MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

victory

im wanting to get a cruiser to ride on long trips. a couple firefighters i work with go on rides to different states...etc anyways wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the victory 8ball, if its a good bike or not. or if anyone has any suggestions. was thinking harley, but talking to people, some say they break down alot, have alot of problems....etc but any help would be appreciated. have no idea on this. thanks
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
victory highball blsgtols2 Cruisers Lounge 6 11-27-2013 09:23 PM
Anyone own a Victory? kxthor911 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-23-2013 09:47 PM
A Victory shop JUANTED General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 05-20-2011 06:43 PM
Victory Vision...... BrutusTx Cruisers Lounge 49 06-25-2008 08:56 PM
Victory Counterculture Cruisers Lounge 23 05-27-2008 02:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

from my experiences with talking to harley owners, they only break down when people try to modify them themselves with custom/not-harley parts. I've never owned a harley so that's just my .2
Old 06-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

M109 ftw.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

they are the low end victory, but that being said the best looking victory i ever saw was the black 8ball with all the chrome and emblems taken off and flat blacked the rest of the bike and wrapped the exhaust.. looked sick!

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:42 AM   #5
glenbo

Bike(s):
2007 H-D Nightster, 1974 Triumph Trident

Newer Harleys (last few years) aren't known for breaking down unless modified by a moron, which happens often. If they are maintained well, which is expensive unless you do it yourself, they last forever. Just look at how many are still on the road. My nightster is so sanitary that it's like having an electric bike, no leaks or burnt-out bulbs, everything just works well, all the time.
glenbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
M109 ftw.
quoted for truth. imo, victories are . they are metric, but not japanese. dont let the salesman lie to you and say they are made in USA, even some of the emblems say that. it might be assembled in USA, but all the money goes to canada.

if you want a bike made in USA, get a harley and get a set of tools. if you want a GOOD bike. get a suzuki.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
quoted for truth. imo, victories are . they are metric, but not japanese. dont let the salesman lie to you and say they are made in USA, even some of the emblems say that. it might be assembled in USA, but all the money goes to canada.

if you want a bike made in USA, get a harley and get a set of tools. if you want a GOOD bike. get a suzuki.
im gonna call bs on this...

and victory bikes are definately twice the quality of harleys. imo the only decent harley is the vrod, but its severely overpriced.

check out any sportrider/motorcycle enthusiast mag, they all rate the victories over the harleys. they ride better, make more power, and are far more reliable.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbo View Post
Newer Harleys (last few years) aren't known for breaking down unless modified by a moron, which happens often. If they are maintained well, which is expensive unless you do it yourself, they last forever. Just look at how many are still on the road. My nightster is so sanitary that it's like having an electric bike, no leaks or burnt-out bulbs, everything just works well, all the time.
+1

I own a 07 Sportster. No problems at all.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #9
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

yeah rojerlockless, the 8 ball black is the one i like look wise. it is sick. i dont know what to do though. so many choices.
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

i haven't heard of the victory's having problems, and i've ridden with guys with upwards of 60k miles on their victory.

no personal experience though.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #11
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

You are mentioning the 8Ball, but that is not the model of the bike. You are either talking about the Victory Vegas or Kingpin with the 8Ball package on it. 8Ball is a package you can get on either of those two models. Victory has talked about offering them on their other models as well seeing as there has been a high demand for them on the two models they offer it on.
Either way, Victory does make a great bike. As does Harley. I personally have a Suzuki VL800 that I love. No problems what-so-ever. Only paid $4000 for it used. Bought it at the beginning of this year. It is an '03 and had only 12k miles on it. It looks, sounds and rides just like a Harely. I get guys who have ridden Harleys for 20 years say that they thought I was on a Harley until they saw the one Suzuki emblem on it.
There are tons of great metric cruisers out there and you can get great deals on them. The only downside I have found is that not too many places work on metrics. Most of the dealerships (Yamaha, Suzuki, etc...) in the area can work on them but know more about street bikes than cruisers. And the cruiser shops in the area tend to only work on Harleys.
LunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:59 PM   #12
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Harley, Victory, Yamaha all make good cruisers.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement