Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
Pathos

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'07 Triumph 675 (graphite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
Aight, I just don't want to wait another 3 weeks to get on the track again, but I certainly don't want to slow a bunch of folks down either... thats not cool especailly since my uses 99.9% of the track to go about 25% as fast
Yeah, with only 1 track day I would stay away from the track that particular day. Some of the B group are pretty fast. Others are kinda fast. Either way you will be slow your first time to MSRH since it's considered a "technical" track.
Pathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day.... maxgs Taking it to the Track 2 04-04-2009 06:11 AM
RideSmart Track Day - 9.01.2008 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) College Stn - $100 LABOR DAY EVENT dhdrider Ridesmart Motorcycle School 45 08-18-2008 09:12 PM
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
My track day write up: a day with RideSmart at TWS (Texas World Speedway) [poser] Taking it to the Track 15 06-25-2008 05:37 PM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #22
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Yeah I don't want to wait that long though, there is a track day at Elite Track Days (www.elitetrackdays.com) on the 14th I may hit that up. But they only have two groups expert and non-expert. Ever heard of them?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #23
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
Yeah I don't want to wait that long though, there is a track day at Elite Track Days (www.elitetrackdays.com) on the 14th I may hit that up. But they only have two groups expert and non-expert. Ever heard of them?
I did an event with them last year. Good group of people. Sign up for the non-expert group.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #24
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Street tires do not work well if they go bewond 180 degF. That can be controlled with air pressures. The lower the pressure the hotter the tire will get, too hot and the tire will get greasy. Too much pressure and the tire will not get hot enough and will lack grip. The reason you run higher pressures on the street is to preserve some form of tire life. Also, your usually not going fast enough to cause the pressures to rise enough, so the tire will feel squishy on the street with the track pressures.

So with that said, MOST street tires work well with 30 front & 29 rear cold & hot pressures will be 33-34 front & rear.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement