MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #41
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87

Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
thats fkd up. was he in a cruiser or hd,
i never really seen those type of riders in full gear, then again, a cager will fk anyone up at any speed.
Devil's Hwy Morenci To Alpine Via hwy 191 Stricken55 Off Topic 19 04-08-2015 07:21 PM
construction trap Hwy 90 south of Hwy 6 lucydad Safety Corner Main 2 03-26-2012 08:48 AM
hwy 146 boat crash bentgixxer Off Topic 12 08-08-2010 10:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #42
RBLCHIC
599 Chic

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 Honda 599

I would be devistated if I was the one who survived. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family. RIP. This is just aweful.
RBLCHIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #43
RiceRocket

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR Black

Send a message via AIM to RiceRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RiceRocket
RIP..Prayers to the wife and there family.
RiceRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #44
b18c1ej8
semi-n00b

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4I

wow so sad to hear when they say you hit rock bottom it can only get better i would say now is the time to say it can only get better RIP to the fallen rider and thoughts and prayers to the widow
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com

Motorcycles Unlimited Sig1
b18c1ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #45
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I watched the news on this and got a chuckle not at the fact that someone lost their life but of what the report said. They mentioned that they were with the Blue Knights MC which is a police MC that promotes and teaches safety. I was thinking, if they were promoting safety, they would have had gear on and the injuries/death could have been kept to a minimum. They also mentioned that the driver of the truck was cited for failure to yield. Charges are still pending a full investigation. They showed the bike and it was almost untouched.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #46
JOKER
K9: HALF-PAST DEAD

Bike(s):
ZX12- Joker colored!!!!!!

RIP. i was with several of his co-workers when the news came in Saturday. for those interested, there will be a fundraiser scheduled for the wife and family.. the date is TBA.

it was a sad scene when his friends and co-workers received the news...
JOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #47
Pink_Ranger
Boss Lady

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R,Roketa 125cc, 03 Suzuki JR50

Send a message via AIM to Pink_Ranger
This is from a e-mail i got, being from Galveston I have a lot of GPD friends.

Galveston PD SGT Jeff Wyers was killed June 14th, 2008. He was married the night before to Crystal. Crystal is still at UTMB. The basics - Jeff and Crystal were southbound on HWY 146 and a truck pulled out in front of them.

The visitation will be tomorrow night (Tuesday) from 6-9pm at Crowder Funeral Home in Dickinson.

There will be a procession Wednesday from Crowder Funeral Home to the First Baptist Church on Broadway in Galveston. This is open to *everyone* - not just law enforcement. If you would like to participate (and they are hoping many people do) you should meet at the funeral home at 9:30, and the procession will begin at 10am.

The funeral will begin at 11am at the First Baptist Church on Broadway in Galveston. Burial will take place in Alabama where Jeff's family is - and where he wanted to be buried.

An update on Crystal…

Megan said they have been to see her each day, and today she is doing better. Among other smaller breaks and injuries, the most severe were a broken back, a broken pelvis, and a deflated lung. She is now awake at times and knows that Jeff did not survive the accident. She is able to talk with her visitors and move her hands. Crystal told the girls to go ahead with the funeral - her only requests were that they video tape it for her to watch one day when she is ready, and that they play two songs that she usually sings.

Galveston County Sherrif's Department has put Crystal's family up in a hotel in Galveston until further notice so that they can be near her. Megan also said that with her dad's brothers who live here, they should be covered for family who is coming into town needing a place to stay.

Lastly, Megan just asked that everyone continue to pray. Pray for them to have strength through this terrible time, and pray for Crystal's complete recovery.

Please forward this message on to as many people as you know in and around Galveston County. It will be in tomorrow's paper, but this will at least give everyone some additional notice for the visitation.

Here is a link to the tv news story that Channel 13 did in case you missed it:
http://abclocal.

go.

com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6203814

Last edited by Pink_Ranger; 06-16-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Pink_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #48
bhk1105

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
totalled 2004 Kawi zx 6r

rip
bhk1105 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement