MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #61
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
Patrick, Javi and Tim (scootertrash) have all given me the prices before hand and have always been lower. I cant speak for other vendors since those are the only vendors I deal with.
My girl swears that Yamaha has the best parts people in the world. so take that into consideration as well.
I ride Yamaha and have for 41 years. Yeah I'm a old fu*er. Want to fight about it? I kid. Yamaha in Tyler is the FRIKIN WORST!!!!! Bar none. These guys and the management could give a sh*t about you the customer. And they stock NOTHING!, but they will be happy to order it for you and it will be in, in about 10 days. And it will positively be WRONG! My brother owned a Yamaha dealership and he could not believe the sh*t we have to endure here in Tyler. I order ALL my Yamaha parts from Yamaha of Troy and pay for shipping, because I wouldn't on Broadway Yamaha if they whole store was on fire!! Yeah, I said it...Broadway Yamaha! Sorry for the rant mayn. I say kudos for Patric and Motorcycles Unlimited, want to fight about it? I kid......no I don't.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Shops Rocknthesuburb General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-16-2010 06:49 PM
Local Valve Shops? DvlRacer Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 10 05-12-2009 12:36 PM
Hitting local SE shops....... Spectre5922 Events, Meets and Rides 5 11-01-2008 06:41 PM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
Help with a little frustration? Nox General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 05-14-2007 05:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #62
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

i know, just tryin to lightn the forum mood. ive kind of realized you'll never make everyone happy. one thing you do may please one person and offend another. i see this all the time, and im not in the retail or consumer business, im a fireman. ive never been to Motorcycles Unlimited, but the few questions ive asked on here, they have been nothing but helpful and replied quickly. whoever he talked to may have just been swamped or having a bad day. it happens to everyone. now when its a regular occurance like my experiences with cycle shack, thats when you should be concerned.
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #63
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Try ordering parts for your Ducati..........that is when you'll know the meaning of frustration.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #64
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Try ordering parts for your Ducati..........that is when you'll know the meaning of frustration.
^^^ OREDERING them is EASY.... it's the waiting for them to come in from Italia that's the rub....

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #65
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
^^^ OREDERING them is EASY.... it's the waiting for them to come in from Italia that's the rub....
True......I stand corrected.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #66
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #67
markn8442

Bike(s):
2013 kawasaki 636
Specializes Epic
KTMEXC200
KTTM640 Adventure
z50

yepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
Another bad thing about buying on the net is sending your $$$ away from your locale.

It actually hurts your community more than you might think.

Loss of sale tax to fund schools etc., the list goes on.

Buy Local!!! IMHO!!!

i agree with this.
it's always better to shop close to home.
think global, act local.
markn8442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #68
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
WOW. Motorcycles Unlimited just got the worlds longest Internet ad!

Let me add to it. I can be a demanding when it comes to my expectations (one or two people on here will verify that from experience). Patrick went WAY out of the way for me in the past and I'm FAR from a regular customer. Actually, it may have been my first time to Motorcycles Unlimited. I brought my SXV to him for suspension tuning. He said he would do it. Well, the shock was unique in some way and to get the job done in a timely manner he modified (permanently with a grinder) one of the suspension tools ($$$ if he screwed it up). I even told him that I could wait if he needed to order something. Nope, he knew what he was doing, modified his equipment, and did an awesome job on my suspension!

You can't please all the people all of the time but chances are if Motorcycles Unlimited didn't meet your needs there was a serious misunderstanding.

BTW, I'm moving to Cali in a couple weeks and most likely will never bring a bike to Motorcycles Unlimited again. I have nothing to gain by posting this. I just feel good service deserves recognition.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #69
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
I ride Yamaha and have for 41 years. Yeah I'm a old fu*er. Want to fight about it? I kid. Yamaha in Tyler is the FRIKIN WORST!!!!! Bar none. These guys and the management could give a sh*t about you the customer. And they stock NOTHING!, but they will be happy to order it for you and it will be in, in about 10 days. And it will positively be WRONG! My brother owned a Yamaha dealership and he could not believe the sh*t we have to endure here in Tyler. I order ALL my Yamaha parts from Yamaha of Troy and pay for shipping, because I wouldn't on Broadway Yamaha if they whole store was on fire!! Yeah, I said it...Broadway Yamaha! Sorry for the rant mayn. I say kudos for Patric and Motorcycles Unlimited, want to fight about it? I kid......no I don't.
simmer down old timer. I go to patrick or Javi but yamaha south is not that bad. the parts guy there is a real nice guy and have always helped us out.
To be honest I dont think that I have ever had a bad dealing with anybody from purchasing bikes from stubbs, yamaha south to parts and servicing at yamaha south, Motorcycles Unlimited. Javi, Tim (scoot).
Old 06-12-2008, 08:07 AM   #70
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
I GOT MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH Motorcycles Unlimited

FOR NOT HAVING A SHOP IN THE SE!!!!!LOL

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #71
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchmaster_J View Post
Its just a rant. Ive had work done at Motorcycles Unlimited and Grandprix and honestly, I think the service does suck. And when it comes to mechanics, im the only who works on my bike and have been for the past 3 years. As far as the prices, I wanna hear from their mouths what the prices are so i can see and compare later on.
so which is it?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #72
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post

I used to work at a Mustang shop and people would ask for prices ect all the time. No biggie accept when you are swamped and Joe Neverbuys comes in asking you to look up something you are fairly sure he's not going to but anyway.
No offense man, but if it were your business, and you didn't "just work there", it would have been your fault for not making any sale while you had folks in the store. Since you were just an employee though, you felt no need to go the extra mile and make the sale.

Not baggin' on you, but you bring up an excellent point and probably the reason why some folks get less-than-exemplary service with regards to most motorcycle shops and other performance shops.

Getting people in the shop, or to call you is the hard part, believe it or not. If you can't close a sale or at least get that face time/ contact time in with people, that business is doomed to fail eventually.

Motorcycle Unlimited is the exception to the "rule". Patrick is a prime example in this industry of what a "good" business should be, and certainly surrounds himself with folks that are like-minded who work for him.

How many other shops are going to put on a clinic every month, that basically stands to take business away from him? Most shops would rather "keep you dumb" instead of educating customers on the proper way of maintenance and upkeep! Not Motorcycles Unlimited, he'll bring you in and show you how to do it right, with the right parts, and with the right tools!

Classy act there, some of you guys don't know how lucky we are to have a shop like this around. Trust me, 20 years ago or so, you didn't have anyone to about, because you had no choice on who to bring your broken to; it was either Slimebag "A" Motorcycles, or Shytbird "B" Motorcycles, and they were it.

Count your blessing folks, that there is a shop like Motorcycles Unlimited around, with someone like Patrick, who actually will respond to you if you have a problem in a public forum like this.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #73
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

How many times has Patrick posted "Stop in and I'll look at it for free." on here? ALOT!

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #74
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
No offense man, but if it were your business, and you didn't "just work there", it would have been your fault for not making any sale while you had folks in the store. Since you were just an employee though, you felt no need to go the extra mile and make the sale.

Not baggin' on you, but you bring up an excellent point and probably the reason why some folks get less-than-exemplary service with regards to most motorcycle shops and other performance shops.

Getting people in the shop, or to call you is the hard part, believe it or not. If you can't close a sale or at least get that face time/ contact time in with people, that business is doomed to fail eventually.

Motorcycle Unlimited is the exception to the "rule". Patrick is a prime example in this industry of what a "good" business should be, and certainly surrounds himself with folks that are like-minded who work for him.

How many other shops are going to put on a clinic every month, that basically stands to take business away from him? Most shops would rather "keep you dumb" instead of educating customers on the proper way of maintenance and upkeep! Not Motorcycles Unlimited, he'll bring you in and show you how to do it right, with the right parts, and with the right tools!

Classy act there, some of you guys don't know how lucky we are to have a shop like this around. Trust me, 20 years ago or so, you didn't have anyone to about, because you had no choice on who to bring your broken to; it was either Slimebag "A" Motorcycles, or Shytbird "B" Motorcycles, and they were it.
Count your blessing folks, that there is a shop like Motorcycles Unlimited around, with someone like Patrick, who actually will respond to you if you have a problem in a public forum like this.
You make some very good valid points. It never ceases to amaze me how the mentality of quite a number in today's world is so d*mned spoiled with this "it's all about me" attitude. Luckily, there's many more level-headed folks still around. I just hope the former won't overcome the latter one day.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #75
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
How many times has Patrick posted "Stop in and I'll look at it for free." on here? ALOT!
Another example right here http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...12&postcount=8
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #76
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchmaster_J View Post
Hmm... no youre right, this thread does need to close, its turning into a big Motorcycles Unlimited ad.
Thanks for starting it.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #77
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Do i see a Motorcycles Unlimited shop coming to the southeast anytime soon???? Please..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #78
Cerberus

Member Garage

Well, I have to say Patrick and the rest of the Motorcycles Unlimited staff were very polite and helpful to me last week. I had a couple of tires mounted and then my suspension tuned. Neither one of these were big money makers for them since I didn't buy the tires there but they still were helpful and polite. They even took the time to look up a couple of prices for me while helping other customers and answering the phone. I can only think that if someone was unable to get assistance from Motorcycles Unlimited, there must of been a misunderstanding.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #79
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
Do i see a Motorcycles Unlimited shop coming to the southeast anytime soon???? Please..
+100000000000000000000 thats the only bad part, it is the drive!!!
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #80
maxgs

Member Garage

Patrick, Brandon, and the rest of the team at Motorcycles Unlimited have ALWAYS provided me prices in advance of any significant purchase. I think I've spent $5K+ there by now on the gixxer. Now if I could only get a VOLUME DISCOUNT.

-Curt

Advertisement