MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #21
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

low jack ftw cuz somebody is gonna want that bike.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pist-off-!!-wwyd? bc6140 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 11-07-2010 06:30 PM
Moral Quandries WWYD???? AFS_Racing Off Topic 9 10-03-2010 03:14 PM
WWYD??? tonyt915 Off Topic 66 01-30-2010 11:31 AM
WWYD if you found $120k in cash RACER X Off Topic 67 05-06-2009 12:30 AM
WWYD Thread Delettion Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 06-24-2008 02:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #22
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. ~T~ View Post
im a woman, fugger!
Too bad this is my thread and not yours!

PS: We all need to shoot some pool when I get back in town
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #23
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuk~N~Turn View Post
low jack ftw cuz somebody is gonna want that bike.
, I didn't even think about that! Great idea....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 06-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #24
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

damper, exhaust, SS lines, windscreen in that order. levers and rearsets are just for looks (sometimes you may need the rear sets) and arent required. even when racing or doing trackdays.

OG has spoken.

Last edited by arturo3rd; 06-12-2008 at 01:50 PM.
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #25
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

pc3 and sprokets if you have extra $$$ around
Old 06-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
damper, exhaust, SS lines, windscreen in that order. levers and rearsets are just for looks (sometimes you may need the rear sets) and arent required. even when racing or doing trackdays.

OG has spoken.
Just did the exhaust(you don't like it?) and I have the Puig double-bubble raised and tinted windscreen. I have never ridden w/ a damper but I've checked them out. I heard they make a huge difference(although not so much on this model), which one would you reccommend? SS lines would be cool, I wonder what those run, I would assume I could do them in my garage with minimal difficulty? Rearsets and Passenger pegs are cosmetic but I'd really love to have everything matching, I think it'd really set the bike off.

~Keith
Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #27
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Just did the exhaust(you don't like it?) and I have the Puig double-bubble raised and tinted windscreen. I have never ridden w/ a damper but I've checked them out. I heard they make a huge difference(although not so much on this model), which one would you reccommend? SS lines would be cool, I wonder what those run, I would assume I could do them in my garage with minimal difficulty? Rearsets and Passenger pegs are cosmetic but I'd really love to have everything matching, I think it'd really set the bike off.

~Keith
can looks stock to me. i would get the damper and SS lines for sure then. I think Motorcycles Unlimited has them for under $100 and you can do it at home. just need to bleed them (may need to buy a hand held pump) or just have Motorcycles Unlimited do it and be safe about it. for sure the SS lines and damper. Scotts top mount and GPR has good .
Old 06-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #28
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
can looks stock to me. i would get the damper and SS lines for sure then. I think Motorcycles Unlimited has them for under $100 and you can do it at home. just need to bleed them (may need to buy a hand held pump) or just have Motorcycles Unlimited do it and be safe about it. for sure the SS lines and damper. Scotts top mount and GPR has good .

I loves my Scotts. I think ss lines will come next since they are fairly cheap and a worthwhile mod.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #29
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
I loves my Scotts. I think ss lines will come next since they are fairly cheap and a worthwhile mod.
We should just do 'em at the same time. Bring ur over and we'll do them in the garage. Also, someone forgot to call me last night again
Old 06-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #30
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
We should just do 'em at the same time. Bring ur over and we'll do them in the garage. Also, someone forgot to call me last night again
I know I know. I was at the range last night and didn't get home til pretty late. (Found one that is open til 10 ) Ya may actually do the ss lines in the next month, btw. I got a mityvac which makes this job ALOT easier.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #31
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
I know I know. I was at the range last night and didn't get home til pretty late. (Found one that is open til 10 ) Ya may actually do the ss lines in the next month, btw. I got a mityvac which makes this job ALOT easier.
Great, you up for getting together and getting both bikes cranked out one day?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #32
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Great, you up for getting together and getting both bikes cranked out one day?
Sure. Will have to see how funds allow. Looking to get leather pants and gloves first then will do the SS lines.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #33
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Unless he's a track guy, he won't notice a performance difference with the SS lines. Even noticing the damper is questionable. New pads would be a much bigger improvement.

-Curt
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #34
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
sucks, ur a few posts too late, i just sold a pc3 for ur bike.

if it was my bike, i'd get a steering damper. looks like your goin for the all black look, i'd get the GPR in black.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #35
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

EBC pads FMTFW!!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #36
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
sucks, ur a few posts too late, i just sold a pc3 for ur bike.

if it was my bike, i'd get a steering damper. looks like your goin for the all black look, i'd get the GPR in black.
Thanks for the tip!

PS: What'd you ask for the used PCIII, incase I run across a used one I know what to expect?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #37
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Thanks for the tip!

PS: What'd you ask for the used PCIII, incase I run across a used one I know what to expect?
I think he sold his $150. Which was a pretty good deal. That's what I am trying to get one secondhand for.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #38
nvydis

Bike(s):
R6,GS500,MiniChop

Send a message via Yahoo to nvydis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Sell it and get a real bike (suzuki) ...
he is trying to make the bike look "better" or "faster". not slow and uglier.....

dvl, all black out or gold it. pc the levers, pegs, rearset. maybe a rear cowl. i got mine from for $118 shipped to the US on a Canada website.

Last edited by nvydis; 06-12-2008 at 03:16 PM.
nvydis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #39
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

sell it and buy me a honda...
it i didnt see the post above me

j/k
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #40
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Unless he's a track guy, he won't notice a performance difference with the SS lines. Even noticing the damper is questionable. New pads would be a much bigger improvement.

-Curt
what? dont need to be a track guy to be able to stop on a dime when necessary. my damper came in handy when i rode freeways too. pads would help too but the lines are the sauce!!

Advertisement