MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Any one ever step down from a 1k to 600 or own both??

So I am looking into another bike. One that I can ride on the track and my lady friend can ride (after she takes care of all RacerX's prerequisites). So I was looking into a 600..for several reasons...first the girl..dont want her on a 1k. 2nd the track, dont wanna crash my nice bike plus 6's are faster on alot of tracks. It's mostly about the rider anyway.

So I rode this 600 today, and WTF??? It has been awhile since I have ridden one. I hear peeps talk about how they hopped on a buddy's 1k and there wasn't that much difference. Bullsh!T I say! You could really feel my 1k pull hard beginning at 7k rpm...and at 10k+ it is ridiculous. Where is the "power" on the 600? 9k? 10k? cause at 8 there was nothing. Maybe something is wrong with the bike. Maybe not. Maybe I am just used to my 1krr.

Couple of questions....

1. Do you enjoy your 6 as much at the 10?

1a. Do you feel as satisfied after you ride the 6 as you do the 10?

2. Is there a big adjustment switching from bike to bike?

3. What do u prefer on the track? I know some tracks are better for different bikes..MSR? TWS (Texas World Speedway) (1k I am sure)



Anything else that can enlighten me is welcome.

Thanks!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People with Jardine Exhaust RT1 and CBR 600's and 1k's ThomAss General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-30-2009 06:47 PM
insurance 1K vs 600???? 1fasthyundai Off Topic 7 05-12-2008 08:10 AM
Step by Step Pictorial of a 2 tone PC yob, 1966 BSA tank ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-16-2007 04:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Can't answer any of your questions, but I'm in the same boat: looking for a 600 trackwhore.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
. Maybe I am just used to my 1krr.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

yea...my first thought was..."There's sumthin wrong wit this bike."

Second thought..."Maybe I am just not used to a 6."

I have seen plenty o quick riders on a 6...they must be riding HARD!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





I tried 2 600's.........and didn't like either one. I'll stick with the litre bikes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
I tried 2 600's.........and didn't like either one. I'll stick with the litre bikes.
What didnt you like?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
 
SBK Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,570

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...






i stepped down from a litre bike to an sv650 about two years ago... it will help you with your midcorner speed...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
i stepped down from a litre bike to an sv650 about two years ago... it will help you with your midcorner speed...
Yea...I was just talkin to someone on the phone talking about the speed that the guys on 6's carry in and through the corners.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #9
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
What didnt you like?
Dropping 3 gears to pass an Izuzu is too much work for me, and I admit I'm a little lazy and/or spoiled.
At the track, it's a different story........but they still worked harder then I did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
yea...my first thought was..."There's sumthin wrong wit this bike."
Sounds like you were on a gixxer


On the streets, I enjoy my 10R much more than the 636. They are both really light and I had no prob making the transistion from my 636 to 10R on the street.

It's a lil different on the track, I have to control the throttle more coming out of turns cause the rear end will break loose and I have to be more alert of entry speeds.

Not sure which one I like better on the track yet as I haven't ridden my 636 since mid March. Luckily I have both, so eventually I get to take both of them out to an event. Lucky me. Just need to get off me and put the 636 back together and fix the tranny
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #11
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybikes View Post
Sounds like you were on a gixxer
nah.

wasnt a honda though!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
nah.

wasnt a honda though!

oh wait......i'm not gonna talk any with you. rode with you at msrh. (for now!)
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,864

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


I went from a 900rr to a 600rr...


kinda the same but not...

Im alot happier on the 6
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #14
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
ANSWERS TO UR QUESTIONS ...

1. Do you enjoy your 6 as much at the 10?

yes, the 600 is a lighter more nimble bike than a 1k. therefore it is easier to throw around and u dont have to use as much throttle control. the 600 favors the tighter more technical tracks, whereas the the 1k can stretch its legs and actually use the hp it has on longer faster tracks such as TWS (Texas World Speedway).

1a. Do you feel as satisfied after you ride the 6 as you do the 10?

yes and no. the 600 is great fun when u wanna ride a bike that u can wring its neck out. to ride a 600 fast on the track means u have to keep that thing in the higher rpm range. for example on the new R6. it redlines at 17k rpm. you really dont want the revs to fall below 12k rpms or its power will fall on its face. u gotta ride it like a 2 stroke. WFO !!!

2. Is there a big adjustment switching from bike to bike?

not if ur a versital rider...

3. What do u prefer on the track? I know some tracks are better for different bikes..MSR? TWS (Texas World Speedway) (1k I am sure)

the older i get, the more i like ridin the 1k... u dont have to ride as hard. u can get by with the point and shoot style of riding alot more than a 600. but when it comes to all out wringin the out of one... i like a fast 600 with a slipper clutch

Last edited by jodyhudson; 06-25-2008 at 05:54 PM.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #15
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
ANSWERS TO UR QUESTIONS ...

1. Do you enjoy your 6 as much at the 10?

yes, the 600 is a lighter more nimble bike than a 1k. therefore it is easier to throw around and u dont have to use as much throttle control. the 600 favors the tighter more technical tracks, whereas the the 1k can stretch its legs and actually use the hp it has on longer faster tracks such as TWS (Texas World Speedway).

1a. Do you feel as satisfied after you ride the 6 as you do the 10?

yes and no. the 600 is great fun when u wanna ride a bike that u can wring its neck out. to ride a 600 fast on the track means u have to keep that thing in the higher rpm range. for example on the new R6. it redlines at 17k rpm. you really dont want the revs to fall below 12k rpms or its power will fall on its face. u gotta ride it like a 2 stroke. WFO !!!

2. Is there a big adjustment switching from bike to bike?

not if ur a versital rider...

3. What do u prefer on the track? I know some tracks are better for different bikes..MSR? TWS (Texas World Speedway) (1k I am sure)

the older i get, the more i like ridin the 1k... u dont have to ride as hard. u can get by with the point and shoot style of riding alot more than a 600. but when it comes to all out wringin the out of one... i like a fast 600 with a slipper clutch
That was a very thoughtful response. What have you done to the real Jody?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #16
specterunseen
El Brilliante
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,592

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity






How about this?

Try stepping down to a 250 and that 600 will feel incredibly fast. Its all perspective!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motivator4424476.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	13008  
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #17
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
That was a very thoughtful response. What have you done to the real Jody?
i have multiple personalities...

also depends on my herbal intake
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #18
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,585

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
ANSWERS TO UR QUESTIONS ...

1. Do you enjoy your 6 as much at the 10?

yes, the 600 is a lighter more nimble bike than a 1k. therefore it is easier to throw around and u dont have to use as much throttle control. the 600 favors the tighter more technical tracks, whereas the the 1k can stretch its legs and actually use the hp it has on longer faster tracks such as TWS (Texas World Speedway).

1a. Do you feel as satisfied after you ride the 6 as you do the 10?

yes and no. the 600 is great fun when u wanna ride a bike that u can wring its neck out. to ride a 600 fast on the track means u have to keep that thing in the higher rpm range. for example on the new R6. it redlines at 17k rpm. you really dont want the revs to fall below 12k rpms or its power will fall on its face. u gotta ride it like a 2 stroke. WFO !!!

2. Is there a big adjustment switching from bike to bike?

not if ur a versital rider...

3. What do u prefer on the track? I know some tracks are better for different bikes..MSR? TWS (Texas World Speedway) (1k I am sure)

the older i get, the more i like ridin the 1k... u dont have to ride as hard. u can get by with the point and shoot style of riding alot more than a 600. but when it comes to all out wringin the out of one... i like a fast 600 with a slipper clutch

cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post

yes, the 600 is a lighter more nimble bike than a 1k. therefore it is easier to throw around
While this might have been true in the past, litre bikes are getting pretty dern close weight-wise to a 600.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #20
Pre-K
Senior Member
 
Pre-K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 3,413

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized








Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
So I am looking into another bike. One that I can ride on the track and my lady friend can ride (after she takes care of all RacerX's prerequisites). So I was looking into a 600..for several reasons...first the girl..dont want her on a 1k. 2nd the track, dont wanna crash my nice bike plus 6's are faster on alot of tracks. It's mostly about the rider anyway.

So I rode this 600 today, and WTF??? It has been awhile since I have ridden one. I hear peeps talk about how they hopped on a buddy's 1k and there wasn't that much difference. Bullsh!T I say! You could really feel my 1k pull hard beginning at 7k rpm...and at 10k+ it is ridiculous. Where is the "power" on the 600? 9k? 10k? cause at 8 there was nothing. Maybe something is wrong with the bike. Maybe not. Maybe I am just used to my 1krr.

Couple of questions....

1. Do you enjoy your 6 as much at the 10?

1a. Do you feel as satisfied after you ride the 6 as you do the 10?

2. Is there a big adjustment switching from bike to bike?

3. What do u prefer on the track? I know some tracks are better for different bikes..MSR? TWS (Texas World Speedway) (1k I am sure)



Anything else that can enlighten me is welcome.

Thanks!
Just bought the 'lil 6ixxer... and love it! It is no where near as powerfull as the 10R, but as you said, its quicker at the track (well, except TWS (Texas World Speedway)).

I got back on the 10 Monday night and rode 2-up with a smokin' hot 'lil lady; even 2-up the 10 has some !

I've still got both, and they each serve a purpose. If I had to pick one over the other... well, the 10 IS for sale!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy