Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

MotoGP: Schwantz team is no go

Quote:
KEVIN SCHWANTZ has ruled out a sensational switch from Suzuki to Honda or another marque, after his GP team management hopes have been continually thwarted.
Schwantz had been working to try and find a seat for double AMA Superbike champion Ben Spies, and a senior team role for himself, either with the factory team or an independent Suzuki with Jorge “Aspar” Martinez. The first option has so far been blocked from within the team, and the second has been definitely closed down, with Suzuki declining to make bikes available for even one extra rider.

Now rumours linked Schwantz with an approach to Honda to run a satellite team, but the 1993 500cc World Champion and career-long Suzuki rider ruled it out, when asked directly at Assen if he was looking for another machine.

“Not necessarily,” he replied. “My heart, soul, my career's been with Suzuki. I'd like to stay there.

“But if I've got people coming to me that say they want to be involved, in something that I'm involved in, it's hard for me to keep watching.

“It's just talk. I haven't got money in the bank. But it's hard to keep saying, maybe something's happening with the third bike. It's getting to the point where I'm kinda looking silly, because people are coming to me asking questions and I don't have any answers,” he continued.

“I understand why Suzuki's not going with the third bike, with the way the economy is.

“For Ben, I've told him that if there's not a third bike from Suzuki, the probability of me having something is pretty slim. I said: 'you need to look after you'.

“He has his own agent, and his own processes. He'd like to be here, with the factory Suzuki team, but it that's not possible he can look elsewhere. If I had someone that wanted to be affiliated with him, I might send them in that direction. But I don't think I'm going to jump ship and go there.

“I'd like to bring funding here (to Suzuki), bring some help here. That's my first desire,” he concluded.
shame IMO
I admire his loyalty to Suzuki though
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote