MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #21
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
a brave prediction
Donnington is very very technical track and the others you mentioned have all ridden there before.
This is Rizla's and Paul Dennings home GP so ignore what you read about no pressure.
The Brits love their MotoGP and the crowd and spectator involvement will be pretty intimidating to someone who used to being top dog in a national series.
I think this is a babtism of fire and I really hope he can rise to the occassion and not come away with any self doubt.
Looking forward to seeing him ride in the flesh though I must be honest .
I was kind of afraid of that- I am a bit worried about how they're downplaying the ride. Although, that does seem to be Elbowz style... he does that in the AMA too.

We'll see, I'm sure he'll do his best to ride the wheels off that thing and try to show the World that he has skillz beyond AMA and huge support
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BOMBSHELL (Not so much): Ben Spies Retiring from Racing!!! Texmex1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-26-2013 06:02 PM
Spies and Edwards /motogp.com gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-20-2010 10:27 PM
Spies on MotoGP... Interview maxgs Taking it to the Track 2 10-03-2009 10:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #22
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Woot Woot! Go Ben!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #23
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750

Seems like the natural progression of things with the AMA shake up in full swing.
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #24
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
a brave prediction
Donnington is very very technical track and the others you mentioned have all ridden there before.
This is Rizla's and Paul Dennings home GP so ignore what you read about no pressure.
The Brits love their MotoGP and the crowd and spectator involvement will be pretty intimidating to someone who used to being top dog in a national series.
I think this is a babtism of fire and I really hope he can rise to the occassion and not come away with any self doubt.
Looking forward to seeing him ride in the flesh though I must be honest .
u think Ben isnt used to pressure ? i guess racin Matt Mladin for the championship 3 years straight aint . no pressure at all. trust me, Ben is always up to the challenge and will not be humbled if beatin. he is a natural born racer with one focus... winning races. i used to race 125's against him when he was a teenager, so i have a pretty good idea what the boy is made of
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #25
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
u think Ben isnt used to pressure ? i guess racin Matt Mladin for the championship 3 years straight aint . no pressure at all. trust me, Ben is always up to the challenge and will not be humbled if beatin. he is a natural born racer with one focus... winning races. i used to race 125's against him when he was a teenager, so i have a pretty good idea what the boy is made of
?????????
You think racing your teamate on the best bike for the best team in your country of birth is the same as racing prototype MotoGP in a foreign land for the first time at their home GP against the worlds best on a bike that is at best middle pack at a circuit that is notoriously difficult to master…………………
Come on, keep it real

It’s a big big ask of him is all I’m saying and if you read what I said, I hope he comes through it and not to underestimate what he’s up against.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #26
jodyhudson

Quote:
?????????
You think racing your teamate on the best bike for the best team in your country of birth is the same as racing prototype MotoGP in a foreign land for the first time at their home GP against the worlds best on a bike that is at best middle pack at a circuit that is notoriously difficult to master…………………
Come on, keep it real

It’s a big big ask of him is all I’m saying and if you read what I said, I hope he comes through it and not to underestimate what he’s up against.
when ur a true racer at heart... it doesnt matter where, who or what bike ur racin. ur only goal and focus is to win. so go sit back on the couch and WATCH sum more racin ! i hope he hands those their !
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #27
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC

It's been a while since he's sniffed someone else's exhaust the whole race.....

He's about to get a big wiff.........I don't think the pressure will get to him. But seriously........he's entering a whole different level. Don't expect much else except for him to hold his own.

Hope he does well though. I doubt it will be to many races until we start to see him in contention for podiums……

-Adam
Old 06-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #28
jodyhudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post

It's been a while since he's sniffed someone else's exhaust the whole race.....

He's about to get a big wiff.........I don't think the pressure will get to him. But seriously........he's entering a whole different level. Don't expect much else except for him to hold his own.

Hope he does well though. I doubt it will be to many races until we start to see him in contention for podiums……

-Adam
oh dont get me wrong... i wasnt sayin he was gonna go there and own the place. he will definately have sum learning to do ! but i doubt seriously he is going to be intimidated. Ben has not changed much from when i started watchin him race 11 yrs ago. he is focused and determined to master whatever bike or track you throw at him. he may not win at first, but he definately wont be in the back... you can count on that
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #29
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

The best part about all of this is that he'll get 2 races under his belt before they come to Laguna Seca...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #30
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
SWEET ! GO BEN GO !!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
Old 06-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #31
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

I'm making a bold prediction here... Spies (who in my opinion is the best American-born racer actively racing) will finish ahead of Hayden.

Spies is something else... I really think he's got what it takes to win the MotoGP title in a few years, provided he's on competitive machinery.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #32
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Congrats to Ben, can't wait to watch those races. Who on the board besides Grinchy wouldn't love to see Ben and Colin on the same team?

.......and they both loved OHR.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #33
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Is anyone setting up a viewing party to watch this race?? It would be a great opportunity to see A Homegrown talent on the international scene...

Any one know of a place to watch the race???
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #34
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
The best part about all of this is that he'll get 2 races under his belt before they come to Laguna Seca...
that's the truth right there
Old 06-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #35
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Congrats to Ben, can't wait to watch those races. Who on the board besides Grinchy wouldn't love to see Ben and Colin on the same team?

.......and they both loved OHR.
lose JT from Tech111 to make way for Spies???
right I wouldn't want to see that
leave our lone Brit be, you got Nicky, Hoppa, Colin and soon Ben S to cheer along.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #36
jodyhudson

Quote:
lose JT from Tech111 to make way for Spies???
right I wouldn't want to see that
leave our lone Brit be, you got Nicky, Hoppa, Colin and soon Ben S to cheer along.
i dont see that happenin. i think Toseland will start moving towards the front now that he has gotten his feet wet. i used to enjoy watchin him in WSBK ride the wheels off that Honda. JT can ride, im waitin for him to start showin the boys in motoGP what he's got

Advertisement