MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #41
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
I applaud this. Every tome I come home on the bike going I45S some drunk SOB pulls into my lane. Every single time.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th of july weekend Yayo General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-03-2014 08:55 PM
Minnesota/Wisconsin July 4th Weekend morvegil Events, Meets and Rides 0 06-07-2011 09:23 PM
lake conroe july 4th weekend YZFracer212 Events, Meets and Rides 11 06-23-2008 11:03 PM
July 4th weekend CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 06-28-2005 04:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #42
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
= 1 A MILLION TIMES OVER^^^^^^
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #43
TexasChaos
Fiddyss fo lifeee!!!

Bike(s):
04 50, 07 50, 04 sixdirtysix, 06 1000RR, 02 gixxer 600, 1979 ct110

^^^^
And its always the worst when youre on the bike.
TexasChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #44
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Saving lives isn't justified?

Explain that one, Socrates!
easy. the simple term "saving lives" is very broad. from that standpoint, anything deemed "saving lives" gives government power to use any means needed to do so. that would conclude that making people stop doing anything potentially harmfull illegal. smoking kills ( I smoke very moderately) eating bad food (donuts) drinking at home, riding wheelies, all of these if stopped would save lives.
for the record, I have a drink in public about twice a year, and I don't drive drunk. I hate seeing idiots kill innocent people as much as the rest of you do. as a former popo I worked horrific accidents caused by alcohol, lack of sleep, distraction, and general stupidity.

hence, the end does not justify the means.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #45
Runner

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
SOLD

My 02 cents don't drive and drink period.... I have 2 just at 10 years apart first one cost me my job and $ 10.000 dollars and the one in 1989 and the last one in 1999 wich cost me around $ 15.000 dollars. many thats 2 sport bikes paid for there and I still got convicked both times..and did 100 days on the last on in the harris county hilton no fun at all
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #46
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
easy. the simple term "saving lives" is very broad. from that standpoint, anything deemed "saving lives" gives government power to use any means needed to do so. that would conclude that making people stop doing anything potentially harmfull illegal. smoking kills ( I smoke very moderately) eating bad food (donuts) drinking at home, riding wheelies, all of these if stopped would save lives.
for the record, I have a drink in public about twice a year, and I don't drive drunk. I hate seeing idiots kill innocent people as much as the rest of you do. as a former popo I worked horrific accidents caused by alcohol, lack of sleep, distraction, and general stupidity.

But as stated previously. You agreed to these terms when you signed for a drivers license. You gave up the right to refuse a blood test. If you didn't agree you should have not signed.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #47
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Just be careful peeps and think about your actions and reprocussions
Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #48
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:

This thread is quite specific... IT IS ABOUT DRUNKEN DRIVING, which causes fatal accidents... I'm not discussing seatbelts, speeding, racing, eating donuts (which I do ALOT!) etc...

Argue about an overall oppressive govt in another thread (I don't disagree with you on that topic; I'll jump in and support you there).

Last edited by Pre-K; 06-29-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #49
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

ok, well my point is that I find this "no refusal" repressive. this makes the guy behind the machine a judge. I'm not condoning driving drunk. I just don't like to see a law such as this, it gives the police WAY to much power. and no one, I mean no one drives drunker than cops. yup, I let that one out of the bag. masterbadge is what we used to call it. you trying to tell me you arrest every cop you've stopped who had a few beers? nope, professional courtesy extended. not you, I'm talking about the guys I have worked with, and went to schools with.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #50
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
ok, well my point is that I find this "no refusal" repressive. this makes the guy behind the machine a judge. I'm not condoning driving drunk. I just don't like to see a law such as this, it gives the police WAY to much power. and no one, I mean no one drives drunker than cops. yup, I let that one out of the bag. masterbadge is what we used to call it. you trying to tell me you arrest every cop you've stopped who had a few beers? nope, professional courtesy extended. not you, I'm talking about the guys I have worked with, and went to schools with.
An RN takes the blood, not teh po-po...

Yeah, everyone knows alot cops are drunks...

I'm telling you I don't arrest anyone for a few beers, just the people who are FUKKED up...
Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #51
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo3825 View Post
Death penalty for Drunk drivers. Lost friends because of stupid A$$ drunk drivers. Drink were you can stay or have a DD. If not I hope you die instead of innocent people. They have ruined my friends families and I know longer will see them again. So think before you get in a car and forbid you get on a bike.
I dont drink period. I am 100% sober. Long story. So I dont have to worry about this. But check this out. Back in the day, we were all out drinking. I was wasted, had drank way to much JD sour mash (the green label ). So I am in the back of the mustang, passed out. The driver, not drunk, makes an illegal turn and gets pulled over. I go to jail. Public Intoxication. Waddup with that?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #52
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
If you don't want your civil rights "violated" don't drive fukked up...

The majority of people here understand, but for those that don't... my signature says "PROFESSIONAL BABYSITTER" for a reason.

I totally agree. I have no tolerance for drunk driving. I usually let people do their thing, but I WILL call the popo when I see a drunk driver. Did it last month on 34th.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #53
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I dont drink period. I am 100% sober. Long story. So I dont have to worry about this. But check this out. Back in the day, we were all out drinking. I was wasted, had drank way to much JD sour mash (the green label ). So I am in the back of the mustang, passed out. The driver, not drunk, makes an illegal turn and gets pulled over. I go to jail. Public Intoxication. Waddup with that?
Coulda/woulda/shoulda fought that one... a jury woulda thrown it out.

Don't see how that fits "a danger to himself or others"...
Old 06-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #54
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Old 06-30-2008, 06:54 AM   #55
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealm0nsta View Post
i think this is a serious civil rights violation.
As an american i have every right to celebrate my americanism and plow through groups of pedestrians while chugging on a fifth of jack as i well please.
awesome

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement