MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

July 4th MSRH

Did I read this right? Both LSTD & LMS there on the same day, plus it being a pre-race weekend...

If this is the case, how will the sessions/groups run for each? I am unfamiliar with prerace trackdays regardless, but seeing what I thought was both companies there threw me off even more.

Anyone care to confirm or explain so I can decide if it is a trackday I feel I'd like to do?
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th of July jimmy the gent The Circus 2 07-08-2014 05:05 PM
4th of july... obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 27 07-04-2012 12:34 PM
4th of july pester Off Topic 3 07-04-2012 07:56 AM
A few pics from LSTD July 4th trackday at MSRH bubby General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 07-06-2008 10:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Alright, well now that I look again I don't see that LMS has their day then....
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

It may be full anyway, check the web site at www.lstd.com.

It will be 4 groups, Expert racers, Novice racers, Rider's school/ minis, and "street" group.

The Expert and Novice groups are for licensed racers, the Rider's School/ mini group is for those getting their CMRA licenses and "minis", and the "Street" group will be like a fast "B" group.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
maxgs

Member Garage

Tom, what's it cost to get a CMRA license and can it be done in just one day? Is it possible for a noob like me to get one??

-Curt
Old 06-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Tom, what's it cost to get a CMRA license and can it be done in just one day? Is it possible for a noob like me to get one??

-Curt
Yes you can get one in one day, and yes, you'll probably kick the out of most of the novices in your classes at your home track

Here's the info- http://cmraracing.com/involvement.htm

https://www.lstd.com/race/index070408.shtml
Old 06-22-2008, 05:33 AM   #6
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Yes you can get one in one day, and yes, you'll probably kick the out of most of the novices in your classes at your home track

Here's the info- http://cmraracing.com/involvement.htm

https://www.lstd.com/race/index070408.shtml
wrong ! Irish will spank that !
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
It may be full anyway, check the web site at www.lstd.com.

It will be 4 groups, Expert racers, Novice racers, Rider's school/ minis, and "street" group.

The Expert and Novice groups are for licensed racers, the Rider's School/ mini group is for those getting their CMRA licenses and "minis", and the "Street" group will be like a fast "B" group.
I was planning on attending the street group, but man it sounds like it will be crouded. Do you guys make the riders move there trucks/trailers from under the covers or can we leave them there? Also how long are the sessions going to be since there is 4 groups running?
Thanks
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
I was planning on attending the street group, but man it sounds like it will be crouded. Do you guys make the riders move there trucks/trailers from under the covers or can we leave them there? Also how long are the sessions going to be since there is 4 groups running?
Thanks
usually there are 4 different groups but there are still just 3 ride groups. as long as there is still room, you can jump in and ride with us.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #9
Wormgear

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Quote:
Thanks
Last time, with a good crowd there was not enough shade for the riders, bikes, guests, trucks and trailers so naturally the trucks and trailers had to go.
Wormgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #10
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Thanks
It's our first time here, and the CMRA will probably control the parking issue. I have a hard time seeing it NOT being crowded there... we'll see, but my guess is that they won't want any trailers under the covers.

There will be 4 groups, and the sessions will be 20 minutes long.

The "street group" will be capped, as always, we don't believe in crowded tracks for our customers. The racer groups may be crowded because so few have been to this track with the CMRA, and the endurance teams and sprinters will want track time. I expect the Novice and Expert to be pretty full.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #11
aarongore

Bike(s):
SV650, ZX7RR

I talked to Nancy last weekend at OHR and she said the parking was an issue with the MSRH staff and that they would basically have someone tell you where to park. I also heard that the water there is non-potable. Anyone know if that is true?? Wish I would have known that before I did the BBQ there.
aarongore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongore View Post
I talked to Nancy last weekend at OHR and she said the parking was an issue with the MSRH staff and that they would basically have someone tell you where to park. I also heard that the water there is non-potable. Anyone know if that is true?? Wish I would have known that before I did the BBQ there.
I guess it depends where you get your water from, I have no idea on that issue.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
aarongore

Bike(s):
SV650, ZX7RR

Something about the well not being deep enough or something is what was mentioned. Doesn't make much difference to me but it came up in the riders meeting. The place seemed really nice and roomy to me but maybe they've had some issues with parking at the CCS races.
aarongore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongore View Post
Something about the well not being deep enough or something is what was mentioned. Doesn't make much difference to me but it came up in the riders meeting. The place seemed really nice and roomy to me but maybe they've had some issues with parking at the CCS races.
I don't know about the CCS races- I'm sure the numbers for the CMRA event is going to be much bigger than they were though.

It's just that I'm sure everyone is going to want to park close to the pit-out area, and nobody is going to want to be out in the back forty.

We'll see, it should be a very successful event, and we're looking forward to it in a couple weeks.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #15
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
It's our first time here, and the CMRA will probably control the parking issue. I have a hard time seeing it NOT being crowded there... we'll see, but my guess is that they won't want any trailers under the covers.

There will be 4 groups, and the sessions will be 20 minutes long.

The "street group" will be capped, as always, we don't believe in crowded tracks for our customers. The racer groups may be crowded because so few have been to this track with the CMRA, and the endurance teams and sprinters will want track time. I expect the Novice and Expert to be pretty full.
ok thanks. Sounds like most will be parking along the track anyway. I'm not to concerned with not being able to park under the tents as long as I can get under them with my bike and chairs, but I am spoiled alittle with Bucks school since I can leave my trailer parked under them making it easy to get to tools etc.. Glad the street rider group is capped to because I always run into to much traffic with the ridesmart groups in intermediate, but next time I'll be taking Ty's class so that should clear some if that issue up when attending that school.
See ya out there and looking forward to meeting new people. This is a first time for me with Lonestar.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #16
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

A couple of things:

This is a CMRA race weekend, it's not like any other LSTD event, and really unlike Buck's track days.

There will be lots of folks here, the majority will be racers. We won't be sharing the track with cars, and we won't be doing 30 minute sessions. You'll get plenty of track time, but this is intended to get the racers practice, and allow a group of folks to get a track day in at the same time.

The CMRA runs most of the operation, LSTD only facilitates the track day- by and large, the CMRA is in charge on this day.

In addition, the CMRA charges a gate fee to get in (for everyone, I think it's $15), and the track is (I think) charging a camping fee (don't know what it is yet).
Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #17
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Can I come out and throw black cats on the track to celebrate the 4th?

Only during the races of course.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #18
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

Quote:
A couple of things:

This is a CMRA race weekend, it's not like any other LSTD event, and really unlike Buck's track days.

There will be lots of folks here, the majority will be racers. We won't be sharing the track with cars, and we won't be doing 30 minute sessions. You'll get plenty of track time, but this is intended to get the racers practice, and allow a group of folks to get a track day in at the same time.

The CMRA runs most of the operation, LSTD only facilitates the track day- by and large, the CMRA is in charge on this day.

In addition, the CMRA charges a gate fee to get in (for everyone, I think it's $15), and the track is (I think) charging a camping fee (don't know what it is yet).
ok thanks for the feedback. So this is $15 on top of my track fee with you guys? I might just sign up for my CMRA license and take it easy then since it will be so crowded.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #19
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
ok thanks for the feedback. So this is $15 on top of my track fee with you guys? I might just sign up for my CMRA license and take it easy then since it will be so crowded.
It's a CMRA gate entry fee as you enter the gate- just like the CCS races. The fee has nothing to do with us, we don't see that money, it pays the CMRA staffers for their weekend basically.

As I mentioned, the "Street" group will probably be the least crowded group. I anticipate that the "Expert, Novice, Rider's School/ Mini" groups will be crowded. We have an agreement that we will not cap the practice groups on pre-race weekends. Within reason, of course in the interest of safety.

I anticipate that it's going to be a whole lot of fun, and they'll be some fast mofos out there! I hope to get some time on track, but I don't think I'll have time as I also anticipate a busy day.

Can't wait!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #20
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Good Times!