MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
viper15

Feedback Rating: (0)

Your Memories

I will be honest. I'm not getting as many responses as I thought I would in the "Wanted" thread, so I'm hoping more attention would be garnered here. I'm looking for a good condition Ninja 250 is all for a reasonable price. I'd much appreciate it.

But wait, before you tear me apart for flooding the "server", I'll offer a legitimate post:

What has beens some of your most memorable experiences as a rider? Some events that have affected you and your life on your bike that you will not forget? Here's one for me..

I've never touched let alone sat on a motor vehicle before in my life, but I was stupid and ignorant enough to try out "doughnuts" on my friends ATV. The next thing I know I was thrown off on the high side and seeing the beast of the ATV flipping in mid-air directly towards me. I was literally inches away from serious injury as I crawled quickly to safety. Pitfalls lie with he who is reared in the severest stupidity.... haha
viper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ah, memories... blends Off Topic 10 08-19-2011 12:03 PM
ah, memories.... Solracer Off Topic 12 08-17-2011 11:10 AM
Memories H2447INTX Off Topic 6 04-05-2011 01:00 PM
Memories... ecclissiass General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-06-2010 10:41 PM
Military Memories... Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 1 12-21-2006 03:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

craigslist is your friend homey. you will find killer deals there.

memorable experience? check this out:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=29
Old 06-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #3
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
I have to say that my most memorable experiences are riding the crystal beach ferry for some reason. liked doing it with my parents as a kid. with my girl in highschool and now even more by myself.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 AM   #4
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

My alltime favorite memory. Taking down an Apache!!!

Dude! This reminds me...the other day I was cruising through town...ya know, chillin with my on the back, wheeling from stoplight to stoplight cause that's what gets it done in this town. Anywayz...I'm cruising easy, flippin the "what up?" fingers to my homies riding by when I feel this rush of hot air blow past me! I don't see anything besides me or in the rear (cause I have no mirrors) and right in front of me is this Apache hovering at the next light! He pulls up a bit to let me stroll up, and I see he's giving me the "Let's go" sign...ya knows how I roll - I never back down! So I got it revved up to about 19,500k and I told the "hold on, gurl!"and the light changed and I pulled on this muhhfukka by like, three lengths! I skipped second gear and went straight to third(cause you can get up to speed faster that way) and I even shifted as my flip flop flew off!! So I see the Apache gaining on me and I am almost to the next light and I see I have 178 mph on the speedo but it's hard yo, cause my tank top kept blowing up in to my face. I just said "screw it" and up shifted in to six and I was like "whoa, I am going 198 mph and I am almost at the next light!". I knew I already won so I just put the kickstand down and I was waiting for him to catch up....the guy was cool...he was all like "Duuuude, you're really fast. If you would have given me four lengths I would have beaten you! He shook my hand and said my ol' lady was hot and flew off. Ya know the best part of all this? A cop pulled up and gave me back my flip flop and said "If you would have lost, son, I would have given you a freakin ticket!" . The cop was so cool he lead me home with his sirens on. When in doubt, just gas it!!

tiatool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #5
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Last edited by MudBug; 06-20-2008 at 01:35 AM.
MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:35 AM   #6
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
As of now....doing the Blue Water a few weeks back 2 up with the wife, and riding MSHR with the wife. This motorcycle chit is fun.
oh it gets better mang. just wait til you ride the hill country.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:36 AM   #7
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 AM   #8
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
waiting on u
ill let you know.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #9
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Worst memory....watchin my first bike bein loaded on a flat bed by a redneck while i was in the back of a troopers car with my hands behind my back....those next couple of days sucked

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
viper15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
My alltime favorite memory. Taking down an Apache!!!

Dude! This reminds me...the other day I was cruising through town...ya know, chillin with my on the back, wheeling from stoplight to stoplight cause that's what gets it done in this town. Anywayz...I'm cruising easy, flippin the "what up?" fingers to my homies riding by when I feel this rush of hot air blow past me! I don't see anything besides me or in the rear (cause I have no mirrors) and right in front of me is this Apache hovering at the next light! He pulls up a bit to let me stroll up, and I see he's giving me the "Let's go" sign...ya knows how I roll - I never back down! So I got it revved up to about 19,500k and I told the "hold on, gurl!"and the light changed and I pulled on this muhhfukka by like, three lengths! I skipped second gear and went straight to third(cause you can get up to speed faster that way) and I even shifted as my flip flop flew off!! So I see the Apache gaining on me and I am almost to the next light and I see I have 178 mph on the speedo but it's hard yo, cause my tank top kept blowing up in to my face. I just said "screw it" and up shifted in to six and I was like "whoa, I am going 198 mph and I am almost at the next light!". I knew I already won so I just put the kickstand down and I was waiting for him to catch up....the guy was cool...he was all like "Duuuude, you're really fast. If you would have given me four lengths I would have beaten you! He shook my hand and said my ol' lady was hot and flew off. Ya know the best part of all this? A cop pulled up and gave me back my flip flop and said "If you would have lost, son, I would have given you a freakin ticket!" . The cop was so cool he lead me home with his sirens on. When in doubt, just gas it!!

what is an apache? initially, i thought you were referring to the helicopter, but i realized that would make no sense
viper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #11
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Hill country rides and trackdays (Those are all memorable, unless it's freezing and raining )....
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #13
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-6racer View Post
Worst memory....watchin my first bike bein loaded on a flat bed by a redneck while i was in the back of a troopers car with my hands behind my back....those next couple of days sucked
Ouch. Not fun. :/:
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement