MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

police

last night a cop rolled by my buddies house and saw bikes out front. We didn't think much of them, they seemed to think something of us. Anyways a little after midnight I leave (on bike) and just before leaving the neighborhood I got three cops on my tail with their lights flashing. I pull up at the stop sign and turn around, they had turned their lights off and were just sitting behind me. I sit there for a few seconds and turn around and say "am I being pulled over". I recieved no comment so I drove away, they followed me out of the neigborhood and then turned the oppisite way I did.
It seems like they wanted me to run or do something stupid, I wasn't doing anything wrong and they were just with me.
Bottom Line make sure that you are legal, the cops may screw around with ya.

I'm sure everyone has a few stories like this...but it me off, three cop cars staking me out due to my mode of transportation.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 07-22-2014 08:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

yeah...theyll pull you over for a little thing...i got pulled over cause i didnt make a complete stop at the sign....and he did a pretty thorough evaluation of my bike and papers...couldnt find anything so he let me go..
Old 10-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
mikie6rr

Bike(s):
zx6rr

yea i get stoped all the time for my head lights. couse one is on and one is off.i get pulled over atleast 3/4 times a week .never a ticket just the run around.
mikie6rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboy326
yeah...theyll pull you over for a little thing...i got pulled over cause i didnt make a complete stop at the sign....and he did a pretty thorough evaluation of my bike and papers...couldnt find anything so he let me go..
well if you didnt make a complete stop doesnt that mean that its ok for the cop to pull you over?
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Max
rm -rf /

Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks

Send a message via AIM to Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfa3g11
well if you didnt make a complete stop doesnt that mean that its ok for the cop to pull you over?
yep! probable cause
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfa3g11
you would be correct Joey, so you get a cookie...the rest of you law-breakers don't
Old 10-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #7
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Well look at it this way.... Say that was a guy on a stolen bike, and on top of it, it was your bike he stole. Wouldn't you want a cop to make a random stop too?
Old 10-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #8
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

I wouldn't put up with it for a minute. Everytime an officer makes a traffic stop they have to fill out a form, often times they even have a video camera running. (I'm guessing when they make an attempt to stop a bike they're running the vid to make their evidence in court stick when someone runs) This BS of stopping just because you're riding a sportbike is going to continue until enough complaints are made and followed through by each and every one of us.

At one time it was a crime to be "driving while black" or any other minority. Enough pressure was put on the system to where nowadays they have to fill out the forms and make a short speech why a stop was necessary.

I would have asked if the stop was being recorded, and then ask for a supervisor to respond to the scene. **Note** If the stop WASN'T being recorded I would just take the name/badge number and file a written complaint with the agency's IAD/Professional standards unit and follow up with it. (if the stop wasn't being recorded and you ask for a supervisor the guy might/will make up other BS to justify the stop for the supervisor and that might turn into an unwanted free ride downtown)

This is a sensitive issue for me because I consider myself and those I ride/associate myself with to be fairly respectable and lawbiding and will not tolerate getting stopped because of what I choose to do legally.

Stand up y'all, it's time we put a stop to this BS
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #9
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

I agree with you, but sometimes sticking up for what is right will get you in trouble.
night last night, my car got broken into. The cops were too busy with bikers to make patrols and keep the thieves out of the neighborhood.

While they will wait on me for a couple hours to leave on bike, they won't do a thing about my car, an actual crime!
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:35 PM   #10
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

i got lucky last night cop let me go i was doing 80 in a 40 and pretty tipsy.... that was a badass cop...

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:37 PM   #11
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
yeah.. i heard you got pulled over... what exactly happened... thanks for calling when you got home too!

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:47 PM   #12
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

I did call just in case you where being sarcastic....

ummm some how or another i passed up 610and west-timer not really sure on how i did but i did...

Ended up at 290 driving down the feeder in a of rage doing 85-90 then the po-po pulled me over i said im going to jail he says get out of the truck i say its over.. he then says what the where you doing driving so fast i said a was because i was lost and couldn’t find 610. he asked if i had been drink i said no i woke up about 30 min ago... he then told me how to get to 610 and said that he was going to right my license plate # down and if he got any calls about me that he would issue a warrant i was like cool later...

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:58 PM   #13
SE_Ryder122

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

^ lucky .
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #14
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
you got lucky.. and No I was being psarchastic... I'm glad you called brotha..

you gots lucky!

good call on the excuses!

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement