MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #61
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
HAHA funny you should say that... ACTUALLY since I have been riding since i was 8 years old i went ahead and got the 1000rr first never upgraded from a 600.. I bought the 600 AFTER the 1000. i bought the 1000 from a friend for ALOT LESS than i would have bought a new 600 for my bike didnt even have 200 miles on when i bought it from my friend... I no longer have that bike because 1 WAY more than i would ever need and 2 dont ride streets anymore...

But nice try!
opinions are like ...everyones got one....oh well !!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ninja 250r sloshedmrbones Performance and Modifications 9 08-31-2008 05:25 PM
"GSX-R 600 or Ninja 250r?" Thread Closed Due to Petty Bickering chrisd Off Topic 19 06-19-2008 08:29 PM
ninja 250r Twitch General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 04-01-2008 10:55 AM
While I'm still waiting on the Ninja 250r to come in... AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 02-12-2008 05:39 AM
Ninja 250R First Bike? AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 01-07-2008 09:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #62
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c1ej8 View Post
gixxergirl you should just give up on your arguement racer among many will not hear it and will continue to make you feel like an idiot or defend yourself been down this road with him before it goes straight to no where. everyone wants everyones opinion and they recieve everyones opinion of everyone elses opinion which isnt what was asked for so i will just shrug along and say oh yeah get a 250 they the best ever im soooooooo mad i didnt go with one first i hate my 600

(i agree with you though)

if it is just an opinion than no one is right and no one is wrong and gixxegirl should not give up in her beliefs.

Racer, you being a wiser member of this forum should know the only way to become wise is through exerience and time, (that is the definition of wisdom)
Everyone makes valid points. Rather a 250 or a 600 it is a matter of opinion, none of us can say he made the right or wrong decision.

Again, "I agree to be disagreeable!"
Old 06-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #63
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybikes View Post
"Unless you are doing it to pose you dont NEED to upgrade.. maybe you should take tht 600 of yorus out to the track to see its real potential. "

She never stated she NEEDED to upgrade, she said shes ready to upgrade. And by saying ready, she never said she could outride her 600, she just wants something bigger and better, nothing wrong with that. I upgraded and I don't regret my decision one bit. Could I outride my 636? NO! But my ZX-10R makes me happy and I enjoy the out of riding it (and enjoy riding the out of it LOL) and thats what I care about.
!!!! thank you man !!! whoa...someone can read.....couldnt have said it better.....
Old 06-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #64
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
why would you say that??? what are you basing the comment on??? everyone needs an upgrade every now and then.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybikes View Post
"Unless you are doing it to pose you dont NEED to upgrade.. maybe you should take tht 600 of yorus out to the track to see its real potential. "

She never stated she NEEDED to upgrade, she said shes ready to upgrade. And by saying ready, she never said she could outride her 600, she just wants something bigger and better, nothing wrong with that. I upgraded and I don't regret my decision one bit. Could I outride my 636? NO! But my ZX-10R makes me happy and I enjoy the out of riding it (and enjoy riding the out of it LOL) and thats what I care about.
Umm actually she did ... sorry just didnt feel like quoting both of them!

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #65
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
opinions are like ...everyones got one....oh well !!
no what i said was a fact... IF you want to learn the REAL potential of the bike you have then you should do some track days.. riding around 610 going to the wall is not your bikes full potential.

And your little comment MIGHT have made sense if you actually quoted one where i was giving my opinion on something not where I was telling you why I had the 1000 to begin with which was a question you asked.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #66
b18c1ej8
semi-n00b

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4I

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
if it is just an opinion than no one is right and no one is wrong and gixxegirl should not give up in her beliefs.

Racer, you being a wiser member of this forum should know the only way to become wise is through exerience and time, (that is the definition of wisdom)
Everyone makes valid points. Rather a 250 or a 600 it is a matter of opinion, none of us can say he made the right or wrong decision.

Again, "I agree to be disagreeable!"
haha well said and i will disagree slightly but i wont muck up this dudes thread
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com

Motorcycles Unlimited Sig1
Old 06-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #67
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

what makes a 600 a good beginner bike? anyone?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #68
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
is this a trick question???? gsxr600 or 250???? go with the REAL bike...gsxr600 ooooohhhh yeeeeaaauhhhh..... =) i took the class and had absolutely no experience with bikes...i started with my 600...now im ready to upgrade in the next yr or two....
actually brenna here is my original quote...the word NEED is not used until you responded using it to reply to me....alright...ive said what ive had to say...brenna and racer x....know it all !!!! uhh...yeah....ok.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #69
monkeyfist
Banned

Bike(s):
yours

User is banned

Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #70
Waerloga

Member Garage

Quote:
actually brenna here is my original quote...the word NEED is not used until you responded using it to reply to me....alright...ive said what ive had to say...brenna and racer x....know it all !!!! uhh...yeah....ok.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #71
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

1) http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page
2) New Riders http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/New_Riders
3) http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.c...0cc-motorcycle
4) And my favorite: http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.c...r-bike-updated

yes, i can't wait for my SV650, I've put 6200 miles on my Ninja 250 since Dec. I love it. If you think they can't get up and go, your wrong, they are like driving a GTI, or Subaru to a point. They get up and go faster than most general cars.... and I was cruising at 80 mph on the freeway the otherday on 45. They can go. The difference is I can't just twist my wrist at 80 mph and launch myself around cars. I have to plan my moves and think of safety. That's why they are sooooo good. I'm glad I started on it. Yes I can't wait for more power, but in twisties a ninja 250 could leave a 600+ behind if a good rider was using it. Its about rider techinque. UPGRADE THE RIDER BEFORE THE BIKE.

I know its not the most amazing looking sexy bike (older 250s, then new is sweet but overpriced right now). Buy a $2000 ninja 250 and sell if for close to the same, and GEAR UP! Read those articles. you won't regret getting the 250 for your first bike. You can't start to small. I kept up with 1000cc's riding a few months ago for the most part, lagged when they started the 90pmh craziness, but then again, YOU DON'T need that right now (or probably ever on the street!)

hope that helps. I don't regret it and the people who say you'll regret it normally DIDN'T START small like you will! Read those articles and ride safe!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #72
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Helps darwins theory work faster.....
Old 06-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #73
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
why would you say that??? what are you basing the comment on??? everyone needs an upgrade every now and then.....
Post # 32

[QUOTE=Brena23;1255286]
Unless you are doing it to pose you dont NEED to upgrade.. maybe you should take tht 600 of yorus out to the track to see its real potential.
[QUOTE]

Post # 45

Quote:
Come on now if you are gonna try and put me on the spot at least get your facts straight. And its Brena

Old 06-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #74
monkeyfist
Banned

Bike(s):
yours

User is banned

Old 06-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #75
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Is this a trick question? Racer, I am by no means trying to discredit you, but isn't this an oxymoron?

I can not answer that question, but maybe you can answer mine.

What makes a 250 an excellent starter bike? Or better yet, what makes any bike an excellent starter bike?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #76
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
is this a trick question???? gsxr600 or 250???? go with the REAL bike...gsxr600 ooooohhhh yeeeeaaauhhhh..... =) i took the class and had absolutely no experience with bikes...i started with my 600...now im ready to upgrade in the next yr or two....
Quote:
no what i said was a fact... IF you want to learn the REAL potential of the bike you have then you should do some track days.. riding around 610 going to the wall is not your bikes full potential.

And your little comment MIGHT have made sense if you actually quoted one where i was giving my opinion on something not where I was telling you why I had the 1000 to begin with which was a question you asked.
so you ve seen me ridin to the walls on 610 huh??? i dont think you have cuz i dont do that....you dont know my style of riding nor do you know where i ride....also about my "little" comment making sense... i realize that i didnt quote you giving an opinion...i was actually just tryin to squash all this back n forth mess ....thats all.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #77
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
1) http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page
2) New Riders http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/New_Riders
3) http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.c...0cc-motorcycle
4) And my favorite: http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.c...r-bike-updated

yes, i can't wait for my SV650, I've put 6200 miles on my Ninja 250 since Dec. I love it. If you think they can't get up and go, your wrong, they are like driving a GTI, or Subaru to a point. They get up and go faster than most general cars.... and I was cruising at 80 mph on the freeway the otherday on 45. They can go. The difference is I can't just twist my wrist at 80 mph and launch myself around cars. I have to plan my moves and think of safety. That's why they are sooooo good. I'm glad I started on it. Yes I can't wait for more power, but in twisties a ninja 250 could leave a 600+ behind if a good rider was using it. Its about rider techinque. UPGRADE THE RIDER BEFORE THE BIKE.

I know its not the most amazing looking sexy bike (older 250s, then new is sweet but overpriced right now). Buy a $2000 ninja 250 and sell if for close to the same, and GEAR UP! Read those articles. you won't regret getting the 250 for your first bike. You can't start to small. I kept up with 1000cc's riding a few months ago for the most part, lagged when they started the 90pmh craziness, but then again, YOU DON'T need that right now (or probably ever on the street!)

hope that helps. I don't regret it and the people who say you'll regret it normally DIDN'T START small like you will! Read those articles and ride safe!

the svs ROCK... I would love to get one when i can afford it. and well said on the rest.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #78
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Bike(s):

Quote:
the svs ROCK... I would love to get one when i can afford it. and well said on the rest.
Thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #79
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
I apologize, never got a chance to read where she said everyone needs an upgrade now and then. Twice she has said shes ready to upgrade so the using the word "need" ONCE, was probably a bad word choice on her part.

Quote:
i took the class and had absolutely no experience with bikes...i started with my 600...now im ready to upgrade in the next yr or two....

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Old 06-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #80
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
so you ve seen me ridin to the walls on 610 huh??? i dont think you have cuz i dont do that....you dont know my style of riding nor do you know where i ride....also about my "little" comment making sense... i realize that i didnt quote you giving an opinion...i was actually just tryin to squash all this back n forth mess ....thats all.
the comment riding around 610 to the wall was a figure of speech. Nowhere in there did i say i saw you riding around to the wall. I was reffering to anywhere.

Closed Thread

Advertisement