MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #21
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Performance Driving Cruise-In & Meet @ Twin Peaks Sunday July 27th! xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 8 07-26-2014 11:25 PM
Anyone going to Midnight 1320@LMP? Mark06gsxr Events, Meets and Rides 9 10-26-2009 09:52 AM
Midnight 1320: Street Wars! Hosted by Houston Performance Driving (HPD) 10/24 @ LMP! xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 17 10-26-2009 06:35 AM
HPD (Houston Performance Driving) Hosts Midnight 1320: Street Wars @ LMP! 5/30 (Sat). xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 17 06-01-2009 04:40 PM
HPD (Houston Performance Driving) Galveston Cruise! Sunday May 3rd. xtc4us Events, Meets and Rides 69 05-04-2009 08:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2008, 11:19 PM   #22
robz1000
Finding My Mojo

Bike(s):
2014 HD Low Rider
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-son View Post
Just thought about it Rob, we should race eachother at this event!!!! Come on, what do you say? Both gen Z's... oh man we have to do this!
That event starts too late for an old man like me....I'll be at home sippin' on Geratol.
robz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
daniel-son

Bike(s):
'07 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz1000 View Post
That event starts too late for an old man like me....I'll be at home sippin' on Geratol.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

so who is all going to this event?
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:06 AM   #25
daniel-son

Bike(s):
'07 Z1000

Just got back. It was fun, but wasn't too happy with the way things operated. It started by me not being able to get in because they didn't accept credit cards, so I had to go a wayz down the road to an ATM. I had four runs and they gave me time slips on only two of the runs, the other two they messed it up. I launched pretty bad (kept messing up on the tree) but finally got the hang of it. I think I set a world record.....slowest mph at the end of the 1/4 mile: 87mph! That was my last run and I was very low on gas and started sputtering out, but I still got 12 seconds! There were hardly any bikes, probably 5, but only saw I think 3 different ones racing. I ran against a Gixxer 750 and got spanked, but I started way late, and no cars wanted to go against me (two mustangs, one Cobra and one Saleen, said they would but at the last minute didn't come to the line with me). Anyway, I think I'll do a whole lot better next time, but overall wasn't impressed with the management.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:20 AM   #26
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

I was out there, I believe me and my friend talked to you...I was on the r6, and my friend had the lowered kawi zzr600.

I had some ok runs, for my first time being on a drag strip ever, and the first time EVER launching my bike from a complete stop. I guess i'm satisified...I was really hoping for a 10sec pass, but I had problems getting off the line and wheelies. Also I didn't like the way they had the start setup....it was a pro tree, instead of regular.

Anyway best run was a 11.2 @ 126mph, 2.26 '60ft.....

friend was running 10.7 @ 125mph, 1.7 '60ft's.

Last edited by TrevorC; 07-13-2008 at 03:24 AM.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:30 AM   #27
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

I've never heard of a track taking a credit card at the gate to get in for test n tune type events or otherwise.

Sorry top hear you guys had some dislikes about the way they ran the event. i didn't make it out, but keep in mind the way this event was run was different than a typ. drag night and for the reason of making it, unlike a typical drag night.

Hope everything went well looking at the big picture.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #28
AndrewB

it was all good for me except i didnt like the pro tree. and that my shifter came loose on me. i got a decent sixty foot but i wish i would have came out of the whole a little harder.
AndrewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #29
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Here is a video from the event posted up today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vQ9-3oH-U

The initial plan was to have a flagged start, but from what I hear the turn-out was better than what was planned and for a smooth event the Pro tree was the next best thing to trying to have the street race appeal to it.

Glad you guys made it out though.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #30
G-Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-son View Post
Just got back. It was fun, but wasn't too happy with the way things operated. It started by me not being able to get in because they didn't accept credit cards, so I had to go a wayz down the road to an ATM. I had four runs and they gave me time slips on only two of the runs, the other two they messed it up. I launched pretty bad (kept messing up on the tree) but finally got the hang of it. I think I set a world record.....slowest mph at the end of the 1/4 mile: 87mph! That was my last run and I was very low on gas and started sputtering out, but I still got 12 seconds! There were hardly any bikes, probably 5, but only saw I think 3 different ones racing. I ran against a Gixxer 750 and got spanked, but I started way late, and no cars wanted to go against me (two mustangs, one Cobra and one Saleen, said they would but at the last minute didn't come to the line with me). Anyway, I think I'll do a whole lot better next time, but overall wasn't impressed with the management.
First off thank you guys for coming out.

Daniel I am sorry to hear about your experience, I personally feel we did a pretty good job considering the amount of people that showed up but I am sure there were a few things we could have done better.

- Like Brad stated, I dont believe any track takes credit card. (Even though thats a good idea! )

Every event is a learning curve and any input would be very helpful as to what we can do different or make things better.

Hope you guys made it back safe and sound.

We will be setting up a track day in the near future to cater to bikes and road course cars.

Brad will be invovled in helping me organize something for you 2wheelers to have fun with.

Thanks again
Garett
G-Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #31
NASAGeek
Bye, Ford! Hello, GM!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
FZ1
R6S (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Z06 View Post
First off thank you guys for coming out.

Daniel I am sorry to hear about your experience, I personally feel we did a pretty good job considering the amount of people that showed up but I am sure there were a few things we could have done better.

- Like Brad stated, I dont believe any track takes credit card. (Even though thats a good idea! )

Every event is a learning curve and any input would be very helpful as to what we can do different or make things better.

Hope you guys made it back safe and sound.

We will be setting up a track day in the near future to cater to bikes and road course cars.

Brad will be invovled in helping me organize something for you 2wheelers to have fun with.

Thanks again
Garett
GZ06! Familiar face on here finally. I used to come up to your HPD events on the north side couple years back... black S281SC, yellow cobra hard top, black 10th cobra vert. Small world. Last time up you had a girl driving that bad Z06. Think you were "only" in the 500rwhp range then, so think waaaay back. =) Anyway, good to see you on.

- Dan
NASAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #32
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Actually,San Antonio raceway takes credit cards!
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #33
AndrewB

i think mh needs to have a bike drag meet at hmp or somewhere one night. if anybody here but me likes to drag race their bike.
AndrewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #34
maxgs

Member Garage

I'd like to spend a full day at a drag strip. I was recently smoked by Issani on the street just around.... and he rides a gixxer 750. it was embarrassing. I need to learn a bit about launching the bike.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #35
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

First friday of every month at San Antonio Raceway is the Street Riders Shootout.www.streetridershootout.com

Last edited by mathews; 07-14-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #36
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Website is not working but if you go to San Antonios website there is a link.Also August 16th at Houston Raceway park is the first Hurricane Alley race.www.haraces.com
Old 07-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #37
Trung
rip chad jones

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years

saw a couple of bikes out there but didn't stay long
Trung is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement