MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #21
chadeaux
Chad-O

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
'09 V Star 950

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c1ej8 View Post
unless I have ridden with you before not a chance in of you even sitting on it, to many close calls, I don't wanna hear the "I used to have a bike thinkin bout getting another" etc etc the only person who sits on my bike is me and a select few. the only person besides me who has ridden it is my dad (he teaches msf so I felt it prob ok)
Yeah, I get a lot of the "I used to have one" or "I've always wanted one". Then the simple solution is... get your own. I think I just have to start being a jerk about it or people will continue. The guy who reached over and revved it while I was on it was the last straw... I got off the bike and got in his face pretty good.
chadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Messing with the wife's bike. 1308cc General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-19-2012 07:21 PM
My rant about some people on MH camaroz2866 Off Topic 34 08-10-2010 07:51 PM
stupid people/rant CG636 Off Topic 35 01-16-2010 08:29 PM
People messing with the fuel reserve switch? GraemePC General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-11-2008 10:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #22
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

I was at Motorcycles Unlimited one time and this guy gets on one of the bikes out front even though every one says "don't sit please ask for assistance". He dropped it and tried to act like it didn't happen. I saw it and told patrick. It was funny. That guy was hoping no one saw it. Got caught red handed.
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #23
monkeyfist
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
yours

User is banned

monkeyfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #24
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

cash deposit in the ammount of 15000 cover the cost of a new bike and time to go and get it, otherwise keep you sorry offa my bike!!!! so far no one has ridden or pearched their upon my seat

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #25
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

this is probably THE #1 problem I have when I take my bike to work. it absolutely burns me up when I walk out and see some dip $hit sittin on my baby! if I've seen you ride before, fine try it out; otherwise....back the F*CK OFF and get your own bike!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess since im a girl and ride, other girls "think" they can too since "they're boyfriend rides or they've ridde on the back of one before" so they just help themselves when ever I'm not even around and one actually knocked it into the wall next to where I was parked one day :(
Old 06-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #26
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

Getting on my bike is kinda like getting on my wife, unless you wan't a bullet in your head I wouldn't advise it.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #27
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

definite grounds for an stompin!like stated before i always keep mine in gear, with the handle bars locked. never had anyone sit on it....that i know of though. people dont give a tho. whats worse is someone sittin on it would drop it, and then take off. people like that need to meet the glock 40. cal
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #28
Nox

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

i make my bike my main mode of transport and FORTUNATELY working at Motorcycles Unlimited affords me the oppurtunity of being able to watch it all day and remain within a 20-30 foot proximity of my bike. but still on REGULAR occasions i have to apply the 'shoo fly' to my bike.

i thought one day i was even going to have protect myself because some total dufus-moron was actually offended when i approached him about being on my bike.

'oh its not for sale?'

thats a regular assumption we get.

ive still not been able to come to an understanding about why people feel so free to do whatever they want to on someone elses bike.

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #29
chadeaux
Chad-O

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
'09 V Star 950

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6 View Post
Getting on my bike is kinda like getting on my wife, unless you wan't a bullet in your head I wouldn't advise it.
haha... well said.

I don't understand what is wrong with just looking. I guess when I catch people on my bike I will go sit on their hood and be like "what ?", or "I've always wanted a car like yours... so bad I had to come sit on it".
chadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #30
av8_r22

Bike(s):
2005 SV650S

Wow. This thread absolutely baffles me.

You expect stupid behaviour from criminals... but it sounds like these people aren't malicious, they just ACTUALLY think it's ok to fvck with someone's bike. That's more scary then crime.

I know things are changing, but do we really live in such self-indulgence that a person could think that that kind of behaviour is ok?

Wow.

Guess I'll be shopping for an alarm soon.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #31
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

I have no problem with people doing that at work ... usually starts a good converstation about bikes and I love talking about bikes ... now at the mall, or rest stops and what not ... don't sit on my bike without asking!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #32
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
At work I park in the back and they all know not to mess with it.

I had more people outside salsa bars at night messing w the katana then the busa... no one seems to want to touch it... no problem on my end. Plus its good to know the cops and bouncers.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #33
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Thats a great response from the guy a few posts back....start a convo with the person who sat on your bike and ask them "hey, lets check out your ride" walk over to their car and sit on the hood and then be like "I've always wanted a car like this, just wanted to check it out".
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #34
coolhaven

Bike(s):
goldwing
1500 intruder
gsxr
gs850

Reminds me of a time long ago. me and flying_duc went to AJ foyt kawasaki just looking and hanging out me on my gsxer and tim on his 916 duc(can you read auto kickstand retracter!) I looked outside just about the time the guy was getting off tims duck (kickstand up!) we made just in time for tim to grab his bike!...let me tell i can still remember tims red face and him hollering at the guy i`ll tell you one thing that guy would NEVER do that again!....so yes it happens all the time and everytime it happens to me i get mad as well........................mark
coolhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #35
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to peruvian
i would be ... but i never had anyone do that to me... yet!!
peruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #36
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I have an unusual paint job. I have come out of a store and found a women on my bike and a guy taking pics. I was thinkin wtf, but she did look good on it. A guy would get a fat lip more than likely. I have had numerous people put fingers to it to feel for lines on what they think are stickers. They want to rub all over it to check to see if its paint of stickers. I act like it not mine and talk to them. Im like thats nice are they stickers. They say I dont think so. I say no its paint now get your dik grabbers off of my shyt.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #37
aznoophi
Nsty s2k

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
08 gsxr 600
06 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I have an unusual paint job. I have come out of a store and found a women on my bike and a guy taking pics. I was thinkin wtf, but she did look good on it. A guy would get a fat lip more than likely. I have had numerous people put fingers to it to feel for lines on what they think are stickers. They want to rub all over it to check to see if its paint of stickers. I act like it not mine and talk to them. Im like thats nice are they stickers. They say I dont think so. I say no its paint now get your dik grabbers off of my shyt.
hahahaha thats a good one there lmao
Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #38
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

I have had that problem happen once before I got my alarm. I saw a guy on my bike in the mall parking lot. As I walked up to him I cleared my throat. When he looked at me, I raised my shirt exposing my G19 (Glock) tucked in my jeans. "Get off my bike." Is all I said. He sheepishly apologized after he got off with his hands in the air.

But if I have to go to public places and be away from my bike for awhile, I usually just take my GF's car. I don't like leaving my other "GF" alone too long.

Last edited by Urban Ninja; 06-15-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #39
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Sweet View Post
I had some A$$ key my HD last night. I walked outside my hotel room and he was leaned all on my bike with his leg up on the peg then decided to just have a seat while carrying on a conversation with another biker. He was asked kindly to remove himself from my bike and went and sat on his friends bike behind mine. I walked out this morning and there was a scratch on the back fender and side of my gas tank. His friend being a biker and knowing that it was not his bike should have said something to this guy. How do you not know that when it isn't yours you just keep to yourself???
D*mn, Becca! WTF?! That an expensive paint job on your HD.

I'm really sorry to hear about this.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #40
av8_r22

Bike(s):
2005 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
When he looked at me, I raised my shirt exposing my G19 (Glock) tucked in my jeans.
I'm getting my bike tomorrow. I definitely see a CHL in my future.

Advertisement