MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #21
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Motorcycles Unlimited FTW

Scratchmasterwhatever FTL

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Shops Rocknthesuburb General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-16-2010 06:49 PM
Local Valve Shops? DvlRacer Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 10 05-12-2009 12:36 PM
Hitting local SE shops....... Spectre5922 Events, Meets and Rides 5 11-01-2008 06:41 PM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
Help with a little frustration? Nox General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 05-14-2007 05:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #22
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

dont go to cycleshack in conroe. theyre a bunch of terd burglars that dont wanna help anyone. i had a mirror that had to be fixed on my ext suzuki warranty, and the dumb chit told me since it was bought at k's, thats the only place my warranty can be honored. dumb ace idiot.
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #23
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

...lol

mirror on warranty?
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #24
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

what an odd rant. I have dropped by unannounced, called, PM'd, or emailed Patrick over about 4-5 years and he's always quoted me in a timely fashion. He treats me like family, honors what he says or does, and generally made me and my bike safe for road or track. at excellent prices.
did you act like a d!ck on the phone, or didn't know what you were talking about? I've seen him treat total idiots with care and grace.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #25
bignmz04
My better is better

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
I so see this turning into a bash vendors and dealers thread. not a good thing
Old 06-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #26
Zrob25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
dont go to cycleshack in conroe. theyre a bunch of terd burglars that dont wanna help anyone. i had a mirror that had to be fixed on my ext suzuki warranty, and the dumb chit told me since it was bought at k's, thats the only place my warranty can be honored. dumb ace idiot.
Thats when you call Suzuki Corp and complain! A friend had the same prob with a Yami shop. He called corp office and they threatend to pull the yami brand for not honoring the warranty.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #27
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

yeah, the screw behind the mirror that acts as the pivot point broke, and the mirror fell off while driving down the road. luckily i caught it. but the guy was a complete to me, and they always have been. if youre not a man in your 30's or up you get no respect. hence the reason i went all the way to humble to buy a bike and i live in conroe. k's called and spoke to the suzuki corp and told them. jeremy at k's is a great person to deal with and has always taken care of me
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #28
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
and this kid has room to talk!

fukin FAIL
mdeleted
Old 06-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #29
proxim2020
The First Stig

Bike(s):
2001 Honda F4i

I've been dealing with Motorcycles Unlimited over the last 5 months or so and I can only think of good things to say. Lots of times when I call/stop in I'm looking for a ball park but almost always get the specific price for labor and all. And always walk out or end a conversation a little bit more knowledgeable. DEM 'S KNOW HOW TO TREAT A CUSTOMER! I'm not the type of person to kiss sponsor for good deals and will call one out when wronged. But I'm not seeing what you're seein with Motorcycles Unlimited.
proxim2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #30
jph1486

Bike(s):
yzf600r(sold) 03 fiddy
zx6
zx10
kx250f

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchmaster_J View Post
Is it just me or are these shops too lazy to check the computer to get a freakin price? Everything is just some guessing game like,"Its gonna cost like maybe $150". maybe, i wanna know what it will cost so get off your and check, BS. I honestly hate going to these holes, where everyone doesnt care about the customer. Hence why I love the internet, you get cheaper and faster delivery . I resort to calling locally only if i can get the specific part that same day. And of all places, the Suzuki dealer comes to the rescue with suggestions from after market companies. My thumbs go down to Motorcycles Unlimited & Grandprix. This only a rant and my own opinion.

werent you suppose to buy a bike from me? then never called me back???
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #31
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Ever order something online and recieve the wrong part? You have to call and get an RMA number then ship it back and wait for another one to be shipped to you.....im sure your starting to get the point. It might cost a few bucks more but most of the time it will save you money in the end.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #32
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87

Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
I can vouch for Motorcycles Unlimited but GP is another story. I walked in GP 3 separate times an got the royal treatment. but @ Motorcycles Unlimited, it was a great exp.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #33
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Is it just me or are these shops too lazy to check the computer to get a freakin price? Everything is just some guessing game like,"Its gonna cost like maybe $150". maybe, i wanna know what it will cost so get off your and check, BS. I honestly hate going to these holes, where everyone doesnt care about the customer. Hence why I love the internet, you get cheaper and faster delivery . I resort to calling locally only if i can get the specific part that same day. And of all places, the Suzuki dealer comes to the rescue with suggestions from after market companies. My thumbs go down to Motorcycles Unlimited & Grandprix. This only a rant and my own opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2468.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	12692  
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #34
scratchmaster_J

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

Its just a rant. Ive had work done at Motorcycles Unlimited and Grandprix and honestly, I think the service does suck. And when it comes to mechanics, im the only who works on my bike and have been for the past 3 years. As far as the prices, I wanna hear from their mouths what the prices are so i can see and compare later on.

Yes, I know that these guys get tired of being asked questions about parts over the phone. But isnt that what they're their for?? If they got it then great maybe i might stop, if they dont, then im going somewhere else. Some people are good with people others are not. Its like everyone is bored or some or just tired of what their doing in life.

Its all about service, and they dont got it. The owner of MGMR, that older dude is cool.
scratchmaster_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #35
scratchmaster_J

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
I go to Cycle Gear next to QueerImports and if you want service, Albert is the man. Awesome guy, awesome service. Always willing to help and with a good attitude which not many people have in this industry.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #36
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Its just a rant. Ive had work done at Motorcycles Unlimited and Grandprix and honestly, I think the service does suck. And when it comes to mechanics, im the only who works on my bike and have been for the past 3 years. As far as the prices, I wanna hear from their mouths what the prices are so i can see and compare later on.

Yes, I know that these guys get tired of being asked questions about parts over the phone. But isnt that what they're their for?? If they got it then great maybe i might stop, if they dont, then im going somewhere else. Some people are good with people others are not. Its like everyone is bored or some or just tired of what their doing in life.

Its all about service, and they dont got it. The owner of MGMR, that older dude is cool.
can you see where you are the only one on here preaching this message? I have not been here as long as you have but this is the first time somebody has had something negative to say about Patrick or his crew (to my knowledge). They do great work and put up with a lot of BS (I have given them my fair share) in order to provide a great service or product. very nice and polite people also.

You might want to try Javi at True Methods. He is great as well and has also worked on my bike. And if you come back on here and say Javi is rude.....well.......we will know who the problem is.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #37
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
I go to Cycle Gear next to QueerImports and if you want service, Albert is the man. Awesome guy, awesome service. Always willing to help and with a good attitude which not many people have in this industry.
I do agree with you there. ALbert is the man. so is everybody else there. its like a big r6 party over there.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #38
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

that is true. The owner and his son of MGMR are awesome guys! I used to do none motorelated business with them!
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #39
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
yo ALBERT IS THE ! hooked me up on a shoei! big time! the bostrom bull one
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #40
scratchmaster_J

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
can you see where you are the only one on here preaching this message? I have not been here as long as you have but this is the first time somebody has had something negative to say about Patrick or his crew (to my knowledge). They do great work and put up with a lot of BS (I have given them my fair share) in order to provide a great service or product. very nice and polite people also.
Im not an a-hole, and I have had work done there and very satisfied with the work. Its just the attitude of people my age. im 27, and the worst service comes from people my age. I would rather deal with an older person then with a young one any time.

Advertisement