Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
along77082

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 ninja ZX6R

Send a message via AIM to along77082
glad to hear you are ok!!
along77082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #22
DJRemy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 R1 Raven

Thanks

Thank you all for all the get well wishes. I live on the SE side of Houston and was visiting CS for a wedding so gear is a must for me. MsF + yes. Probably what kept it from being a RIP thread. As far as what happened. I was in the left lane. Cage in the middle lane. Cage decided he needed to turn left and cut across my lane to get to the left turn lane. I laid the bike down in hopes it would just rash the fairings. I was going less than 40MPH at the time. Here's where things went bad. the raised curb median in the left turn lane caught my front tire before the bike was all the way down and i went over the handle bars. landed square on the top of my left shoulder. Mr Richards I will be getting with you in a week or so for those pieces. Once again thanks to all and be safe
DJRemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #23
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to peruvian
glad to hear your alright man!
speedy recovery!
peruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #24
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruvian View Post
glad to hear your alright man!
speedy recovery!
+12546954125
Old 06-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #25
JOKER
K9: HALF-PAST DEAD

Bike(s):
ZX12- Joker colored!!!!!!

i'm glad you're ok Remy and we'll hook up for that other this week... OnE
JOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
didn't think anyone in Bryan/CS wore gear...
everything but armor pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxxer600 View Post
Im kind of worried myself about riding this semester in College Station. Every single person on the road is on their cell phone and under 22 years old lol. I almost get t-boned,side swiped, or rear ended every day in my truck......
hope everything works out for ya
^^thats why. Its a battlefield out there. Eyes up, scanning constantly and assume everyone is planning on killing you.

Ive totalled 2 bikes in street wrecks in the 6 1/2 yrs Ive been in BCS. Neither my fault.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #27
NASAGeek
Bye, Ford! Hello, GM!

Bike(s):
FZ1
R6S (sold)

. get well soon, bro.
NASAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #28
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxxer600 View Post
Im kind of worried myself about riding this semester in College Station. Every single person on the road is on their cell phone and under 22 years old lol. I almost get t-boned,side swiped, or rear ended every day in my truck......
hope everything works out for ya

You'll get the hang of it, dont worry.
Best advice I can offer is not not ride on the major street around campus for any longer than you have to. Avoid: George Bush, Wellborn, University and Texas like they are the plague. Stick to the residential streets, and low traffic street around campus. Develop good routes, learn the traffic signal timing(helps spot red light runners), and gear up. You'll be fine.
Need any other help or route suggestions, hit me up in a PM.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #29
DJRemy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 R1 Raven

Update

Well it's been a week so I thought i would throw an update out there. Bad news first. I still can't ride yet. Good news: everything is healing ok. Getting some movement back. College station PD called and a witness got the plate of the car and called it in. They got the SOBs. Gotta make a trip up there and get to have a little chat with guy. Should be interesting. Gonne decide wether to press charges or not. Just thought I would fill the MH community in. The good guys always win
DJRemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #30
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRemy View Post
Well it's been a week so I thought i would throw an update out there. Bad news first. I still can't ride yet. Good news: everything is healing ok. Getting some movement back. College station PD called and a witness got the plate of the car and called it in. They got the SOBs. Gotta make a trip up there and get to have a little chat with guy. Should be interesting. Gonne decide wether to press charges or not. Just thought I would fill the MH community in. The good guys always win
fukc yeah! glad to hear they caught the SOBs. go up there and kick some .

Advertisement