MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
I need my engine swapped! Pls help!!

Ok, so I plan on picking up a used engine from a salvage yard. I have called Javi about taking up the task of doing the swap but didn't really get a direct or estimate of a quote. How much should something like this run? I plan on getting the engine from Romeo's place of business. I was quoted about 1250 with the exchange of my old engine. Is this a hard task to do, as I dont have the tools or equipment to handle such a task. What do you think is a decent price to do such a job? I don't want to get raped on prices but I do want quality work done and in a timely fashion. It's been about a year or so since I've been riding and I don't want to jump into the wrong hands or pay a ridiculous price for the job. Does anyone have any recommendations or know anyone who has the tools and is up to the task for some extra cash flow?

Patrick can you chime in or any of our sponsors? Please PM me with an estimate!! I plan on picking up the engine from (Romeo) sams salvage yard.

Any help or advice is appreciated!!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
got the front end swapped obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 08-12-2012 02:30 PM
Sv650s and swapped forks? kyu612 Performance and Modifications 2 02-17-2011 11:58 AM
anyone swapped the fuel pump from 1 tank to another? lbjasonc How To's and Q & A's 22 07-18-2009 12:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 AM   #2
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Hey just a question...why are you doing the swap?
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:12 AM   #3
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Ok, so I plan on picking up a used engine from a salvage yard. I have called Javi about taking up the task of doing the swap but didn't really get a direct or estimate of a quote. How much should something like this run? I plan on getting the engine from Romeo's place of business. I was quoted about 1250 with the exchange of my old engine. Is this a hard task to do, as I dont have the tools or equipment to handle such a task. What do you think is a decent price to do such a job? I don't want to get raped on prices but I do want quality work done and in a timely fashion. It's been about a year or so since I've been riding and I don't want to jump into the wrong hands or pay a ridiculous price for the job. Does anyone have any recommendations or know anyone who has the tools and is up to the task for some extra cash flow?

Patrick can you chime in or any of our sponsors? Please PM me with an estimate!! I plan on picking up the engine from (Romeo) sams salvage yard.

Any help or advice is appreciated!!
if my back wasnt fukked up. id help ya. u need sumone with the right tools for removing the motor mount bolts & a good floor jack. when i had my own endurance team back in 03 & 04 i got real good at swappin the 954 engine. i had to swap motors every other race in 03 due to chronic tranny issues.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

should be easy enough to do. how much is the motor, or rather, how much of the 1200 is labor?
it could be done in an afternoon with some vittles, beer and a few friends.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

PM sent.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Member Garage

PM sent as well.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

How soon you wanting to do the swap? I have everything you need to do it, but just went outta town for 2 weeks.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement