MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #41
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
BS. Any wiener with a liter bike and the ability to twist the throttle without falling off can pull these wheelies. Big deal.
not to start anything or keep it going but doing BP wheelies with back brake control is a skill...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Take That, ! Bevo Off Topic 21 07-19-2012 03:52 PM
Take That, Bevo Off Topic 14 06-08-2012 05:15 AM
it's snowing ,! hotcknstrips Off Topic 46 12-10-2008 04:24 PM
Riding ... Squoddybody General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 10-21-2008 08:40 AM
bring it Prodigy General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 11-04-2005 03:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #42
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4iguy View Post
not to start anything or keep it going but doing BP wheelies with back brake control is a skill...
Just to clarify again, I don't stunt and probably can't (don't really have the interest). I appreciate the skill it takes to actually "stunt".

What these guys in the vid were doing can be accomplished by simply twisting the throttle on a 150hp bike. Yeah, it takes some balance to keep it going, but unless these guys have a rear hand brake, they are modulating the throttle to keep it up. Doesn't take much practice to do that, and the more they do it, the further they hold it.

I had an incident several months ago where a bunch of wannabe's were holding up 59 in Sugar Land going about 35 mph and doing this very same thing. All the eager soccer moms were right on their . The duffus's that would hammer a wheelie up to about 80mph would have been toast if they would have ate it. Not to mention these brain surgeons were doing this through a construction zone

But by all means, those of you who feel inclined to think this is a good idea, or skillful and impressive, keep on, Darwinism will eventually take care of these things. Personally, if people would keep things like aggressive riding and stunting off public roads and on closed courses or closed stunt spots, we may not see so many "RIP" threads and "rider down!!!!" threads That's my hope anyway.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #43
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
ahahahaha so who's ready to kill the streets?
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #44
zampano

Send a message via AIM to zampano
I agree that being in a group that holds up traffic is a bumb thing to do

controlling traffic just cagers off, and they dont have the reaction time to stop their 10,000 lbs SUV before it hits you doing 60mph cus you fell. MAYBE if you were really smart about how you did it I could see it working. Like block all lanes but one so the cages can still get by, but idk, its still risky and illegal AND what gets other bikes who match the same description in trouble.

I do however think that "any idiot can pop a wheelie" might be a little bit of a stretch, and it is cool to watch .... but then again, I dont blame people for calling cops on them. I see it as the same as calling cops on a drunk driver.

either way, the video was pretty entertaining
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #45
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Just to clarify again, I don't stunt and probably can't (don't really have the interest). I appreciate the skill it takes to actually "stunt".

What these guys in the vid were doing can be accomplished by simply twisting the throttle on a 150hp bike. Yeah, it takes some balance to keep it going, but unless these guys have a rear hand brake, they are modulating the throttle to keep it up. Doesn't take much practice to do that, and the more they do it, the further they hold it.

I had an incident several months ago where a bunch of wannabe's were holding up 59 in Sugar Land going about 35 mph and doing this very same thing. All the eager soccer moms were right on their . The duffus's that would hammer a wheelie up to about 80mph would have been toast if they would have ate it. Not to mention these brain surgeons were doing this through a construction zone

But by all means, those of you who feel inclined to think this is a good idea, or skillful and impressive, keep on, Darwinism will eventually take care of these things. Personally, if people would keep things like aggressive riding and stunting off public roads and on closed courses or closed stunt spots, we may not see so many "RIP" threads and "rider down!!!!" threads That's my hope anyway.

i've never seen a thread yet that said " rip brian you crazy seat stander to high chair fool" man brian was doing a seat stander and jumped to high chair and ate and now he's dead!!! omgz what shall we do"

and also most of us keep it in lots...but in my opinion those guys were not doing 80mph wheelies and setting it down at 100mph+

i know what your all talking about cause i do stunt ride and i do have a 20 month old son and a wife...its just that the video had in it cause they were saying it's cool but calling cops.

there used to be this group in houston, and haters made them famous.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #46
BuffaloRider13
Pro Bike

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
XR600R in another state with a screwed top end

HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BuffaloRider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #47
stunterdude

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
04 zx10,03 gsxr600,2001 f4i, 03 gsxr 1000, 2006 yzf250,2004crf150,2006 crf 450r,2001 929,06 klx 110

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to stunterdude
old people who call cops cuz they cant do the wheelies
Old 08-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #48
Marcus McBain

Quote:

Tom,

Hit eject...

Argue with fools....

Marcus
Marcus McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #49
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus McBain View Post
Tom,

Hit eject...

Argue with fools....

Marcus
Old 08-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #50
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus McBain View Post
Tom,

Hit eject...

Argue with fools....

Marcus
Man, I did that like 2 months ago... I guess people got their feelings hurt

I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about and I'm just an old guy. Oh well.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #51
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Man, I did that like 2 months ago... I guess people got their feelings hurt

I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about and I'm just an old guy. Oh well.
you're so off
Old 08-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #52
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
Quote:
you're so off
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #53
Javi
Siempre positivo..

repost but heck it still the most freeway friendly clip.. check out the coaster 2:13

Last edited by Javi; 08-13-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #54
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #55
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

i hear a bunch a puzzi3s in here . lol..

who cares if the held up traffic?? o well ..wrong place wrong time lol
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #56
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
i hear a bunch a puzzi3s in here . lol..

who cares if the held up traffic?? o well ..wrong place wrong time lol
Quote:
you're so off
Clearly.

That's cool with me, yall keep on keepin' on, it keeps me employed
Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #57
BuffaloRider13
Pro Bike

Bike(s):

Fo sho grubz.... But what i dont understand is why peeps come in the stunters lounge saying it takes no skill to wheelie
"can be accomplished by simply twisting the throttle on a 150hp bike. Yeah, it takes some balance to keep it going, but unless these guys have a rear hand brake, they are modulating the throttle to keep it up. Doesn't take much practice to do that, and the more they do it, the further they hold it."
blah blah... you do it

Stunting is a addiction to me. I may not be the best in the lot but highway wheelies are awsome. Dont hate cause you dont have the to do it.. and dont call the dam cops if you enjoy it enough to follow and film for 10 mins
Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #58
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloRider13 View Post
Fo sho grubz.... But what i dont understand is why peeps come in the stunters lounge saying it takes no skill to wheelie
"can be accomplished by simply twisting the throttle on a 150hp bike. Yeah, it takes some balance to keep it going, but unless these guys have a rear hand brake, they are modulating the throttle to keep it up. Doesn't take much practice to do that, and the more they do it, the further they hold it."
blah blah... you do it

Stunting is a addiction to me. I may not be the best in the lot but highway wheelies are awsome. Dont hate cause you dont have the to do it.. and dont call the dam cops if you enjoy it enough to follow and film for 10 mins
, more hurt feelings.

You need to read the whole post(s) man. Either that or comprehend them better.

I never said that stunting doesn't take skill, if you read what I wrote, I said I appreciate the skill it does take. I don't stunt because I don't want to, it's never interested me in the least, speed is my thing. I enjoy watching skillful stunters at shows, I enjoy watching some vids, but the dingbats that do that on the streets are the issue, just like the idiots that "race" on the streets are.

To make things simple, I'll do it any time you want- at a track! I even made that offer to the neigh-sayers to come on out to watch at the track day if it's so important to them. Strangely, nobody showed...

Not to mention, I don't follow these idiots and film them- if someone else does, more power to them and I hope that the video puts those idiots in the pokey for doing that on the streets.

Like I said though, I like my job, so yall keep on doing it. Keeps me employed
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #59
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Primaily, prolly because the darn posts showed up in the 'new posts' section, and occasionaly some of us forget to check with 'forum' section the post is in.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #60
BuffaloRider13
Pro Bike

Bike(s):

No hurt feelings here.. And i didnt read all the thread so i apoligize about that.. And im glad for once someone talkin $hit can actually do a wheelie.. But to come in the stunters lounge and pretty much call us stupid for doing wheelies on the highway how is that any more dangerous than topping out your bike and carving corners on a track.. Id say were both idots and just dont get along....lol

Advertisement