MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Brad Hall Remeberance

A co-worker/friend Brad Hall, Died 7 years ago on this day. I just wanted to say that I remembered you bud. Thanks for teaching me so much. I wish you would have listened to me and wore your gear.

Lil background:
Brad bought a new bike after not riding for 15yrs. I told him that things are different now than they were 15yrs ago. I asked him to wear gear but he said he was "safe". He bought the bike on Saturday and died the following Tuesday after taking the day off from work. He took a mild turn in Fulshear and went wide. The handlebar made a hole in his chest along with the other injuries. He was riding with a friend that happened to be a Dr. The Doc couldn't keep him alive and he died on the scene. I know that I did everything I could to keep him safe but you can't make a grown man do anything.

This is the reason why we say wear your gear. This is why I always wore my gear. Yeah I had a nasty crash and I was permanently injured but I am still here. Heed the warning!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big shout-out to brad Zombiekid Gear Talk 8 01-24-2011 09:24 PM
RIP Brad Simms dudewhrsmybike General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 05-23-2008 08:31 AM
Bad Boy Brad Gets a New Bike maskale General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 04-08-2007 03:23 PM
Brad Delp of Boston less_than_coop Off Topic 3 03-10-2007 08:38 PM
Brad is a track saver!!!! 0oAndyo0 Motorcycles Unlimited 9 12-11-2006 05:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

amen on gear!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Sad story. :/:

You can't remind someone enough to wear their gear! Unfortunate that this reminder involves your friends death but maybe it will make someone put on a jacket today when they get on teh bike instead of just helmet and gloves.

Good to see you remembering your friend too, he must have been a good one.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
RIP Brad..
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

rip brad...

gear is good, wrecking sucks!
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
Good to see you remembering your friend too, he must have been a good one.
He was a good one. He taught me a lot about writing different program languages. He had asked me to go ride with him but I was in the middle of a teardown on my second 900rr motor so I couldn't go. I am glad I didn't go now. He was one of those survival types that had a place in Montana with underground silos and stuff. He had gold, silver and living supplies in them somewhere only he knew where there were. We joked around after his death saying that we couldn't beleive he was dead. We said that he must have faked his death and went into hiding. He had all sorts of weapons including some serious 50cal FA guns mounted on tuorettes. He was one crazy mf'r.

He was a manager and he allowed me to set up a Quake II server. We had about 20 of us playing in the department. Talk about fun. I miss those days. We got so much work done at a rapid pace just so we could play quake. lol.

Advertisement