AM
July 4th weekend CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 06-28-2005 04:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #402
skmart2
Stephanie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Last edited by skmart2; 07-04-2008 at 04:35 PM.
skmart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #403
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
I missed you steph!
aw man :( I think I passsed you on the way back on 3090??? wish I woul have hung out @ yankees a bit longer...the ride out to gtown sucked! and plus, I would have gotten to see ya
Old 07-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #404
1badzx12r
SHREK

Bike(s):
2001 joker custom

Man that was a kickass ride, def the best I've been on so far, and except for the $10 nachos, the the guy's that spilled out, the most uncomfortable seat in the motorcycling industry, the sopping wet 1 1/2 hr ride home, and that guy that turned gay, it was an awesome ride and can't wait to do it again... really sux for all those that missed it... newayz... HAPPY 4TH to everyone, see yall on the next one...

P.S. Props to all the guys on 45 s who rode in the rain all the way...yeah wees hardcore

Its peanut butter jelly time!!!
1badzx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #405
qwezy

yes great Matt !!!!! but my wife always make me lunch,save that $ for "riding gas" haha.we'll meet for lunch surely:
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #406
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs
There are quite a few people on the board that are pushing the "group rides are dangerous" agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Rome View Post
I ride a GXR-750 and the speeds we were riding at ****; my top today was **** and at times i was out of my seat going over some of the rises in the road.

I wonder why
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 07-05-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: no posting of illegal speeds/we don't want to know k thx
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #407
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

There were others w cameras... Due your community ur service and post em up...

BTW, we had the largest Yamaha/GSXR turn out today and the most busas for a forest ride too... My baby was shedding a tear at one time...hahaha
Old 07-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #408
Warpbender
warped and bent

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #409
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I wonder why
Group 1 information is provided before the ride is started. And since they hadn't had any wrecks to speak of yet, they are omitted...

Its the group 3/2 problem that causes wrecks. Group three has the strictest rules about speeds, corners, etc, which I enforce to the limit. If its your first forest ride, you are in 3rd group for the first stretch. We always slow down w hand gestures and lights flashing at the problem points and we still have incidents. We allow people to pass the 3rd group if they feel they need more speed.

Still, no matter the precautions things will happen on the road and people will be tested(almost always its an avoidance issue gone wrong.)

I have yet to see a in either group bring the group into a corner too hot/out of control(not to say they're perfect everyone hiccups) nor a sweeper leave anyone....

FYI to those who asked; I didn't break out the beat-a-stick when someone went down like I previously posted I would
Old 07-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #410
repsol77

Bike(s):
07 1000rr

Hey all!! I had a blast today! I think we did the best with what the circumstances were. I am down for any other rides. And if anyone ever wants to ride hit me up anytime. Im in the woodlands.
repsol77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #411
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
Group 1 information is provided before the ride is started. And since they hadn't had any wrecks to speak of yet, they are omitted...
No they're not. Once on of them does go down it won't be an "incident" like in groups 3/2, it'll be an RIP thread.

Quote:
Its the group 3/2 problem that causes wrecks. Group three has the strictest rules about speeds, corners, etc, which I enforce to the limit. If its your first forest ride, you are in 3rd group for the first stretch. We always slow down w hand gestures and lights flashing at the problem points and we still have incidents. We allow people to pass the 3rd group if they feel they need more speed.
What was up with the guy w/o a helmet, no jacket, and skate shoes in the picture?

Quote:
Still, no matter the precautions things will happen on the road and people will be tested(almost always its an avoidance issue gone wrong.)
Hope that never happens to the dudes in group 1....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #412
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Why is it I go to the 290 meeting place to meet everyone from Spring and the Woodlands? We had this ride for months!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW Repsol77... ur Amanda's friend that ate w us at Rockfish months ago?
Old 07-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #413
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Even though you guys had a few off roaders, I'm glad the roads were good and enjoyed..

Tiatool, after seeing the size of the pack I'm glad we chose 362 and not the tighter twistier back way.. we'll save that for another day and smaller group.

And it appears to be time to do some more beginner rides to get people comfortable on the curves and in packs.. hard to "know your pace" when you haven't figured it out yet.

So who wants to make this an annual thing? Next year we'll plan it out better and have all the groups come down different routes to end at the same place.

Although... 80-90 sportbikes rolling down the road in a pack is a pretty rare sight..
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #414
Warpbender
warped and bent

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsol77 View Post
Hey all!! I had a blast today! I think we did the best with what the circumstances were. I am down for any other rides. And if anyone ever wants to ride hit me up anytime. Im in the woodlands.
It was nice to meet you today!
Nice bike btw!

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #415
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

I dont understand the need to haul on these rides? ESPECIALLY with this many people... Why not just cruise at speed limits or a tad above? Enjoy the scenery and people....come back safe.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #416
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I dont understand the need to haul on these rides? ESPECIALLY with this many people... Why not just cruise at speed limits or a tad above? Enjoy the scenery and people....come back safe.
Truthfully from what I've heard, the "fast" group was pretty small, and policed themselves well. Those are experienced/track riders who ride together anyhow.

And I personally think it was a great idea to split into smaller groups, so everyone could enjoy at their own pace.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #417
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
No they're not. Once on of them does go down it won't be an "incident" like in groups 3/2, it'll be an RIP thread.

What was up with the guy w/o a helmet, no jacket, and skate shoes in the picture?

Hope that never happens to the dudes in group 1....
I cant ride their bike for them; I need to spend my interests in riding my own. As for gear, I believe in it but this goes back to the discussion earlier in this thread about how to deal w people that dont wear equipment. If you ban them from the ride they can just ride behind you or with you still. He agreed to ride in the very back minus sweeper. He was told before the ride several times to wear a helmet and jacket too.

The guy that actually went down in group 3 today didn't have a jacket on. That was discussed by our leader w strong and vulgar words(following an apology) at the 290 take off point. Sometimes people need to learn the hard way. I understand priorities may not allow you to purchase one but nor is bone repair or skin graff inexpensive.

As for Jarod, everyone knows Harleys have an invisible safety bubble.... Busas a half bubble
Old 07-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #418
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
i hope the the guys on 3090 waiting to get their bikes towed made it home ok

Last edited by bigpat728; 07-04-2008 at 05:29 PM.
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #419
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post

For those that wanted to haul there was a group provided. They went off and did their own thing. I saw those guys at the NW meet spot and that was it, not even at Yankees. Also, I would like to note, they were the only group without an incident, so read what you like out of that. Not saying it is best, but for those who want to flame out the faster guys, well, they all stayed on the road. I stressed to everyone at the meeting that we wait for everyone, so there is no reason to feel the need to keep up. But what can we do when people want to go slow in the corners then fast in the straits? It should be the other way around. It is my intention to set up a safe and fun experience.

DVLRACER: I tried to find where you got that 160mph quote. I went back from pg. 15 and beyond. Did it come from this thread?
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #420
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpat728 View Post
We encountered another rider on the way home who was down when we arrived. He was not part of our large ride. Down pretty hard on a suzuki. Talking and coherent, but waiting for medical assistance. Bike will need a lot of work, not ridable.

he was part of our group. the left the group in the forest
So he was/was not part of the group?

Advertisement