MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #21
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Ya know being old like I am I remember having these thoughts about Kenny too.
I felt like there will NEVER be another rider as good. And I was right.

Rossi just very well may be better! Sorry Kenny.... You're the king in my book but Rossi can ride.
I remember watching Kenny, and I also was a huge fan of Bubba Shobert and Eddie Lawson- I thought that Steady Eddie was going to be the next best... it was weird how he fell off. Bubba was on the right track, but man, life took a detour for him! It sure is cool to see him around the track again though. His son may be a Horizon Award winner one day.

Head to head, I think Kenny would give Vale a run for his money if all things were equal (same type of modern machinery, both riders in their prime).
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
you probably don't care SteveohhXdank Off Topic 0 02-26-2011 01:41 PM
just watch the vid , or don't, whatever i don't care . lol ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 11 09-07-2009 09:08 AM
repost?? I don't care TREE Off Topic 1 03-06-2009 05:03 PM
I know yall prolly dont care but..... kenneth3602 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-17-2009 11:34 PM
I don't care Patrick Off Topic 30 10-19-2007 09:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #22
Elistan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Just like King Kenny, Agostini, and Wayne Gretsky (thrown in there to see if yall are sleeping), there will never be another Valentino Rossi!
I agree that Rossi is THE MotoGP rider today. But just like we have Ovechkin and Crosby coming onto the scene now, I think we could see some kid in the future equaling or beating Rossi's records.

The only thing that would prevent it, IMO, is a rules change such that the better you do, the more "rewards weight" gets added to your vehicle, to deliberately prevent any one person/team from dominating.

Personally, given reasonable equipment parity, I have no issue with a person (Schumacher, Woods, Mladin/Spies) dominating a sport. I enjoy watching such super-human achievements.

I hate the Red Wings, but it's still amazing to watch them play.
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #23
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elistan View Post
But just like we have Ovechkin and Crosby coming onto the scene now,...
Oh yeah, Crosby was a hack in the final. The 'Wings shut him down like the Chicken Ranch!

Since all things can't be equal between these riders of the past and present, it's easy to see that some of the things that were accomplished by these seemingly super-human athletes will never be equaled.

I think the Gretzky analogy will stand- no matter what the rules changes are, there's no way anyone will ever equal his accomplishments
Old 06-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #24
Elistan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

There's only so much that a great player can do against a focused team.

Good point, though. Rossi, like Gretzky, will ALWAYS be known as the Great One. Even Schumacher, with all he's accomplished, often gets second billing to Senna.
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:22 AM   #25
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby View Post
Rossi is da man!

Grinchy is online now   Reply With Quote