MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #41
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Stickied in the General Discussion section

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29002
That's fine. You can contact a moderator and have this thread deleted as to not be redundant.

-Curt
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3-21-15 ride group ride or cancel Shaweezy7 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 03-12-2015 09:16 PM
Motohouston Group Riding Etiquette Classification Rules. morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 75 03-12-2011 11:18 PM
Rules to live/ride by........ omer General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-02-2010 05:50 PM
rules for group slim General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 08-12-2006 04:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #42
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

The part about the stunting that really bothers me is that you said to keep it in the left lane(ok) or the oncoming lane(wtf?). Having someone stunt in the oncoming lane is probably one of the most dangerous rules I have ever heard. There are rides strictly for stuning, keep the stunting to those rides IMO. Otherwise, good list and definately some good points in there that should be addressed with every major ride.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #43
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
The part about the stunting that really bothers me is that you said to keep it in the left lane(ok) or the oncoming lane(wtf?). Having someone stunt in the oncoming lane is probably one of the most dangerous rules I have ever heard. There are rides strictly for stuning, keep the stunting to those rides IMO. Otherwise, good list and definately some good points in there that should be addressed with every major ride.
One a two lane road, how do you describe the lane used to pass slower traffic? I think it's the oncoming lane. How would you describe it?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #44
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
That's fine. You can contact a moderator and have this thread deleted as to not be redundant.

-Curt
No, no.. obviously not many people bother to read all the stickies, and this thread has brought up some good points and discussion.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #45
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
One a two lane road, how do you describe the lane used to pass slower traffic? I think it's the oncoming lane. How would you describe it?
I was not arguing the semantics. The idea is what bothers me, having someone stunt in a lane with oncoming traffic is absurd. Stunting on a group ride is bad enough alone, but to limit it to a lane they shouldn't be in for any extended time is extremely dangerous to the rider, all the riders around them should they have to avoid someone coming at them, and the drivers going in the opposing direction.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #46
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I was not arguing the semantics. The idea is what bothers me, having someone stunt in a lane with oncoming traffic is absurd. Stunting on a group ride is bad enough alone, but to limit it to a lane they shouldn't be in for any extended time is extremely dangerous to the rider, all the riders around them should they have to avoid someone coming at them, and the drivers going in the opposing direction.

~Keith
Sounds like you share some other folks views for a "no stunting" rule. Sounds reasonable to me. The "stunting rule" comes from language I've heard ride leaders use.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #47
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

I think stunting on group rides should fall under the same heading as passing in curves or over blind hills.

There is a place for everything, if someone can't chill for one group ride, maybe they need to skip it?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #48
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

One other thing to add... myself I discourage drop-ins along the way. I've seen and heard of a couple occasions where riders joined a group mid ride, and then caused or almost caused accidents.

If you don't show for the pre-ride meeting, I prefer to not let you drop in along the way.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #49
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460 View Post
Are u saying that because u are 2 up u don't ride as good as some that are alone?
I have logged a few thousand miles in the hill country, the dragon etc 2 up and even with a group am usually up towards the front. Cus your 2 up don't mean your slow.
Michael
Amen Mike,
If you've ever ridden with me, you know that isn't the case...
Dragin knees while passing on racer road...lol. Ask Chris Donnelly. Haha
Old 06-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #50
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
I'd have to look homie, I know it's here somewhere. at least it better be. that kinda info should be page 1 paragraph 1.
I agree. Couple the fact that these type threads don't get stickied, along with a not so good Search feature, and....

NM/
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Stickied in the General Discussion section

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29002

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 06-22-2008 at 09:54 PM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote