MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 AM   #41
bignmz04
My better is better

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Unless every single one of you rides in full one piece with boots. please stfu.
Is he breaking the law? no.
Is he hurting you? no.

Dude on the d16 knows his limits and his risk tolerances. NO need for us to be his E-papa and teach him and the whole world right from wrong.

I understand that the bike has 200hp. well so does a busa with a tune and a pc. Do all busa riders wear PROPER gear? no. do we post about them? no

so he paid 70k for his bike. why does that matter? or is it more of a jealousy issue?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My sad.. sad build Z06 style Mark06gsxr Car Forum 177 06-10-2014 01:53 PM
Sad MH.. Sad. ArturoC Off Topic 3 03-19-2012 03:43 PM
Such a sad sad case Grinchy Off Topic 14 05-12-2011 11:10 AM
sad sad day!! yeffug General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-23-2009 05:26 PM
SaD SaD SaD....mini Bike Crash, Red Light Blowers... Reidlos General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-30-2007 06:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 AM   #42
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Going back to cali cali cali
Old 06-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #43
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
Is he hurting you? no.

Dude on the d16 knows his limits and his risk tolerances. NO need for us to be his E-papa and teach him and the whole world right from wrong.

I understand that the bike has 200hp. well so does a busa with a tune and a pc. Do all busa riders wear PROPER gear? no. do we post about them? no

so he paid 70k for his bike. why does that matter? or is it more of a jealousy issue?

i think u hit the nail on the head Nazzy ....

everyday there is all this talk of squid this and squid that. obviously these clowns down have a mirror.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:28 AM   #44
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
also, just remember that when someone goes down without gear, good chance it WILL affect you with health insurance somewhere along the line...

+ 1,000,000,000
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #45
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

people get seriously injured with gear as well. Insurance companies never ask nor care about gear.

PS. how are there not any pics of gear less riders on $70k choppers?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #46
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Is he hurting you? no.

I agree with everythng you said.

Except to argue semantics, it takes way more than a tune and a PC to get an honest 200 hp out of a Busa, even a new one.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #47
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
Is he hurting you? no.

Jealous.
A little bit
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #48
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
I agree with everythng you said.

Except to argue semantics, it takes way more than a tune and a PC to get an honest 200 hp out of a Busa, even a new one.
forgot the exhaust sorry.

my 08 dynoed 187 at the wheels with full brocks alienhead, a crappy tune and a filter.

how much is that before drivetrain loss.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #49
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy018 View Post
Jealous.
A little bit
me 2
Old 06-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #50
slowposer
pose slower

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

Quote:
well duh...
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #51
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
forgot the exhaust sorry.

my 08 dynoed 187 at the wheels with full brocks alienhead, a crappy tune and a filter.

how much is that before drivetrain loss.
well, yeah, that sounds like at least 200 at the flywheel

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #52
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowposer View Post
well duh...
hey hey. dont hate my stating the obvious.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #53
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

^^^ squid
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #54
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

skippy
Old 06-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #55
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Spartan View Post
whats wrong with the picture?
is it because he is on shorts?

man, that guy is prb a better rider than you for all you know, jsut becuase he is wearing shorts, he is a squid, i hate it when people say that.

I choose to ride with shorts because I do, I know the consequences...easy as that.
"However, many squids are fully suited-up with helmet, jacket, gloves, etc. Being "squidly" has more to do with how a rider acts than by what he or she wears or rides." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_(motorcycle)

Inappopriate attire is a major sign, half of the SQUID "Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Quote:
Let those who ride decide huh? Well they decide what the insurance rates and premiums will be when they jack the statistic up doing stupid stuff in the street.

Many people have different definitions of the term SQUID. To me it's just a derogatory term for riders who have nor regard for safety. Not only with lack of gear, but also their riding style. You got idiots with 2 months riding experience trying to wheelie in traffic and do burnouts on main streets. they put everybody around them in danger. they have no clue what to do when they get squirrely going 130MPH but they still go that fast. (With flip flops on)

Edit: All it takes is a small miscalculation trying to show off and one dumb SQUID can wipe out a whole crowd of innocent onlookers. They also attract unwanted attention from the cops. So these guys are not only deciding their own fate but mine and everyone else's too. You can't stop them from riding but You can always complain about them on Y!A
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9231523AAzL1eD
I find that interesting. I refer to people with no safety gear generally as squids because of their lack of responsibility while doing something generally considered very dangerous. AND its not just them. If they crash and walk away great, and if they hurt themselves during an accident, remember its not just them affected like they seem to think. My wife could be the person trying to help someone dying from a wreck with no helmet. Your mother could be the one driving by as the police are basically have to peel the person off the road and wash away the blood. Others ARE affected. Including insurance rates as that poster put up..

Best wishes, free country, choose your way. But I do believe it is "squidly" to ride without gear. You are taking more chances than you should if you want to ride the rest of your life.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #56
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Is he hurting you? no.

I won't tell someone to their face what to do. I won't tell you. A forum is a different matter. But if they ask or we're talkign safety gear I'll mention a great deal on mesh pants and tell them they should really look into it because of the addtional protection etc.

That's it. I think most here that people consider "gear nazis" are blown out of proportion. I don't pull up next a non-geared cruiser fellow and say get it right bub and wear a lid.

A forum's different, and we have more discussion and debate.

Be nice.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #57
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
"However, many squids are fully suited-up with helmet, jacket, gloves, etc. Being "squidly" has more to do with how a rider acts than by what he or she wears or rides." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_(motorcycle)

Inappopriate attire is a major sign, half of the SQUID "Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

I find that interesting. I refer to people with no safety gear generally as squids because of their lack of responsibility while doing something generally considered very dangerous. AND its not just them. If they crash and walk away great, and if they hurt themselves during an accident, remember its not just them affected like they seem to think. My wife could be the person trying to help someone dying from a wreck with no helmet. Your mother could be the one driving by as the police are basically have to peel the person off the road and wash away the blood. Others ARE affected. Including insurance rates as that poster put up..

Best wishes, free country, choose your way. But I do believe it is "squidly" to ride without gear. You are taking more chances than you should if you want to ride the rest of your life.
good point but if you look at lots of rip threads: rider was wearing gear.
were their parents, wives, siblings affected? did they not put a dent on the insurance rate?

how about the riders who did not wear gear and not even get in a wreck. are their parents , wives, siblings not happy? did they not keep the insurance rates level?

I do agree with you its personal choice. and is squidly not to wear gear. but that is my descision to do so. not societies.

whats next? why not poke fun at someone for getting on a bike in the first place? I mean is that not the constant in this equation?

you do make some great points sir and to each their own.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #58
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
I won't tell someone to their face what to do. I won't tell you. A forum is a different matter. But if they ask or we're talkign safety gear I'll mention a great deal on mesh pants and tell them they should really look into it because of the addtional protection etc.

That's it. I think most here that people consider "gear nazis" are blown out of proportion. I don't pull up next a non-geared cruiser fellow and say get it right bub and wear a lid.

A forum's different, and we have more discussion and debate.

Be nice.
lol I will try to be nice. no guarantees though.

what you mention in the first paragraph is your opinion which is given when asked. not a statement which is put out there without course.
look back and you will notice that most are giving statements. not their opinions.

I dont think this was a debate or discussion till you gut here. more about being the gear that you mentioned.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #59
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Is he hurting you? no.

Quote:
lol I will try to be nice. no guarantees though.

what you mention in the first paragraph is your opinion which is given when asked. not a statement which is put out there without course.
look back and you will notice that most are giving statements. not their opinions.

I dont think this was a debate or discussion till you gut here. more about being the gear that you mentioned.
well said and respectful which is a rare thing in a forum nowadays when disagreements hit!

To each their own, i just have firm convictions on it, and I agree that its the way you choose to ride and your skill first and foremost that determines you propensity to be in an accident that could have been avoided.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #60
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
well said and respectful which is a rare thing in a forum nowadays when disagreements hit!

To each their own, i just have firm convictions on it, and I agree that its the way you choose to ride and your skill first and foremost that determines you propensity to be in an accident that could have been avoided.
thank you. my posts are not known to be respectful
blunt; yes, hammer that beats the point in; yes.

I have firm convictions on it as well. Those convictions are similar to yours. I rode sans gear, and now have a plate in my head yet I still believe in my freedom to choose gear or not over that conviction.

if i am stupid not to wear gear: let darwin, not society, guide my place in history.

Advertisement