MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

MEET AND GREET MANIFESTO

THE PURPOSE OF A MEET AND GREET

With the recent mass influx if new members registering on MotoHouston lately, there have been alot of meet and greets
being organized in every corner of HOuston. And with just about every meet and greet organized and list started, there are
always members who say "I don't know if I should go because I don't know anyone.". Please understand that the purpose
of MotoHouston is to be a community of like-minded individuals who share a common passion for motorcycling, no matter
what type of bike one may have, running or not, and some don't even have motorcycles yet. This is perfectly acceptable as
well. We schedule our meet and greets not just to hang out with people we already know, but to meet new people as well. I
myself, along with everyone else on the board, was a noob at one time and didn't know a single soul. If I didn't want to
meet anyone, I would not have registered in the first place.
There have also been some concerns involving new members going to a gathering and nobody talking to them. Let me assure you
that this is in no way intentional, nor is it meant to discourage anyone from coming again. We are not out to "ignore"
anyone, no matter what kind of little skirmish may have occurred between any members ON the board. However, there are
a couple of things you may want to keep in mind when attending meet and greets:

1.If you're new to MotoHouston and have never been to a meet and greet, please take the initiative to introduce yourself
to at least a couple of the members this way we know you're here for the same reason we are. Sometimes members will show
up and become a wallflower and sit very quietly and distance themselves from the crowd. You must understand that if
you do this, there is no way for us to know why youre there, especially if you caged it and are not in gear.
2.Don't show up to a meet and greet with great expectations of getting to meet everyone there, especially when the
turn out is in high numbers. Although sometimes you will get to meet everyone, don't feel bad if you don't remember
everyone's name, and don't get your feelings hurt if people forget yours. When talking on the board with eachother
for a while, meeting them in person and remembering their real name may be a bit difficult when all you know them by
is their board handle. I still call alot of people by their board names.
3.HAVE A GOOD TIME! That's what we are here for. We want everyone to have a great time and make great connections within
the motorcycle community. You will find that you will make friends that you would have never made otherwise. We are
always willing to help a fellow rider out no matter what the case may be, unless it's illegal, in which case our cut
better be a good one. I totalled my bike about four months ago and would not have it back on the road if it werern't
for Ralph and Clayton, both of which i met here.
4.YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RIDE YOUR BIKE TO THE MEET AND GREETS. Remember that one. I can't count how many people say they
can't make it at the last minute because something happened with their bike, or it's gonna rain, etc. Unless the bike
is your only source of transportation, CAGE IT! alot of us do anyway because we like to drink at the meets.
5.If you're going to a meet in an area of Houston in which you've never been, please heed to the advice listed, no
matter how long you've been a member of the board. It may be difficult for members to make a meet on the other
side of Houston, but when you do, you most likely won't know most of the people there personally.
6.This to me is the most important aspect of a meet: Those of us on MotoHouston who have been members for some time
and know just about all of the other long term members have an obligation to make the new members feel welcome and
wanted. Although we advise noobs to introduce themselves at the meets, this is not always the case and there will
always be people too shy to do so, which is why we must ALSO take initiative to introduce ourselves to them. And no
matter how many of them we may attend, we also must remember that there will always be new people wanting to be a
part of such a great community.
7.Just because you are new, do not feel like you don't have a right to organize your own meet or ride. Feel 100% free to
do so but you will be expected to follow through any promises you make for the event, weather it be designated parking,
reserved dining area, etc. Set it up, and people will come. Just try and not make it on the same day as another meet
on the same side of town.

MotoHouston is getting more exposure than ever before, and the name is getting around very rapidly. With all of the new
members registering we have a moral obligation to maintain a positive image not only to other motorcyclists, but to
the public as well. Take care fellas and hope to meet every last one of you in the future, and yes, that goes for RACER X
too.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
meet n greet J-ryder Events, Meets and Rides 6 11-08-2011 02:30 AM
meet n greet J-ryder Events, Meets and Rides 3 11-07-2011 09:30 AM
4/8 meet and greet witchdoctor575 Events, Meets and Rides 231 04-11-2008 11:04 PM
meet and greet? BKLYNBULLET Events, Meets and Rides 70 02-26-2008 11:34 PM
meet and greet might be a meet and flee! JRxGRUBZx General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 09-25-2007 11:21 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
JRxGRUBZx

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

sticky ?

oh and to respond to number 3 i liek calling ppls by their board name ... its funny
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Very nice Az. This deserves a sticky.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

Good job Azylum....motion for stickyness thirded

I know that I made it to one M&G but didn't get to meet many people as they were already eating or deep into convos that I didn't feel right going up and saying "Hi I'm the new guy!"....now I know I should have
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ* View Post
Good job Azylum....motion for stickyness thirded

I know that I made it to one M&G but didn't get to meet many people as they were already eating or deep into convos that I didn't feel right going up and saying "Hi I'm the new guy!"....now I know I should have
there are many scenarios and theres no way for me to cover them all, but i wouldnt interrupt anyone's conversation either.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R

:/: I like to sit in the corner and scowl at people... then complain about how crappy the M&G was....

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

I gotcha Azylum...I wasn't bitter about the M&G...

just the lack of BBQ invite
Old 06-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

"I myself, along with everyone else on the board, was a noob at one time and didn't know a single soul. "

wrong, i was never a noob
lbjasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
"I myself, along with everyone else on the board, was a noob at one time and didn't know a single soul. "

wrong, i was never a noob
dude, youre still a noob.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
sooo true
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
ya well......ya

"yo why u gotta make me feel inferior cuz i'm on the grill b!"

NOOB TIL I DIE BISHES
Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #12
KeeBee
Old man

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
12 HD Street Glide
11 HD Softail Deluxe
SOLD 08 Liquid Silver R6
STOLEN 93 GSXR 750

Send a message via AIM to KeeBee
Most of the bike dealers around this area have a shortage of bikes. The last 2 dealers I was in had 6 or less sport bikes left until August or September.
KeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #13
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeBee View Post
Most of the bike dealers around this area have a shortage of bikes. The last 2 dealers I was in had 6 or less sport bikes left until August or September.
what?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeBee View Post
huh?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #15
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

this thread in responce to someones whining?
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

dj fuc it up in the mix
Old 06-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
Oh!Thatgirl
He's for sale...... Cheap

Experience: 9-12 months

Amazing job!!
LOL!!
What do you mean about the other side of town...
I hang out with you weird S.E. side people!
LOL!
Sticky please?
Oh!Thatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Good thread Mike. I like to go to the M&G and start fights after talking a little e chit to everyone.

I can't agree more about just introducing yourself to people. Shoot, I'm having a TX Hold Em tournament at my house this Friday and only know about have the MH people coming over.

I can remember when I first joined MH after moving here from TN. A few memorable days for me were:

1. I got to met YankeeR6 (matt) before he passed. I soon realized how much love is really out there with this MH group. I went to the funeral and hardly knew him but I cried like a baby.
2. I did my first SMR in the rain on the fourth of July of 2007.
3. Had Thanksgiving dinner at my house and Jet and few others showed up.
4. Matt showed up at my house at 7:30 in the morning on a Sunday to help me fix a minor electrical problem.
5. I did my first track day a few months ago and this all because of the people I have meet on MH.
6. Met Patrick and the Motorcycles Unlimited group and they are truly an outstanding group of individuals.

These seem trival to some but when you leave everything behind and uproot and start over and know absolutely no one, it helps to share a passion like motorcycle racing and riding.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #19
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
this thread in responce to someones whining?
actually no. its in response to so many new people wondering if they should go or not because theyre, well, new.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #20
KeeBee
Old man

Bike(s):
12 HD Street Glide
11 HD Softail Deluxe
SOLD 08 Liquid Silver R6
STOLEN 93 GSXR 750

Send a message via AIM to KeeBee
Quote:
what?
haha sorry posting from work. Figuring thats why we have a lot of new motohouston members. :P Boss came in was posting this up and cut it short. bleh
KeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement