Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 PM   #1
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
help with bike registration.

ok so im buying a 1990 FZR 1000. the guy im buying it from bought it from his freind in seattle, WA. the original owner signed it on the back, but it looks like he was supposed to sign the front too. its a WA title of course.

should i have it mailed back and forth etc, or just forge it (i know its not stolen), or have the dude im buying it from sign his freinds name?

has anyone gone through registering an out of state bike before? is there any other paperwork im going to need. like the bill of sale form, what is it 130-u?

ive heard there are title services places that will "just get it done" no matter what the deal is, are these legit/reputable/worth it?

what im mainly worried about is what i need for it being from out of state.

any help would be uber appreciated. im not trying to get pulled over any time soon.

thanks!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike Registration?? R6Chris General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 04-05-2010 12:24 PM
Bike registration Evfr General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-16-2009 11:09 PM
New Bike Registration in Texas randomwalk101 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-12-2008 10:42 AM
registration for your bike. (besides DPS) AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 08-31-2007 11:27 PM
Bike Registration Help RedRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-06-2006 01:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
let the dude u bought from sign the other dudes name, that way if u get cought he did it not u lol...

Last edited by PORSCHITO; 10-24-2005 at 01:27 PM.
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I would have probably not posted my intentions on a public forum and just got the work done.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
forge it fool.
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #5
PORSCHITO

no dude let him forge it ...
Old 10-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
PORSCHITO

make sure he gives u a bill of sale or fill a sale form http://www.dot.state.tx.us/vtr/vtrreginfo.htm?pg=faq
Old 10-24-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
as long as the bike was not stolen, just get some oen who can sign like the owner to do it, if they have any problems or say the signiture dosnt match right they rae going to contact the owner and ask him if he signed it and he is going to say yes so its not that big of a deal right?
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4o3
as long as the bike was not stolen, just get some oen who can sign like the owner to do it, if they have any problems or say the signiture dosnt match right they rae going to contact the owner and ask him if he signed it and he is going to say yes so its not that big of a deal right?
exactly, anyways the courthouses doesnt examine the freaking signature hardcore to see if the guy signed it or not
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #9
PORSCHITO

all i know is that there is some serious jail time if they find out.... just let the person u bought it from do it that way u will not be involved... my .02 cents.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #10
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
all i know is that there is some serious jail time if they find out.... just let the person u bought it from do it that way u will not be involved... my .02 cents.

the wont find out cause they will just ask the owner if he signed it and he will say yes
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #11
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
well yes im going to get a bill of sale of some sort. i just sold my car and the chick i sold it to wanted one. i got it off microsoft. ill just change it for the bike.

yeah, i guess just to cover my ill have the dude im buying it from sign it. if he is sure its cool, then its cool. no reason for me to risk my own rear.

i still need to know if there is anything odd for it being out of state. or easier...i wish!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #12
mhutch

Bike(s):
too many

Use the 130-U form. It doubles as a bill of sale. You can download from txdot

ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-...orms/130-u.pdf Of course he will need to sign it but it is up to you how he does that. I just bought a bike from Pennsylvania and that was all I needed. No need to pay someone else to do it for you.
mhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:23 AM   #13
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Just be sure to make sure it's supposed to be signed where your thinking about signing it, other states are wierd, the best thing to do is take the time to ask the courthouse staff "What needs to be done to make this transferrable" They will tell you where to sign and what to put, you can decide from there how it gets done....

It's kind of a catch-22 technically it's fraud if you sign his name but... if the guy doesn't mind it's sort of a victemless crime.

If you sign his name and he didn't want to sell the bike then you stole it, if you sign his name and he doesn't care then it will never be an issue. If you mail it back to him and wait a couple weeks to have it done right then it's a non-issue anyways.

If you do have someone sign for him, make sure the way they sign matches exactly, I don't mean in it's form, but in it's content. If the original signature said "First Middle Lastname" then make sure you put that and not "First M Lastname"

It comes down to "What do you need more, time or money" IF you are rich, get the title company to do it for you, if your not rich then do it your self, they aren't going to do anything you can't do on your own, it's just that they are doing it so that you don't have to mess with it.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement