MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
1fastchevy
Bout Time

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Caught in rain

Anyone have a story or photos of a wet ride ?
1fastchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
first time caught in a heavy rain Croe General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 08-17-2008 07:14 PM
caught in rain cp6rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-25-2007 06:26 PM
anybody get caught in the rain tonight? AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 05-12-2007 01:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Aggie10

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Sold'em for School

no top

i got cought with no top (convertable) in CS. no clouds when i left my house rained 2 minutes then stopped. but i was getting gas so it worked out.

Aggie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
seratt

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
88' Super Magna

Member Garage

Got caught in downpour earlier today otw to work. Stopped in an underpass and hung out for about 30 mins. Was chattin with another biker down there who had been driving back from Cali.

Went home, put the bike up, changed clothes and dried off. Came to work in cage.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
maxgs

Member Garage

Bought a ZX-11 while on vacation in Colorado, used it for the two weeks around Rocky Mtn National Park. Kept it there for a while. When I finally had time to pick it up, I flew into Denver on a Friday night. Woke up at 0 dark thirty on Saturday and rode it back to Houston. It rained HARD for 80% of the damned trip. Finally dried up on I-45 south of Dallas.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
1fastchevy
Bout Time

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Bought a ZX-11 while on vacation in Colorado, used it for the two weeks around Rocky Mtn National Park. Kept it there for a while. When I finally had time to pick it up, I flew into Denver on a Friday night. Woke up at 0 dark thirty on Saturday and rode it back to Houston. It rained HARD for 80% of the damned trip. Finally dried up on I-45 south of Dallas.
How long did that take ?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
maxgs

Member Garage

The better part of two days. Stayed overnight in some tiny little town.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
Htownz

Member Garage

Saturday. Just went down the street. I don't know if you remember, but it starting pouring like a . I was only 4 miles from the house. Just started pouring and some stupid in front of me stopped in the right lane, but wasn't turning. Already a car to it's left and it was too tight for me to go around somewhat. So I sat there and just got drenched looking at the light (2-3 minutes). Turned green and took the turn, and I thought to myself , this is what rain feels like on your eyeballs. Turned out to be a little hail later when I heard. Shoes and clothes drenched. Cell phone was OK. Perfect punishment thou, served me right for not wearing any gear or helmet. Really felt like a complete idiot sitting at the light while it was pouring, with nothing to do about it
Old 06-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I go out in the rain regardless on the weekend; just gear up with my rain leathers.

Worst one was the last and only meet and greet I never made. Was stormy, windy etc. Was gonna meet a friend at tomball parkway/2920 but never made it. My busa was pushed sideways... like tires sliding sideways... into other lane just past Kurkendahl on 2920. I turned around and chilled at BW3s for a while. That was my worst story... but I have some of other's worst stories...

Was a perfect day, this is the first ride these three ever did in the rain, from Galveston all the way back to the woodlands...Only posting this pic... to save their sanity and all the MSF questions since he wasn't wearing a jacket.
SportbikeGalvenstineRide1 1
Old 06-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #10
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Yesterday.. Japawhat and I got caught when it dumped in Willis... heavy rain and wind blowing us slideways along with branches.. we chilled in a car wash for 10-15 minutes until it tailed off and then headed on. We were both soaked, even my watertight boots...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Water-proof boots work both ways... they dont drain either. I've learned from experience.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
1fastchevy
Bout Time

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
I go out in the rain regardless on the weekend; just gear up with my rain leathers.

Worst one was the last and only meet and greet I never made. Was stormy, windy etc. Was gonna meet a friend at tomball parkway/2920 but never made it. My busa was pushed sideways... like tires sliding sideways... into other lane just past Kurkendahl on 2920. I turned around and chilled at BW3s for a while. That was my worst story... but I have some of other's worst stories...

Was a perfect day, this is the first ride these three ever did in the rain, from Galveston all the way back to the woodlands...Only posting this pic... to save their sanity and all the MSF questions since he wasn't wearing a jacket.
SportbikeGalvenstineRide1 1
I see a dry spot on that rider
I like the car wash story, funny

Advertisement