MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

DMG SuperStock Class?

I read that the DMG is looking to add a Super Stock type class for the 1000 cc class.
I understand that they are allowed front fork kits, rear shocks, pipes, and ECU but that's it.

I don't know the difference between Super Bike and Super Stock. Do the Super Bikes have engine modifications and adders that aren't allowed in Super Stock racing?
Where do I find out the differences?

Thanks...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another win for DMG?? aarongore Taking it to the Track 3 09-20-2009 11:54 AM
DMG/AMA n2racing Taking it to the Track 2 07-03-2008 10:21 PM
DMG/AMA To Offer "Factory Superbike" Class In '09? jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 1 07-03-2008 07:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
I don't know the specifics. But I do know they are two DIFFERENT worlds of classes.

Superstock- Out of the box with adjustments to chassis and a few other things only. Aftermarket suspension and brake systems are in play. I'm not sure if they are allowed to play around with the electronics or not.

Superbike- Pretty much the entire bike is fair game. They change out anything they can for aftermarket parts. Engine adjustments such as gear ratios and valve adjustments are in play. I do know however they are restricted to some regulations. Like shaving down certain engine parts is a no no. They may have to stay within some weight limits, but I don't know for sure. One of the full blooded racers on the forum could probably explain all this in better detail.......I just watch and learn what I can from reading and talking to others. There are others around here who have followed the sport a lot longer then I. Differences in what fuels/fuel systems are allowed also seperate the two as well.

In a nut shell, Superstock is for the most part ecxactly that....."stock". Superbike is a un-holy beast with the industries best parts and the sports best set-ups on the machine. The next best thing to MotoGP.......the first bikes to see prototype material, commercialized and on their way to us peons.

I hope this helps draw a better picture for ya.......but then again I'm not the most educated feller on the issue.

-Adam

Last edited by RoadracerNC; 06-16-2008 at 11:14 AM.
RoadracerNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement